FG Minecraft Server

The3rdWalker

I told you about them so you could use them. I know how beneficial they can be in the long term

Also having one collector and one condenser is not an issue.

We've spoken a few times about server resources. How the server keeps sections of the game loaded around the player when they are logged in. Not sure if you remember our talk about furnaces. This is on par with that but much more server intensive

Having 20 collectors per condenser is a massive resource drain. I notified folks earlier this evening to not have more then 3 or 4 of each. You were not on for that, you have one condenser and 1 collector. However you weren't even playing, you were standing there. I know I camped in your house for about 5 minutes before I booted you. I did the same to Greboth, who was also AFK farming, and didn't listen to me when I told him to not have more than 3-4 of each. NOT 3-4 collectors per Condensor. (Lets be honest there though, its a maxed out flower, so its around 20+ per collector. So thats about 60.

As soon as I booted both of you, the server went back down to its normal usage of 30% of memory. The minute I went back to Greboth's place, 95% usage spike.

------------------------------------

So all that being said. I don't want to tell people how to play, unless it fucks things up for the other players. I have been doing it a lot lately though, and its starting to get nerve wracking. If we all take some time to stop and think about what we are doing, and the potential impact it will have on others, then I think it would be more enjoyable for everyone

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Okay, this is beginning to make sense.

So basically don't leave anything running (apart from collectors - no off switch) in the background that you've not got a reason for e.g. No stockpiling diamonds, etc. Only use them for something you're actually building. How about stuff like automatic crop harvesting...is that the same?

Apart from this, is there anything else that may screw the server? You can probably guess from our chunks/blocks conversation that I'm not that savvy at game mechanics :)

Don't get stressed over this Bart, but I think some of us may need a little more hand holding in the short term.

Oh, and I've been kicked twice for being AFK writing this post!  :lol:

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Its okay Dave. Bart is keeping an eye on the servers like I am sometimes so its going to happen occasionally as we're all new to this. If you're ever in doubt, just ask like you have been. I think everyone got kicked off servers a few times so its going to be annoying a little.

We've got to make sure we're not AFK for too long as well. To me it seems obvious but lets only be logged in when we want to do stuff. We have this server for good now, no need to rush too hard and by accident break the server.

I'd rather have some threads about if you need a lot of something, then post it and people can help out. The whole point of this MC server was for us all to help each other make an awesome world so don't be shy to ask for stuff.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

5 hours ago, Sennex said:

AFK farming EMC? Really guys?

Come on. Thats lame as shit and is killing the server for the rest of us. 

EDIT: Literally killing the resources on the server so you guys can make some more diamonds? Really? Did I make this version to hard to get resources?

No.  I walked away from my PC to answer the phone and the call went on much longer than I expected.  I thought I would have got AFK booted so didn't come back to my PC for a while.  I'll try to remember to log off any time I walk away from my PC.

2 hours ago, Sennex said:

I did the same to Greboth, who was also AFK farming, and didn't listen to me when I told him to not have more than 3-4 of each. NOT 3-4 collectors per Condensor. (Lets be honest there though, its a maxed out flower, so its around 20+ per collector. So thats about 60.

As soon as I booted both of you, the server went back down to its normal usage of 30% of memory. The minute I went back to Greboth's place, 95% usage spike.

I'm sorry, I've obviously not understood something here.  I thought you said last night having a flower or 2 was alright but if that is still a problem they can come down.  Are they only a problem when actually producing an item or are they a server drain even when collecting energy? As I can take stuff out of them so I only make something when I need it.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

I have the following:

1 x bed

1 x double chest

1 x crafting table

I would like the award for "least amount of server resource used" please.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

Thinking about it some more after I posted above, to stop any confusion now or in the future can you answer the below;

- The maximum condensors each of us can have

- The maximum number of collectors each of us can have

- Can these run all the time we're on or should we run them only as and when we need something.  So is it only the creation of an object that is causing server issues or does the energy collection do the same?

