MW3 FG Updates and Stories!

GazzaGarratt

Lets get a thread going to share all our game night exploits on a regular basis. Let everyone know how last night went; good, horrible or hilarious. Let see some stories unfold on how the carnage unfolded!

We've had a pretty decent start to the new MW3 this time round. Definitely focusing on Win/Loss Ratio more than anything else. After about 3 sessions, I've personally not lost more than 10 games so far because of the beautiful thing that is FG. We currently have about 5 FGers sitting above 2.0 W/L which is ace - I'm thinking we can get at least 20 (yep TWENTY) FGers above that figure if we keep on grouping up together. Lets see how high we can go!

I mostly used the Holger AR last night - I'm now on the Gilded (Gold) challenge for it which hopefully I can get done later this week.

How was last night's escapades for everyone else?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Last night was great. Jumped in to a party with 4 lads and we managed to win almost every game.

the highlight was @Luseth running around with a knife destroying teams and winning us the day on several occasions. 

domination on rust can get in the bin but it was good craiq in the end as we won 200-199!

signatures small.jpg

26 minutes ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

Last night was great. Jumped in to a party with 4 lads and we managed to win almost every game.

the highlight was @Luseth running around with a knife destroying teams and winning us the day on several occasions. 

domination on rust can get in the bin but it was good craiq in the end as we won 200-199!

This^^

9 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Lets get a thread going to share all our game night exploits on a regular basis. Let everyone know how last night went; good, horrible or hilarious. Let see some stories unfold on how the carnage unfolded!

We've had a pretty decent start to the new MW3 this time round. Definitely focusing on Win/Loss Ratio more than anything else. After about 3 sessions, I've personally not lost more than 10 games so far because of the beautiful thing that is FG. We currently have about 5 FGers sitting above 2.0 W/L which is ace - I'm thinking we can get at least 20 (yep TWENTY) FGers above that figure if we keep on grouping up together. Lets see how high we can go!

I mostly used the Holger AR last night - I'm now on the Gilded (Gold) challenge for it which hopefully I can get done later this week.

How was last night's escapades for everyone else?

Yeah so I'm definitely not sitting above a 2.0 W/L more like a 0.78 W/L...But I've been grinding out the camo challenges for the MW3 weapons. All I have to say is good luck with the Grenade Launcher Forged Camo challenge. That was terrible.

10 hours ago, crippled_viper said:

Yeah so I'm definitely not sitting above a 2.0 W/L more like a 0.78 W/L...But I've been grinding out the camo challenges for the MW3 weapons. All I have to say is good luck with the Grenade Launcher Forged Camo challenge. That was terrible.

Dunno if I've even unlocked it, dare I ask why it's so bad? 

20 hours ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

I won't lie I am having immense fun knifeing people 😄  I have started to use one of the new guns (Holger) which is also pretty good. I'm torn at the moment, if I start using the gun more my K/D will increase, I think I am sitting around 1.1 at the moment which is 0.4 off the last game. Running round with the knife is holding me back in that sense but on the flipside I have probably picked up the most kill confirmed tags than anyone in the world the past week because I can't avoid them after stabbing someone in the back 😄

There is also quite a funny animation sometimes when you knife, it sort of just jabs the knife out into the player and honestly it is the most pathetic way to die, it looks like someone getting stabbed by a butter knife from my view 😂Couple that with the enemy trying to do it, that's when I know I have won because they are blatantly raging and wanting to get their own back 🤣

Luseth.png

44 minutes ago, Luseth said:

I won't lie I am having immense fun knifeing people 😄  I have started to use one of the new guns (Holger) which is also pretty good. I'm torn at the moment, if I start using the gun more my K/D will increase, I think I am sitting around 1.1 at the moment which is 0.4 off the last game. Running round with the knife is holding me back in that sense but on the flipside I have probably picked up the most kill confirmed tags than anyone in the world the past week because I can't avoid them after stabbing someone in the back 😄

There is also quite a funny animation sometimes when you knife, it sort of just jabs the knife out into the player and honestly it is the most pathetic way to die, it looks like someone getting stabbed by a butter knife from my view 😂Couple that with the enemy trying to do it, that's when I know I have won because they are blatantly raging and wanting to get their own back 🤣

What's your setup? I use to love Maraton + commando + lightweight + tac knife to enrage people. It's the only nuke I ever got on MW2. Got it on the quary map.  Might be fun to run something similar again

1 hour ago, cyberninja2601 said:

What's your setup? I use to love Maraton + commando + lightweight + tac knife to enrage people. It's the only nuke I ever got on MW2. Got it on the quary map.  Might be fun to run something similar again

I don't think the gloves matter, I did find the infantry vest worth having as you run ever so slightly quicker but I have changed to engineer's now so I get an extra tactical grenade, covert sneakers and ghost are a must and then I use smoke grenades, if you are playing a point based game mode you can smoke up points and run in slashing ^_^

Luseth.png

6 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Dunno if I've even unlocked it, dare I ask why it's so bad? 

To get the Forged camo. You have to destroy betty's and claymore's. Not many people are running those. So it was a grind for sure. Ran engineering class for awhile.

15 hours ago, MrBiron said:

Map update: Estate and Wasteland can get in the bin. Hate them.

I tried copying @Luseth and his knife escapades. I didn't do as well but it was fun.

Well if your Knifing on those 2 maps your a madman. 

