NFL Fantasy League with FG?
Posted

I'm not sure if its too late as the season has started but i'm trying to think of ways to get more into NFL abit more and I'm thinking that to help me (and maybe others that want to learn too) that we could do a Fantasy Football league with some of you veteran NFL experts? I know we need a few names because there is a draft as part of the setup which don't really understand so if there is also someone to help me set it up that would be awesome.

What do you reckon folks? Could be a decent laugh too as we set up each week against each other? 😄

I'll tag a few NFL people I can remember! @Antpool84  @Baabcat  @Plumbers Crack  @Jason  @TigerBurge  @G_dub52  @jordie1892  @Lurrchh  and anyone else that wants to get involved for the lolz (and learning! 🤣)

Forum Signature Test.png

RIP Jimmy Greaves
Posted

I think sometimes life passes us by without stoping for a moment and trying to take in how he still is the most prolific striker England has EVER produced. He has 357 first class goals, which no one is near to beating. Only missed the World Cup of 1966 through injury, it would be a travesty if younger folk forgot a player like Greavesie was.

He was known for his cock-ups or 'Gaffes' in his old age but he was the Grandafther of the Saturday sport show alongside Ian St. John. Can't believe we've lost 'Saint and Greavesie' in the same year. 🧡

Forum Signature Test.png

Football (Played with Feet)
Posted
7 minutes ago, Spacedeck said:

I'm not in the loop but did notice Ronaldo's return to United.  What's with the price tag though? I thought he was worth much more than that?

He's 36 now, last year of his contract at Juventus and if you look how Messi left on a free, they decided to get a quick deal done. They'll still get up 20 million with the add ons so its not all bad. I don't think we'll see many 36 year olds in their last year of contract go for much more!

Forum Signature Test.png

Posted
18 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Well, the window is closed and overall no earth shattering business or mega deals.

Ronaldo and Messi moved clubs but Kylian didn't get his 200 million move to Madrid. PSG up front look impressive though.

Spurs wise we stengthened the defence and kept our striker.

Kane has burned his bridges for me though, I wish we'd sold him.

Griezmann went back to Atletico and Barcelona brought in De Jong as a replacement - could be the end of an era for Barcelona for a few years. Dan James to Leeds for 25 million which made Man Utd business look very good in this window. Might not have been as many transfers yesterday but the whole window was pretty incredible for the amount of big players moving around.

Forum Signature Test.png

Posted

England Squad for the 3 September Qualifiers:

england squad Aug 2021.jpg

First call up for Patrick Bamford with Mason Greenwood just missing out although Gareth Southgate has confirmed his form is good enough to be in the squad but allowing him to progress further with Man Utd for the meantime.

I didn't expect many changes in the squad tbh, based on their performances at the Euros.

Forum Signature Test.png

Nfl 2021
Posted
On 7/25/2021 at 6:19 PM, Antpool84 said:

With only 45 days until the new NFL season kicks off, is anyone else looking forward to the start of the season? Being a Falcons fan it's going to be an interesting season to say the least with the change in management and coaching, and with the departure of Julio Jones to Tennessee and arrival of 1st round draft pick Kyle Pitts. Hoping both the defence and offence can pull it together this season. 

I think the Bucs and Chiefs will both have another solid season as neither have seen much change in the squad. I was surprised at Carson Wentz leaving the Eagles for the Colts with how long he has been there, and i can't see him having a massive impact. I will definitely be keeping an eye on Trevor Lawrence with all the hype that has surrounded the 1st pick, will he make a massive difference to the Jaguars 🤔

Looking forward to the return of the London games too, especially since the Falcons playing over here again.

So whats everyones predictions for the upcoming season? Anyone else going to the London games?

Over the years i've aksed FGers to help me understand what team I should follow but as there's never much buzz here I kind of miss when everything starts until I hear Superbowl is coming around again!

How is the Fantasy Football league work? Is it quite difficult to do and do you need to start it soon at all? Could've been a good thing to help people here keep some interest in this egg hand chasing game.

Forum Signature Test.png

Football European Super League
Posted
On 7/30/2021 at 10:37 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

I was hoping never to post in here again 

_118475078_gettyimages-1317284495.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus say they will carry on with plans to launch a...

Can't wait to see Spartak Moscow, Lech Poznan and Malmo join them.

Forum Signature Test.png

Posted
2 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I can't believe Wayne Rooney phoned the police because he got caught with two women in a hotel and is moaning that he's been 'set up'! He's already got horrendous form for this behaviour so I don't know why this is any different. If anything, at least it's not with a granny hooker like it was before

45892917-9824241-image-a-19_162728037036

Whilst i'm not condoning whatever he did on the night, I think its been clarified these are from over 4 years ago. I've seen the pics don't show a great deal of things that went on - more that he fell asleep and that some girls took some photos. It really could've been anything, nothing or something bad, nobody knows.

