Modern Warfare III

J4MES OX4D

F10TJd9XoA8K6fV?format=jpg&name=largeF10TJ04XoAMQUzT?format=jpg&name=large

I don't mind this - give Sledgehammer a crack at Modern Warfare, wind the series up for good and then IW can move onto something else next time with a bit of luck. Hopefully we wont see MW4 and that they keep dragging it out as painful as Black Ops has become. Just hope it isn't glorified DLC disguised as a full priced game - it's risky them doing back to back sequels but Activision have backed themselves into a strategic calamity with this release. Sledgehammer do try their best and are heavily under-resourced compared to the other developers and have a pretty extreme turnover of staff so I don't think they have too much to lose especially being put under so much pressure. 

Not sure if I'll get this one though - really depends on the other releases this year and whether there's enough in it. Baldur's Gate 3 next week which is massive and then all eyes on Starfield before the Metal Gear Solid Collection. If it's just a watered-down expansion then it will be a real shame and ultimately pave the way for MW4 in 2025. 

I will be honest, I have no intention currently of picking this up, I think I am with Biron in that I can't see it being anything other than dlc wrapped up as a new game and if so I really hope the community let's it fall flat on it's face for the scumminess of it.

Luseth.png

In fairness i'm having so much fun playing MW2 that unless either 1) its a massive update and enhancement to what we have already and/or 2) all FGers move across to the latest one, then I think we'll all continue on MW2 if we keep on having the fun together.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

On 7/27/2023 at 9:13 AM, Luseth said:

I will be honest, I have no intention currently of picking this up, I think I am with Biron in that I can't see it being anything other than dlc wrapped up as a new game and if so I really hope the community let's it fall flat on it's face for the scumminess of it.

You know the cod community isn't ever going to do that. The last few years sales etc have proved that.

On 7/27/2023 at 11:30 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

In fairness i'm having so much fun playing MW2 that unless either 1) its a massive update and enhancement to what we have already and/or 2) all FGers move across to the latest one, then I think we'll all continue on MW2 if we keep on having the fun together.

So when you buying it then 🤣

Content from MW2 will carry over to MW3. This includes all weapons and camo's for the weapons, operators and their skins, battle pass items and weapon blueprints plus any bundles bought from the store.

I think it's a good move to have things moved over rather than anything that players have bought just being obsolete because a new game is out.

fart.gif

On 8/12/2023 at 9:39 AM, MrBiron said:

Content from MW2 will carry over to MW3. This includes all weapons and camo's for the weapons, operators and their skins, battle pass items and weapon blueprints plus any bundles bought from the store.

I think it's a good move to have things moved over rather than anything that players have bought just being obsolete because a new game is out.

That's fair enough unless it just hides a lack of content in what is a full price release. Nero did a video on it saying there may only be 30 guns on launch.

Personally if rather it didn't carry forward. They have probably done it so more people will continue to buy bundles etc going forward. 

19 hours ago, techno said:

That's fair enough unless it just hides a lack of content in what is a full price release. Nero did a video on it saying there may only be 30 guns on launch.

Personally if rather it didn't carry forward. They have probably done it so more people will continue to buy bundles etc going forward. 

I suspect it is to to hide a lack of content because this game was originally just meant to be an expansion. I've no issue with them carrying things over but I'd like the option to reset your guns so you can grind them out again. 

fart.gif

1 hour ago, Lurchzy said:

Why does Sony PlayStation have early access if Microsoft own Blizzard?

Simple - $, or probably more accurately, $$$$$$$$$

Sony have previously paid for special access or content to come to PS before Xbox.  So it could be that contract, which may have been signed before MS bought Activision, is still in effect.  Or potentially MS don't care about PS having content first - the console war really happens in the early years of a generation so by now it's relatively settled not to mention consoles are, or were for a long time, sold at a loss with money being in the games.  MS gets the billions a year from the game either way so don't care too much about shifting less consoles.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

23 minutes ago, Greboth said:

Simple - $, or probably more accurately, $$$$$$$$$

Sony have previously paid for special access or content to come to PS before Xbox.  So it could be that contract, which may have been signed before MS bought Activision, is still in effect.  Or potentially MS don't care about PS having content first - the console war really happens in the early years of a generation so by now it's relatively settled not to mention consoles are, or were for a long time, sold at a loss with money being in the games.  MS gets the billions a year from the game either way so don't care too much about shifting less consoles.

Makes sense — thanks 👍

2 hours ago, Lurchzy said:

Why does Sony PlayStation have early access if Microsoft own Blizzard?

The deal has not gone through yet. If it does, it wont be concluded until October at the earliest. Also Sony's agreements are set in stone and have to be honored the same with Deathloop which had a year's exclusivity with Playstation signed just weeks before the deal with Bethesda and Microsoft was finally agreed and before the game released. The exclusivity deal is really nothing significant anyway - it may as well be scrapped altogether it's that pointless. 

Read this about the campaign on another forum. Seems that Sledgehammer have just thrown together some sort of campaign in the short time they had but they haven't had time to do a proper one. A direct result of Activision changing this from a DLC add-on to a full game.

Personally I think it’s awful, aside from the first mission the open combat missions are just the multiplayer maps but with bots in. No proper scripted big bang moments etc you can just run to each objective, press X and be done.

fart.gif

I watched a couple of streams last night of the campaign and it did look remarkably underwhelming. There seemed to be some lazy open world missions that looked like they were recycled from the Warzone map and then a few of the main missions looked pretty short and incredibly bland. I did like the look of a couple of snow and mountainous missions but it severely lacks polish by the look of things and some of the writing and animations look amateur at best. 

I'd say they slapped this campaign together in 3 months. The new Makarov looks seriously weak too. So glad I swerved this in the end because this may go down as the worst effort in the entire franchise history.  Not the devs fault - this is on Activision. 

1 hour ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

Has anyone actually played the campaign yet?

Reddit aren't happy about anything! Especially COD.

I did the first 4 missions. They are a lot like DMZ missions with less and easier bots and no enemy operators.  Nothing special. 

I would describe it as a DMZ tutorial. 

I think I did the first 3 and didn't even realize I was done because I was expect way more than that. 

Rather underwhelming so far. Only reason I am doing them is the rewards and to get the weapon blue print at the end

Also if you played DMZ and the missions you probably have more of an appreciation for the campaign. A lot ties in with the Shadow one and Crown missions that people had to do.  The Koni are a big part of those missions and the enemies as are the missiles, missile sights and some of the other stuff. However a good campaign would be able to stand on its own