I assume you didn't mean it like that, just couldn't help myself. 😛

Although I've not knifed yet in this cod, it's always a challenge. You have to play a certain way. 

It's a lot of flanking, you have to go fast and slow. 

You have to be tactical about it. 

23 minutes ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Although I've not knifed yet in this cod, it's always a challenge. You have to play a certain way. 

It's a lot of flanking, you have to go fast and slow. 

You have to be tactical about it. 

Tactical? What is this? I just run around like a madman 🤪

fart.gif

5 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

Tactical? What is this? I just run around like a madman 🤪

Haha, well you want to bolt to their side at the start and always try be somewhere they don't expect. In their spawn. 

Get chased, run into a building and leap out a window and back to catch them from behind. 

Use stuns, flashes on groups. 

Slide and climb and dart about a lot. 

You have to close the distance so you can maximise your short range. 

Stay away from big open spaces and headglitches etc. 

Last few nights FG went on another flying winstreak. Mitch, @Lurchzy, @Macca89, @Luseth, @Greboth were on board and last night it ended at around 35 for me with the same peeps including @Misneach_ and @LordBaguette. A great game where we were 98-0 down on Terminal and flipped it around to win 250-221. Even a late game on Highrise would you believe was losing for half the game on Domination but managed to turn the tide to win by around a small 15 points in the end. Trying to fend off the opposition on Point B on that map is a nightmare.

Can't believe I have to sing Tom's praises but Smoke grenades have super helped in tight games when you want to lockdown a flag or a hardpoint.

On 12/29/2023 at 9:54 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

last night it ended at around 35 for me

Ah no did you really? I was on 31 when I left and it had you on the same winstreak, I even sent a photo to Greboth as I was well chuffed I had caught you! I think I am still on my winstreak so I might actually do what Macca said I do and wait till we have the best team on so I can try and sneak a few more wins 😄

Smoke grenades are great, the only gripe I have, I was trying to find a thermal scope that I liked, there are a couple of variants with different colours and the red one's that I liked couldn't even see anyone through the fekkin smoke. There was a white one that was good but a little too zoomed in for my liking during general combat.

Luseth.png

2 hours ago, Luseth said:

I was trying to find a thermal scope that I liked, there are a couple of variants with different colours and the red one's that I liked couldn't even see anyone through the fekkin smoke. There was a white one that was good but a little too zoomed in for my liking during general combat.

Good point, I need to find one for me too. I may look at a few more gun camos before I do though so I have 3-4 loadouts I can just go to whenever I need to. I feel like I only have 1-2 I can use when I need to pull my ass out of the shit zone 😅

3 hours ago, Luseth said:

Smoke grenades are great, the only gripe I have, I was trying to find a thermal scope that I liked, there are a couple of variants with different colours and the red one's that I liked couldn't even see anyone through the fekkin smoke. There was a white one that was good but a little too zoomed in for my liking during general combat.

Is the thermal scope for a camo?

19 minutes ago, Lurchzy said:

Is the thermal scope for a camo?

No, I found it good for seeing through smoke but it also mitigates some of the skins, there are a few I find a bit difficult to see on some maps so it just makes players a little bit easier to spot from distance. When I’m running a knife it doesnt matter as I am so close to them

Luseth.png

I've used most of the Thermal sights from MW2, which carry over to MW3. 

Some are really good, depends on the zoom you want. 

A short 2.5x, 4.0x, 5.5x, 6 or 7 etc. 

Remember the bigger the zoom, the bigger the glint. 

I used Thermal for most of my longshots for Orion camo. 

1000+ longshots or something, can't remember but it was a lot. 

Some of the best ones were.

SZ Holotherm (for shorter ranges). 

Drexsom Prime 90, Teplo-OP 3.

There are others I can't remember the name. If I see any when I'm next on I will recommend. 

Avoid the ones with a white lens, they tend to be harder to see especially with smoke. 

Always go for the greenish/orangey ones. 

If you go for a 2.5x Thermal you won't get a glint. 

I think it's under 3.5x won't give you any. 

But you obviously won't get the range potential. 

Ah thanks @IRaMPaGe, if there any others I would appreciate it 🙂 There was an orangey one I was using and in general combat was really good (you could switch it on and off too) but when it came to smoke I just couldn't see through it, not sure if it is a badly tested scope or just intentional with COD.

Luseth.png

17 minutes ago, Luseth said:

Ah thanks @IRaMPaGe, if there any others I would appreciate it 🙂 There was an orangey one I was using and in general combat was really good (you could switch it on and off too) but when it came to smoke I just couldn't see through it, not sure if it is a badly tested scope or just intentional with COD.

Yeah there are a few that really don't help with smoke for some reason. 

It almost goes cloudy, sounds like bad design. 

Altho some of the Thermal scopes really go weird through windows and glass. 

If the glass isn't broken you literally can't see a thing. Regardless of smoke. 

I take it you want a shorter scope? 

Yeah some are hybrids and you can toggle with a normal scope as well. 

Like a dual scope kinda deal. 

I'm sure there is a schlager one that sucks ass. 

I assume the main criteria is on an AR with working smoke, and not too slow or rangey or too much glint. 

It's got to be a 2.5x, 3.5 or 4.

Also sounds like the Holotherm one you had. 

I used it on the Desert Eagle on MW2 for laughs. It was actually really good.