Forum Signature Test.png

Posted
12 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

So Lingard didn’t move to West Ham on a permanent deal then?

He wanted to stay at Man United to fight for his place. Ole said he was happy to keep him based on his performances last year which makes sense for them to give him a go as he was in the best 11 side for the whole of the PL in the second half of the season.

Forum Signature Test.png

Posted

Is it just me or this year is definitely quieter all round on the transfer news. I think its not surprising as clubs are having to try and stay afloat after the pandemic in the main. Its funny cos I see my clubs fanbase eager to see people coming like every year without them realising we aren't made of money like virtually 95% of all other clubs out there!

Forum Signature Test.png

Posted
11 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Moving back to proper football I've seen pundits suggest Spurs will be outside the top 10 this season. While that's cobblers it does make me wonder which teams will be contenders.

I'd say Man Utd with Sancho look very strong and I believe there's more signings to come.

Man City aren't going to sit on their laurels and Chelsea are looking at spending big too.

Don't see anything from Arsenal but I imagine Liverpool will be looking to strengthen and return to the top.

Haaland and his future will be interesting and a boost to any of the teams above. 

Not sure if Kane will be going anywhere.

Man United are making moves and I do think they'll be up there again. There young players with another year of experience will be tough to beat if they get a good start.

I think people at other clubs outside Man City and Chelsea need to have a realisation of how football is at the moment and that the instant success culture isn't helping their teams. I think the best thing these teams can do like Arsenal and Spurs are committing and sticking to a 5 year plan to try and win the league.

Forum Signature Test.png

Euro 2020
Posted
18 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

With that said I found the game to be really entertaining, and I love penalty kicks; I know some folks wish it would just play on and on until someone collapse but to me that makes a bland experience. 

I can understand that. Its the cruellest way to end a game but when you can't settle it between two teams over 2 hours of playing intense football there has to be some way. I think the only challenge to this is the way we saw a pilot somewhere in the world where every 5 minutes you remove one player each so eventually you will get a winner within another 20-30 minutes hopefully. But you could still argue that's not fair either! Thats the beauty of football, it allows for the most unpredictable things to happen the most versus all other sports.

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

Sad that the biggest conversations after the tournament are regarding fan behaviour and racism but glad to see Patel and her hypocrisy getting told by Mings this morning. Footballers appearing to be better role models than our politicians is where we're at.

It is, and not surprising either. The only way this stuff changes though is with action rather than continuing 'condemning'. Thats just words and we all know actions speak louder than words. I hope there is stuff that can be done as I want to see the World Cup here in 2030.

Forum Signature Test.png

Euro 2020
Posted

I believe they did volunteer as all did, however Gareth chose the line up based on training - something other managers didn't do in the past and thats why we got beat multiple times. We can believe whatever narrative we all want to believe in, I might just share a few facts to help bring context and balance for the people thinking that the line up wasn't the right choice but why Gareth (and myself) believed in it.

When we beat Columbia on penalties heres the takers, and the outcome just to help:

Kane scored - Aged 24

Rashford scored - Aged 20

Henderson missed - Aged 28

Trippier scored - Aged 27

Dier scored - Aged 24

And a stat based on Roy Keane's view:

Regardless what happens though, we all know penalties are the cruellest way to lose. Its virtually pot luck and has no relevance to the game that was played beforehand.

Forum Signature Test.png

Euro 2020
Posted

A couple of things so far we have to try to be balanced over...

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

but I won't second guess the manager who finally got an England team to play together.

I'd say the future, and the World Cup looks bright 🙂

This is in a nutshell the positive angle to be behind. I'll keep standing by Gareth Southgate regardless of what he does now, with 2 semi finals and a final to his name.

52 minutes ago, Baabcat said:

Despite the disappointment very excited for the World Cup. Did you see most of the team removed the medals as soon as they were out on them. 18 months time we will have grown again !

And whilst i'm excited like yourself, its about being balanced that we don't just immediately go and put the biggest pressure on a group of lads for the biggest tournament in football that is 18 months away. We have to be extremely lucky to win out of all the teams that try to go to the World Cup. I'm sure we'll give it our best shot....we have to stay grounded and getting to another semi or final would be amazing, winning it is the pinnacle.

I just hope if we don't have the greatest time at the next World Cup, I hope people will see its not the biggest catastrophe on the planet (thats more attached to not qualifying for a WC, etc) - we have just been to our second final, not in 55 years, but in the whole history of football!! Once we're doing that consistently like Italy, Germany, Spain, etc we can then start to remove that stigma of anxiety and failure.

Forum Signature Test.png

Euro 2020
Posted

You're pretty lucky James I'm in a forgiving mood because that is an absolute clusterfuck of a post.

