Spider-Man 2

J4MES OX4D

This looks decent. I liked the original with its stunning visuals and sublime mechanics but it was a game that has some very bad habits which included Ubisoft-style radio towers, terrible stealth and painfully repetitive random events. Those flaws were really surprising because everything else was extremely polished. There was also some horrendous puzzle missions (that you could thankfully skip) which absolutely destroyed the pacing. Hoping this will improve across the board 

I got this pre-ordered, and can't fucking wait to dive into it!!  The first one and MM were so damn good, and a joy to platinum.  I imagine I'll be up all night after the podcast filming.  Lol

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

One thing that actually annoys me.  There's already a spoiler article on Gameinformer about the game's ending.  Wtf?!  The game literally just released, and you're spoiling shit already?  Fuck off GI. 

I'm probably going to be up all night playing this.  I deserve it after working all day, and podcasting for the evening.   

5 hours ago, techno said:

Not a game I'm interested in but just seen this😁

I can't stand listening to Eight Thoughts. He's a massive Bellend. 

This is one of the very few open world games where I don't use fast travel. Traversing the world is so much fun with all of the web slinging and gliding that fast travel just seems pointless. 

fart.gif

On 10/22/2023 at 5:05 AM, MrBiron said:

I'm enjoying this. If you liked the first game and Miles Morales then you'll like this as well. It looks absolutely incredible as well.

Agreed 100%.  This is fantastic, as usual by the folks at Insomniac.  Really enjoying whipping through NYC kicking the ever-loving shit out of bad guys.  Just passed the halfway point, until @Rumelyladytook over the system.  

Some pro tips here for combat (that I totally haven't stolen from a Youtube video that I watched): The easiest way to tackle combat is to just stay in the air. So punch an enemy into the air, jump up and beat the shite out of them, when they're done then use triangle to yank another enemy up. Then the only thing you have to worry about is avoiding projectiles (there's an ability that lets you dodge behind an enemy you're fighting in the air). There are a few abilities to help with aerial combat as well, including one which increases damage to enemies in the air.

fart.gif

12 hours ago, MrBiron said:

Some pro tips here for combat (that I totally haven't stolen from a Youtube video that I watched): The easiest way to tackle combat is to just stay in the air. So punch an enemy into the air, jump up and beat the shite out of them, when they're done then use triangle to yank another enemy up. Then the only thing you have to worry about is avoiding projectiles (there's an ability that lets you dodge behind an enemy you're fighting in the air). There are a few abilities to help with aerial combat as well, including one which increases damage to enemies in the air.

I've been doing that too.  LOL!!  Enjoy the ground, bastards!!!  

Did the whole game on spectacular, loved the game but kinda wished it was a bit more challenging overall, I find the combat very easy when chaining all powers and gadgets and staying in the air, plus muscle memory from previous games. Story is fantastic though, one of the best Spider-Man stories ever

told

i also wish there was some kind of challenge mode with loads of

combat and stealth challenges like Arkham had, just for something else to do outside of main game. There isn’t enough stealth stuff either like previous games 

There Is an after credits scene also 

cba

12 hours ago, LordBaguette said:

i also wish there was some kind of challenge mode with loads of

combat and stealth challenges like Arkham had, just for something else to do outside of main game. There isn’t enough stealth stuff either like previous games 

I'm honestly surprised there isn't one.  The Mysterium challenges are kind of meh, but I don't recall the first game having one.

2 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

I'm honestly surprised there isn't one.  The Mysterium challenges are kind of meh, but I don't recall the first game having one.

They had way more side stuff, but yea all the games needed more challenging combat / stealth missions 

I golded all the mysteriums on spectacular without even trying 

cba

It's an easy Platinum trophy too.  I got it last night.

I am playing through at the moment, I am not quite so gripped as the previous 2 games, I do think it looks incredible mind and really does look next gen. Combat is still similar with a few new gadgets and such and they have obviously branched out with the skills trees and such.

Story seem's good so far, I am only really getting going with it I think so still discovering who the villain is and what they are up to type of thing.

I did come across a bug last night which led to me turning the game off, one npc got stuck the wrong side of a wall and I have no idea how but it meant I could not progress the mission, I imagine I'll jump on again last night and go back to the autosave point.

As far as the 2 spidermen go, so far I am much more enjoying Miles arc, his abilities are much more fun to play with and I think his story arc is more interesting as so far he has more of a personal stake in it. I imagine I will go for the platinum on this as well but I am flitting between this and Baldurs Gate 3 at the moment, 2 different but rather large games ^_^ So imagine it will take me a while to get the plat.

Luseth.png