The answer to these could then go in server rules.

I can appreciate that you don't want to tell people how to play but when it comes to things like this which effect how others can play.  Then I'd rather you just be blunt (and plainly as I'm a noob :P)  and say this is what you can have and no more.

9 minutes ago, Greboth said:

Thinking about it some more after I posted above, to stop any confusion now or in the future can you answer the below;

- The maximum condensors each of us can have

- The maximum number of collectors each of us can have

- Can these run all the time we're on or should we run them only as and when we need something.  So is it only the creation of an object that is causing server issues or does the energy collection do the same?

The answer to these could then go in server rules.

I can appreciate that you don't want to tell people how to play but when it comes to things like this which effect how others can play.  Then I'd rather you just be blunt (and plainly as I'm a noob :P)  and say this is what you can have and no more.

Good post Greboth. Its better to ask the question than not at all. At the moment because we're mainly noobs, we won't know if we're doing something wrong. However, we all need to be reviewing and checking anything that may be causing problems.

As Bart just knows so much more than anyone, I'm trusting his judgement that he'll know the answer quicker than anyone to what can bring servers down. So we need to make sure listen and read all the posts from everyone.

I want people to have fun on this whilst being constantly aware that of where the lines are.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

It's all good Phil, it's what the servers all about.

Regarding collectors, I knocked down my flowers last night and now only have 1 condensor and 4 collectors.  I'm not sure if that is still too many though so let me know.

On 7/4/2017 at 7:10 AM, phil bottle said:

I cracked up last night when Marina showed me Bart's comment on her boating shenanigans.

Thanks everyone, you've all been really helpful when required.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Every time she gets in a boat warnings pop on the server. Its actually really funny. I've tested it out for myself, and nothing. I don't see errors for others, but I have no idea if thats because they don't boat around or what.

3 hours ago, Greboth said:

It's all good Phil, it's what the servers all about.

Regarding collectors, I knocked down my flowers last night and now only have 1 condensor and 4 collectors.  I'm not sure if that is still too many though so let me know.

Lee and I spoke. Instead of banning them, 1 Condensor +4 collectors will be the max for now on.

I am not turning on block logging at this time, we can look at doing it in the future (This tracks the history for every block in the game, including what is placed/ broken near it). 

The AFK timer is set to 5 minutes, and the server should start rolling restarts every 12 hours. 

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

For a few days I wasn't able to built a boat....  I think the reason why I could not 'pick' the boat from the crafting table is that I was using Hopseed planks. I ended up using Oak planks, I think, and they worked fine.

The boat was handy when exploring before I learnt of Dynmap, as I was hoping to settle in a forest biome with hills. You can sail around pretty quickly!

Now I just need to figure out how to fit two in a boat so I can travel around with Kisu - yes, I found my tamed wolf!!

I'm in the process of moving...I made a mistake with my first place...far too big and ambitious. When Ive moved my stuff over the next few days, it's up for grabs. I'll leave the second condensor/collector hooked up but I won't use it so it'll just sit there holding it's charge. Whoever takes the place or wants to loot can have it. I'll put a post up when I've finished in the base...please leave everything until then

9 minutes ago, Marineta said:

For a few days I wasn't able to built a boat....  I think the reason why I could not 'pick' the boat from the crafting table is that I was using Hopseed planks. I ended up using Oak planks, I think, and they worked fine.

The boat was handy when exploring before I learnt of Dynmap, as I was hoping to settle in a forest biome with hills. You can sail around pretty quickly!

Now I just need to figure out how to fit two in a boat so I can travel around with Kisu - yes, I found my tamed wolf!!

You need a lead, and then you need to move very slowly so the lead doesn't break, which will cause your pet to drown.

Or, I can give you a wolf egg and a nametag. You will need an anvil to attach a name to the nametag. You can then get to your new spot, open the egg, and add the tag, and you should be fine.

