Black Ops 6

Just finished 3 matches in the open beta and it feels like Cold War on crack. Everything feels really sweaty and erratic. Can be fun but it’s also rather messy. It’s certainly enough of a change over Cold War and the last few COD’s but I actually think Vanguard offered the best pacing and hit reg IMO so it feels a bit of a step back in that respect. Visuals look good as do the animations but i fear the movement will be exploited to hell down the line. I’m tempted to grab this if nothing else floats my boat towards the end of the year but I hope it doesn’t become too exhausting.

Enjoyed weekend one, then I played a game in the last hour of the beta and my god it was a sweatfest, couldn’t kill anyone lol so I promptly turned it off.

watching my son play last night and today and yeah it looks bad this weekend, no idea why if it’s a cheater problem or what,  it jeez I’m not sure I got it in me to reach level 30, think I’d rather just sit it out.

the spawns look rough as hell.

Another thing I am a bit concerned about is the visibility - the graphics are nice, clean and pretty colourful in places but anyone that's prone appears dead so you practically have to shoot dead bodies to double check or risk being killed by someone laying down. The amount of people that look ragdoll dead but are just camping is crazy and I think this could develop into a real problem unless the animations offers better differentiation. JackFrags posted a video last night where he was camping on stairs and out in the open and players were just walking over him assuming he was dead. 

This from Nero says it all tbh, I played for quite a few hours yesterday as I needed to see if it made me feel ill however I kind of enjoyed it because as some know I spent so much time on shipment. This game feels like shipment 24/7 chaos, I also had to quit out of quite a few games due to really bad lag etc.

I'm probably gonna give this one a miss. Some parts of the beta were fun but the majority were just too exhausting and frustrating. The pacing is just too erratic and combine this with the very basic map design and it just feels like you're running and gunning all the time with absolutely no need for thought or strategy. Doesn't feel like a game that's been made for 4 years - I'm sure the campaign is a decent and highly polished offering but the MP is once again full of questionable design choices, fundamental flaws and lots of frustrations. 

The spawns on Babylon are probably the worst in the history of COD too