MW3 - 16 Returning Maps!

GazzaGarratt

16 returning maps which is every single map from MW2 back in 2009. I know loads have asked for multiple maps in this list so I would expect some FGers to be over the moon with this!

I'm just glad they're doing it in a big drop at once. The playerbase moaned about wanting loads of old maps so here you go. Favela I know is loved by a few here...

Whats your thoughts??

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Kind of looking forward to it. There were a lot of maps that I liked in that rotations. 

It would be nice if the maps that are in MW2 are also part of the rotation. Don't see why not nice it basically a DLC of MW2

A lot of those maps are already in DMZ if you look carefully. So people that have been playing Warzone/DMZ might have slightly better map knowledge than those who don't

No real surprise as Sledgehammer usually deliver on quantity and I hope they can also follow through with original maps too like they did on Vanguard. It would be no good having 16 old maps and then just a handful of new ones - these maps have sat in the game files for years, likely as tactical withheld content, and some even released back in the original MW of 2019.

If we can get at least 30 maps at launch then that would be great. 

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

No real surprise as Sledgehammer usually deliver on quantity and I hope they can also follow through with original maps too like they did on Vanguard. It would be no good having 16 old maps and then just a handful of new ones - these maps have sat in the game files for years, likely as tactical withheld content, and some even released back in the original MW of 2019.

If we can get at least 30 maps at launch then that would be great. 

We're only getting these 16 maps at launch. They've already said that. I'm sure I read we'll have just these maps for a month or 2 and then we'll also get access to MW2 maps as well.

fart.gif

What I would really appreciate is an extension of the 24/7 system…the ability to be able to choose a particular map to play.

To just go select map > select game mode > play game

Playing Shipment 24/7 is ok but to be able to select say large maps for sniping would be great

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

1 hour ago, Plumbers Crack said:

What I would really appreciate is an extension of the 24/7 system…the ability to be able to choose a particular map to play.

To just go select map > select game mode > play game

Playing Shipment 24/7 is ok but to be able to select say large maps for sniping would be great

Its a great concept but its about keeping lobby populations high, so I don't think it would happen vastly. I could totally get behind 24/7, small, medium and large map rotation. 1 map for each size so you can do what you said. Doesn't matter to me which maps they are but would definitely get people in them.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

8 hours ago, MrBiron said:

We're only getting these 16 maps at launch. They've already said that. I'm sure I read we'll have just these maps for a month or 2 and then we'll also get access to MW2 maps as well.

Oh so the rumours were right all along then - it's just a £60 glorified DLC dressed up as a new game, made in less than 8 months🤣

I do love the OG MW2 maps but I honestly expected them to appear with some original ones at least.  Certainly be interesting to see how they play with more modern mechanics. 

3 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Oh so the rumours were right all along then - it's just a £60 glorified DLC dressed up as a new game, made in less than 8 months🤣

I do love the OG MW2 maps but I honestly expected them to appear with some original ones at least.  Certainly be interesting to see how they play with more modern mechanics. 

You also get zombies which is worth it for me. The last black-ops all I played was zombies because the MP was trash

And me. Will it have a free PS4 > PS5 upgrade does anyone know? Seeing all those old maps from the days of FG’s origins is making me think do I push the button on any decent PS5/CoD bundle or wait for a slim?

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork