Modern Warfare III

J4MES OX4D

4 hours ago, techno said:

I'm sure you should be able to yes great call. Normally once I unlock create a class I forget those exist. Also just realized my wins weren't counting because I hadn't done 3 daily challenges🙄👍

Exactly. The default all count for the challenges. Zombies also count. So that’s more daily challenge. Additionally if you extract with something equipped in zombies it unlocks as well. That how I got my letals as well as some guns in no time at all. So there are ways around it.  

The matchmaking in this is so blatantly rigged that it's just ridiculous. 

One match you're up against G Fueled bunny hopping sweats who play like they're in some sort of tournament. Next match it's like you're up against players who've never played a video game before. 

There's nothing satisfying about doing well when you don't know if you actually played well or if the game put you up against a load of Timmy-No-Thumbs. 

fart.gif

3 hours ago, MrBiron said:

One match you're up against G Fueled bunny hopping sweats who play like they're in some sort of tournament. Next match it's like you're up against players who've never played a video game before. 

There's nothing satisfying about doing well when you don't know if you actually played well or if the game put you up against a load of Timmy-No-Thumbs. 

Welcome to call of duty! Are you new here mate? 

It was most noticeable from MW19 onwards. Cold War, Vanguard, MW2 absolutely riddled with that STD ahem I mean SBMM. 

16 hours ago, MrBiron said:

Personally, I wouldn't mind playing Timmy-No-Thumbs every time. Nevertheless, I like to keep in mind it makes the wins that slight bit sweeter when you beat the sweaty G-Fuel snorting bunny rabbits.

14 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

It was most noticeable from MW19 onwards. Cold War, Vanguard, MW2 absolutely riddled with that STD ahem I mean SBMM. 

I know the MM system has been in the games since MW19 but it feels like it's been ramped up to 1000 in this game.

fart.gif

1 hour ago, MrBiron said:

I know the MM system has been in the games since MW19 but it feels like it's been ramped up to 1000 in this game.

Listening to people online this issue could be what kills the game for most.

Hopefully it finally makes them change it....but I doubt it.

1 hour ago, techno said:

Listening to people online this issue could be what kills the game for most.

Hopefully it finally makes them change it....but I doubt it.

The only way it'll change is if it starts losing them money. Activision won't care if they lose players as long as they don't lose the players that spend loads of money on the game. A few thousand people moaning on Twitter or Reddit doesn't matter to them. 

fart.gif

57 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

The only way it'll change is if it starts losing them money. Activision won't care if they lose players as long as they don't lose the players that spend loads of money on the game. A few thousand people moaning on Twitter or Reddit doesn't matter to them. 

True but people are saying the numbers are down so🤷

10 minutes ago, techno said:

True but people are saying the numbers are down so🤷

Their revenues are likely still up because they just milk the people left over even harder. They'll probably just release a new £29.99 bundle every 3-5 weeks now to mitigate any lost players. Those that just played the games and didn't spend any money (like me and most others) aren't worth nothing to them after release so it's no big loss. Two bundles that cost nothing to produce instantly covers what I would've paid for the base game and there is a staggering amount of people with their wallets out willing to pay.

Crap games, broken games, unfinished games - it doesn't mean anything to them because they always know they can recoup any lost revenue. They could sell a blank disc and still people will buy it. Fortnite is getting 6m players peak right now and the new update had 45m players because it's made to the highest technical and development standards possible. MW3 is so shambolic in comparison from an ethical and quality standpoint. I really hope Microsoft get their teeth into this brand unlike taking a backseat for profits like they did with Bethesda and really shake things up. Sack the board, remove this annual schedule and rebuild from the ground up. 

I also can't believe this is in the game - lost count of how many videos I've seen users get killed by this. Visibility seems bad enough on most maps without a near-invisible skin

On 11/12/2023 at 11:02 AM, MrBiron said:

22 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

I don't know that you arguments make sense.  If you a strong SBMM you would either always be playing againsts the tournament sweats (if you rule)  or always be playing the Timmy-No-Thumbs (if you suck).

Server based and no SBMM should be giving you random skill levels. 

My main complaint is the jackasses in objective modes that don't PTFO at all. When you are in a game of DOM and someone gets 0 caps but 30 kills, they are useless to the cause and they should immediately get thrown into 20 consecutive matches against bunny sweats 😉 . Same with KC that picks up 2 tags all game

15 minutes ago, cyberninja2601 said:

I don't know that you arguments make sense.  If you a strong SBMM you would either always be playing againsts the tournament sweats (if you rule)  or always be playing the Timmy-No-Thumbs (if you suck).

My main complaint is the jackasses in objective modes that don't PTFO at all. When you are in a game of DOM and someone gets 0 caps but 30 kills, they are useless to the cause and they should immediately get thrown into 20 consecutive matches against bunny sweats 😉 . Same with KC that picks up 2 tags all game

COD doesn't use typical SBMM by definition - that's just the basic term coined by users when they are hit by it. The games use EOMM and SBMM concepts. If the games used traditional SBMM like seen in many other competitive titles then every lobby would be painfully streamlined based on current skill but COD has retention-based factors (EOMM-driven) in play where you get buttfucked for a couple of games let's say, and then you can rest your ass with an easy match after, which baits you into playing more rinse and repeat. Lobbies disband and the back-end algorithms are desperately working and then there's instances where your connection may be manipulated or guns suddenly don't feel as effective. It's all phycological and artificial - you will have a great game but expect to also get battered in the same session especially if you are playing solo. COD games are scripted just as hard as FIFA and it's more obvious than ever. 

If people want a fair experience then a game like CS2 is the way to go - no P2W bundles, sub-tick servers, clean netcode etc. but games like COD are rigged to a degree and punishment always drives retention especially when Activision can flaunt their temporary P2W bundles as leverage.  I remember playing Cold War where EOMM was so predictable, I could tell before a match exactly how it would go! COD should either use pure SBMM or exclusive connection-based matchmaking. This current EOMM-based monetised-matchmaking is just too much of a strain on the community especially if in-match factors are also impacting. 

41 minutes ago, cyberninja2601 said:

You would if you were a top player however for middling players that most of us are it does seem to flip flop you around as it places you up against sweats , you suck then throws you a bone rinse and repeat. 

Some also believe you get a better experience the more skins you buy.

As for expecting ransoms to play the obj....this isn't new if it annoys you maybe just play tdm🤷

15 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

That's my main gripe, it makes it a priority over the connection. 

It should never be that way. 

Also the average player is miles better than years gone by. 

Mainly because of YouTubers etc, people know a lot more than they ever did. 

People are just a lot better on the whole. 

I don't mind a hard fought battle etc, but not every match. 

I want to level guns and camos. 

People are playing MW3 with Orion TAQ-56 etc. 

I’m quite enjoying it !

Love the breacher drone. Love the sneaky sneakers. Love the people who don’t use the sneaky sneakers the clod hopping numpties 

one thing I have noticed, it’s very much a long range CoD. Marksman, sniper, battle have all worked good for me, but haven’t enjoyed the assault I’ve used and haven’t touched SMGs. I think the ttk increase has played to the hard hitting weapons more. 

Have actually done the campaign  then went back for trophies. Would like to do some team zombies when I’m through the levels. 

29 minutes ago, Baabcat said:

I’m quite enjoying it !

Love the breacher drone. Love the sneaky sneakers. Love the people who don’t use the sneaky sneakers the clod hopping numpties 

one thing I have noticed, it’s very much a long range CoD. Marksman, sniper, battle have all worked good for me, but haven’t enjoyed the assault I’ve used and haven’t touched SMGs. I think the ttk increase has played to the hard hitting weapons more. 

Have actually done the campaign  then went back for trophies. Would like to do some team zombies when I’m through the levels. 

Im actually also enjoying it, the game definitely changes when you get the covert sneakers and as such for me at least it's a crutch perk, I absolutely hate the sound of my own bloody feet. It's nice to also have a fast paced game I can run around on, map dependent, after last year's campy slow as shit game. I'm actually looking forward to them adding the few decent maps from mw2. 

Running the Covert Sneakers and Ghost is great fun as most players chase red dots and just listen for footsteps, so you can now run right up behind people. I've already done a couple of executions.

I absolutely hate a few maps. Rust, Estate and Wasteland can do one. Invasion is getting on my tits as well as players tend to camp in the Embassy.

In the OG MW2 I wasn't a fan of Underpass or Rundown at all but I actually really like both of them in this game.

fart.gif

27 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

Running the Covert Sneakers and Ghost is great fun as most players chase red dots and just listen for footsteps, so you can now run right up behind people. I've already done a couple of executions.

I absolutely hate a few maps. Rust, Estate and Wasteland can do one. Invasion is getting on my tits as well as players tend to camp in the Embassy.

In the OG MW2 I wasn't a fan of Underpass or Rundown at all but I actually really like both of them in this game.

So I wasn't a fan at first but last night I had immense fun running around once I had the sneakers, couple that with ghost as you say and I feel that's a must. That then led onto me finding that running around with just a knife could be incredibly fun, people aren't paying enough attention to what they can see and I ended up the evening with the Knife as my third most kills for a weapon only about 15 from my second weapon 😄 I saved a fair few clips, some of me looking incredible, others of me flailing about while someone just steps back and shoots me in the face! 😅

Luseth.png

5 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Have resisted the temptation so far but I finish work for the year in three weeks and if I see it discounted I might pick it up.

I'll be a crimbo noob yay 🙈😭🤪🤣🥳

I read that as finish work for a year at first😳😁

On 11/18/2023 at 10:57 AM, techno said:

Mw2 could have definitely been better ...

100% agree with him. Sledgehammer have had to roll back all of the shit decisions that IW made for MW2. Meaning they haven't been able to try anything new. This game is what MW2 could have been if IW weren't such stubborn pricks. 

fart.gif

On 11/18/2023 at 9:23 AM, MrBiron said:

3 actual completely new maps coming in Season 1: Meat, Greece and Rio.

meat.jpg

greece.jpg

rio.jpg

Maps look so much better when they aren't reused Warzone textures. Even some of MW3's maps have low-quality assets lifted from that. These ones look much better.