FG Minecraft Server

The3rdWalker

As I believe it, no there isn't a demo.  The iPad and console version are the basic game and don't support modes.  The iPad may also be slight cut down version too though I'm not sure on that.  PC obviously supports mods and loads of other stuff.  It still doesn't really explain the price difference though.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

1 hour ago, Plumbers Crack said:

This all seems interesting, bloody incomprehensible and an enormous time sink!! :lol:

Can anyone provide a link to a guide to Minecraft for a completely ignorant noob?

Anyone know if there's a playable demo to see if you like it before buying into it?

it appears to be available for the iPad...anyone know if that's any good?

If you had the iPad or PS4 version, would you be able to join in with the PC guys on the FG server?

Thanks guys :)

1 hour ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Also, pricing disparity seems weird....iPad 6.99...PS4...12.99....PC....17.99   are the first two nerfed in some way?

I will try to answer your questions here.

Everything is nerfed and different across the versions outside of the PC version. What this means is that the sky is the limit on PC, but on other versions you are seriously hampered by what you can do.

My opinion: Since I have always been on PC, I think playing on other versions is a waste of time. Ipad/ PS4/ Xbox version cannot connect to PC, they cannot be modded, so why play on them? To a point I actually really feel bad for people on those versions. (We bought it for my son to play on his Wii U. It is still in the shrink wrap. lol)

Mods are ONLY supported (currently) on PC versions of the game.

There is not a playable demo. However you can find pirated versions out there that cannot connect to servers, but you can explore the game

If you want to play this with us, you have to get the PC version. Sorry dude

There are video guides out there on youtube. Just do a search for Minecraft beginner guide

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I started on the very very early versions of Minecraft on pc. Moved over to Xbox then ps4 with Alex. Looking at the pc version now, it's bat shit crazy how much stuff there is.  It's daunting at the moment, but love the community feel already.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

If you guys want to start a "Tips/ tricks/ Help thread" I will answer anything I can.

I listed the mods we are using, and there are really amazing youtube guides out there.

Also, tomorrow I will most likely build the portals to the other worlds at the spawn. That way you guys can get a feel for them as well. 

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

6 hours ago, Sennex said:

If you guys want to start a "Tips/ tricks/ Help thread" I will answer anything I can.

I listed the mods we are using, and there are really amazing youtube guides out there.

Also, tomorrow I will most likely build the portals to the other worlds at the spawn. That way you guys can get a feel for them as well. 

Absolutely need this. To be honest, this is the most I've ever felt with a game where I have literally no clue from the moment I just joined the server.

Is there a basic guide I can read so I can understand controls and first things to do?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Start a thread, when I have time I will post videos or answer questions

Basically you drive your character with WASD, you open your backpack with E, you use blocks/ tools with the LMB

I've done quite a bit of mining tonight and added some beds to the diamond chest in the middle for any new joiners.

My house is in the green bit by the waters edge (forgot to screen show where) but it shouldn't be too hard to find.  I have a chest inside the house and several underneath (access is to the left of the steps in to the house).  Feel free to take anything you need out of any of the chests.

I was wondering where the beds came from.

Newbie Tip: you can use scissors on the sheep to get the wool without killing them

I forgot to tell you all.

In order to give everyone a slight edge for the first few days. I set the difficulty to Peaceful.

What this means is that monsters cannot spawn, you heal over time naturally, and you don't go hungry.

At some point next week I will turn it back to normal

On 6/2/2017 at 9:17 PM, Sennex said:

Here is the link https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0HHyg47WsFEdnd3REJ6UW92eTg?usp=sharing

Grab both the files

Forge 1.7.10 and ForeverGaming.zip

When I try to download the Forge 1.7.10 file, I get an error:  Launch4j  

Bart.png

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

6 hours ago, Sennex said:

I forgot to tell you all.

In order to give everyone a slight edge for the first few days. I set the difficulty to Peaceful.

What this means is that monsters cannot spawn, you heal over time naturally, and you don't go hungry.

At some point next week I will turn it back to normal

I figured the beds would come in handy if anyone new joined at night as they can instantly sleep.  That was before realising it was peaceful but still nice to have.

It is amazing how much extra time you have knowing you can work through the night without having to go back to to sleep.

I met Cedric the Librarian. We hung out for a while, discussed the place of John Dos Passos in 20th century American literature, ate some pork chops and then parted ways.
Nice to explore[emoji5]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

5 hours ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

When I try to download the Forge 1.7.10 file, I get an error:  Launch4j  

Bart.png

This might be a stupid question but; Have you actually got Java installed? Is it the latest version?

So that error is on download? So like when you go to the link i shared and grab the file?

That seems odd, a download doesnt touch the registry

Via the FG App

Tommy, I did notice that when I went to instal Forge it blocked it because of Java. Once I allowed permissions it installed fine. Not sure if its this but I thought I'd share.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Well I'm fully hooked on this already! Jumped on yesterday for a couple of hours, turned into 5 🙈

Started with Phil and we've made ourselves a little place in the side of a mountain. 

I've got the crafting table finally figured out,  although thought I was going to make a bowl but made a boat....don't even know if you can make a bowl haha

We'll have to find a nice place to set up

an FG build, unless anyone's already started that?

Also, Dave you should get this game and anyone else who sees this and hasn't got it 😀