Black Ops 6

Just finished 3 matches in the open beta and it feels like Cold War on crack. Everything feels really sweaty and erratic. Can be fun but it’s also rather messy. It’s certainly enough of a change over Cold War and the last few COD’s but I actually think Vanguard offered the best pacing and hit reg IMO so it feels a bit of a step back in that respect. Visuals look good as do the animations but i fear the movement will be exploited to hell down the line. I’m tempted to grab this if nothing else floats my boat towards the end of the year but I hope it doesn’t become too exhausting.

Enjoyed weekend one, then I played a game in the last hour of the beta and my god it was a sweatfest, couldn’t kill anyone lol so I promptly turned it off.

watching my son play last night and today and yeah it looks bad this weekend, no idea why if it’s a cheater problem or what,  it jeez I’m not sure I got it in me to reach level 30, think I’d rather just sit it out.

the spawns look rough as hell.

Another thing I am a bit concerned about is the visibility - the graphics are nice, clean and pretty colourful in places but anyone that's prone appears dead so you practically have to shoot dead bodies to double check or risk being killed by someone laying down. The amount of people that look ragdoll dead but are just camping is crazy and I think this could develop into a real problem unless the animations offers better differentiation. JackFrags posted a video last night where he was camping on stairs and out in the open and players were just walking over him assuming he was dead. 

This from Nero says it all tbh, I played for quite a few hours yesterday as I needed to see if it made me feel ill however I kind of enjoyed it because as some know I spent so much time on shipment. This game feels like shipment 24/7 chaos, I also had to quit out of quite a few games due to really bad lag etc.

I'm probably gonna give this one a miss. Some parts of the beta were fun but the majority were just too exhausting and frustrating. The pacing is just too erratic and combine this with the very basic map design and it just feels like you're running and gunning all the time with absolutely no need for thought or strategy. Doesn't feel like a game that's been made for 4 years - I'm sure the campaign is a decent and highly polished offering but the MP is once again full of questionable design choices, fundamental flaws and lots of frustrations. 

The spawns on Babylon are probably the worst in the history of COD too

The beginning of pay2win audio?

WWW.GAMESPOT.COM

For $20 you can unlock a personalized audio profile to use with Call Of Duty: Black Ops 6.

Total gimmick waste of money but I can see Activision taking advantage of this down the line. 

And people will continue to pay for it... Therein lies the problem. Yes scummy companies but for some reason the fan base will pay instead of choosing to boycott etc.

I can see this going down as one of the worst COD's ever, the only aspect I am really interested in atm is Zombies as it would be good to get on that with an old group of mates I used to game with.

Luseth.png

26 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

The beginning of pay2win audio?

WWW.GAMESPOT.COM

For $20 you can unlock a personalized audio profile to use with Call Of Duty: Black Ops 6.

Total gimmick waste of money but I can see Activision taking advantage of this down the line. 

It's not pay to win at all. Everybody has access to the enhanced audio. People are just raging because they don't understand it properly.

fart.gif

2 hours ago, MrBiron said:

It's not pay to win at all. Everybody has access to the enhanced audio. People are just raging because they don't understand it properly.

Everyone should be getting the same audio output for the same product. If Activision want to embed enhanced audio from a third party then they should licence it themselves and absorb the cost for a game they are already charging £70 for and offer it to all. People are angry because it's another internal charge that can provide an advantage and Activision could further utilise this down the line by artificially degrading the standard output and forcing people to buy into this.  Peripherals should be the only thing to dictate the end-quality of audio and as Activision have yet to get their house in order with the basic environmental sounds in any of these COD games with so many inconsistencies, so it just looks a ludicrous inclusion.  

If they want to offer this then it should be open to all advanced audio providers in the market and shouldn't be integrated exclusively, because all it looks like is an easy money grab for two money-grabbing companies. That would be like Activision saying you can only perform certain in-game movements if you have a SCUF controller. 

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Everyone should be getting the same audio output for the same product. If Activision want to embed enhanced audio from a third party then they should licence it themselves and absorb the cost for a game they are already charging £70 for and offer it to all. People are angry because it's another internal charge that can provide an advantage and Activision could further utilise this down the line by artificially degrading the standard output and forcing people to buy into this.  Peripherals should be the only thing to dictate the end-quality of audio and as Activision have yet to get their house in order with the basic environmental sounds in any of these COD games with so many inconsistencies, so it just looks a ludicrous inclusion.  

If they want to offer this then it should be open to all advanced audio providers in the market and shouldn't be integrated exclusively, because all it looks like is an easy money grab for two money-grabbing companies. That would be like Activision saying you can only perform certain in-game movements if you have a SCUF controller. 

Everybody IS getting the same audio output. If you pay then you get it tailored for the shape of your head and ears. It doesn't change the quality of the audio at all. We all get the enhanced audio for free. If you watch XclusiveAce's video he even states that he's done some research into this and it seems that the opinion on the paid part is very varied. Some people say it's great and some say it does absolutely nothing. It just seems like a gimmick to me and you'd have to be stupid to pay more money just for the chance that it may improve how you hear things by a little bit.

fart.gif

Anyone enjoying the game? I played 4-5 matches. I kind of bored of it already. Not a fan of the perk system. The default classes are meh at best. Not a fan of the movement. I never really liked the Treyarch games. This one hasn't changed my opinion so far.  I'll give zombies a go later. They tend to do that well and it the best part of their games in my opinion

14 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

Anyone enjoying the game? I played 4-5 matches. I kind of bored of it already. Not a fan of the perk system. The default classes are meh at best. Not a fan of the movement. I never really liked the Treyarch games. This one hasn't changed my opinion so far.  I'll give zombies a go later. They tend to do that well and it the best part of their games in my opinion

I’ve played 16 matches and I’m roughly half way through the campaign, and I’m having a great time! 

1 big caveat; I have taken a long break from COD. I didn’t play Vanguard, Cold War, or MW2 at all, and only played about 30 mins of MW3 when it came to game pass. I didn’t want to buy these games anymore, and I’m only playing BO6 due to it being on game pass! 

So there’s a good chance that the reason I’m enjoying it so much is that I’ve taken such a long break! 

Need to play more matches to determine which maps and weapons I do or don’t like, but for now I’m just enjoying my time with it!