1 hour ago, Sennex said:

Every time she gets in a boat warnings pop on the server. Its actually really funny. I've tested it out for myself, and nothing. I don't see errors for others, but I have no idea if thats because they don't boat around or what.

Lee and I spoke. Instead of banning them, 1 Condensor +4 collectors will be the max for now on.

I am not turning on block logging at this time, we can look at doing it in the future (This tracks the history for every block in the game, including what is placed/ broken near it). 

The AFK timer is set to 5 minutes, and the server should start rolling restarts every 12 hours. 

Cool, I'll keep it that then.

For the purpose of server load does it matter whether the energy collectors are mk1's, 2's or 3's?

Bart, I like the idea of the name tag! I am not sure about dragging Kisu by the neck, I don't want to oblige him to stay with me either...

I read in the Minecraft Wiki that mobs with nametags won't despawn... it looks to me like a good way to keep my companion with me at all times!

With a nametag, would he respawn if killed?

OK move complete...anyone interested in an aircraft hanger size base with indoor swimming pool (part filled), strip mining system, railway tunnel connection to the spawn station site, loads of double chests with a few bits and bobs in them, energy condenser, energy collector, Greboth patented automatic smelter, fully functioning (if you're level 30) enchanting table with associated library.. even a bed!

If anyone is interested in taking it on (beautiful panoramic sunrise and sunset views through the floor to ceiling glass walls squire) I'll happily walk you through the tunnel systems

Available to view anytime if you use /warp dave

Enjoy!

3 hours ago, Marineta said:

Bart, I like the idea of the name tag! I am not sure about dragging Kisu by the neck, I don't want to oblige him to stay with me either...

I read in the Minecraft Wiki that mobs with nametags won't despawn... it looks to me like a good way to keep my companion with me at all times!

With a nametag, would he respawn if killed?

No, Nametags will not force a respawn. You will need to find a new wolf if it dies, or someone steals it.

In order for it to stay with you, you need to feed it zombie flesh until it gets a collar around its next (You can actually see a collar as a colored band around the neck). Doing this will cause it to follow you anywhere you go. It will attempt to defend you against monsters, and it has a limited ability to teleport to stay next to you. (don't rely on this)

Oh yeah he's got the red collar and he's been following me since then... he did get in the middle of a fight between me and a few monsters and I fed him chicken after that. I have gone all vegan in the game, meat only for Kisu :205_dog: I think he just gets lost sometimes when warping, but so far I have found him (tried to take selfies of us and all but he won't stay still so I have taken a few screenshots of him pissing on my crops)

They programmed pathing for them is not the best, so you need to just keep an eye out.

When you get a house built, right click one time on the wolf, and it will sit. It will stay there until you right click it again.

The wolf I have at my house is sitting and won't move.

Be careful though, it is possible for people to swipe your pet. 

7 hours ago, Sennex said:

Be careful though, it is possible for people to swipe your pet. 

Don't know who you're thinking of Bart....Phil wouldn't dare, Didds isn't on here yet and the rest of us are "gentlemen " apparently!  :lol:

I wasn't thinking of anyone. 

What happens is this:

Player X visits Player Y who has a dog. Player X feeds Player Y's dog. For whatever reason, the dog then changes ownership to Player X

If its not your dog, don't feed it. But for some reason people want to feed other peoples animals instead of just leaving them alone.

On 05/07/2017 at 5:11 PM, Plumbers Crack said:

OK move complete...anyone interested in an aircraft hanger size base with indoor swimming pool (part filled), strip mining system, railway tunnel connection to the spawn station site, loads of double chests with a few bits and bobs in them, energy condenser, energy collector, Greboth patented automatic smelter, fully functioning (if you're level 30) enchanting table with associated library.. even a bed!

If anyone is interested in taking it on (beautiful panoramic sunrise and sunset views through the floor to ceiling glass walls squire) I'll happily walk you through the tunnel systems

Available to view anytime if you use /warp dave

Enjoy!

Oh, and lots of sheep in a pen and crops :)