We may not have been on top all game, specifically 2nd half but the rest is just nonsense.

Like I've had to say to multiple people, grown adults too would you believe, that for once we need to stop being England Managers and remember that NONE of us could've done what they've achieved this past month.

You can respectfully be confused or disagree with decisions that take place but wouldn't it be just wonderful if all English mentalities were thrown away as they remember how much goodness, relief and jubilation these players and coaches have given us instead.

Forum Signature Test.png

Euro 2020
Posted

What a night. Bar from the 10-15 minutes that they had and got the goal, we were on top of that game. The facts were we had over 20 shots, 60% of the possession and there was really only one team going to score, it was (thankfully) just about when we were going to. The pen was soft but a pen regardless. We'd be spitting feathers if it was against us but that is football. The Danes wouldn't have give 2 shits either.

Have you ever seen an England team confidently hold the ball like they do, not panic like they do, and pass out from the back to create multiple chances like they do? I recall Souness saying, he thinks we'll win it even if its not attractive football....well, I must be blind because the patterns of passing and how they break down a team is an absolute joy to watch and behold.

Sterling was incredible and they allowed Kane to float which meant he was critical to making many spaces and potential chances. Walker had a blinder too whilst i've never seen Shaw with so much energy and desire to be positive and run at defenders.

No one said it was gonna be easy, we couldn't expect to batter a team that was ranked the highest in the world on our side of the draw, especially with the Eriksen momentum they had built up too. But we did it. We went and bloody did it. Surreal and special moment for the whole country. Make the most of this as Sunday will come around before you know it!! ❤️

One more thing though....this man deserved credit before we got into the final, heck even the semi-final. Mad how it needs these things to happen for him to get the credit he deserves. Enjoy these times whilst we have the best manager we have ever had for England.

Forum Signature Test.png

Euro 2020
Posted
1 minute ago, MrBiron said:

We were super lucky last night. Own goal from Denmark and then a penalty that wasn't actually a penalty (although I'd argue that Kane should have had a penalty). 

If we play like that on Sunday we will lose. Sure we started great but then the pace just dropped off and there were also a few silly mistakes that nearly cost us the game.

Could we beat Italy? Absolutely. We will beat them? I'm not sure about that.

I worry sometimes what game people were watching.

Forum Signature Test.png

Euro 2020
Posted
3 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Spain are a wonderful team on the ball but toothless in front of goal. Great goal by Chiesa. Italy haven't lost a match under Mancini in two years.

Big game first, Denmark versus England and Kasper saying its never been home might help provide some extra motivation for the lads 🙂

Yeah it was the case of they did enough to stay in the game to give them the chance at penalties. Not trying to think of that final though as it really is all about tonight! Kasper was right tbh, it was such a shit question asked to him. I think this squad want to prove that them as individuals are good enough. Southgate even came out yesterday and triued to help the media get facts right - we haven't got a rich history in success apart from 1 World Cup and a few semi-finals - and the fact that he has achieved 50% of those semi final results should give us the confidence to get behind him, whatever tactics he puts out there.

I'm just glad its game day! Felt like forever waiting for today to come round! 😄

Forum Signature Test.png

Posted
On 6/30/2021 at 3:53 PM, phil bottle said:

Looks like it's going to be Nuno for Spurs

How you feeling about this Philly? James @Lurch  ain't feeling that great about it so far!

On 6/30/2021 at 8:21 PM, phil bottle said:

Sancho to Man Utd looks likes it's finally happening 

Good deal for them. Seems they mean business in the market this year.

Forum Signature Test.png

Euro 2020
Posted

Another night to remember and what was even more impressive was throughout the game the intensity didn't drop, and even through their post match interviews you can clearly see they mean business.

Shaw for me was MotM, he has jumped so many levels these past few games.

I love everything that Gareth Southgate is doing, especially the bit where he doesn't listen to what anyone says in the media or from a fans perspective. 3 Semi-finals in 3 years and we're not done yet. I want this to happen more for him than anything else in the world. 2 more steps to go, bring on Wednesday.

Forum Signature Test.png

Euro 2020
Posted

Its been a wild few days hasnt it?!

To briefly check in regarding England v Germany, I thought we were excellent all over the park in every aspect. We made chances, worked our patterns extremely well and finished them off emphatically.

Very tough game tonight, I think they're ready for it though, we just have to get behind the team, whatever line up plays and send those positive vibes to them!

Some of us local FG lot went to the pub and caught the games yesterday over a beer. Agreed James, Spain were extremely lucky (again) and Italy really did work hard for their win. They'll be extremely tough to stop at the moment but losing Spinnazolla could hurt them quite abit.

Forum Signature Test.png

Euro 2020
Posted

The tournament just keeps on getting better. Its why we shouldn't get too head of ourselves, but we can still be super confident of the game ahead of us. One game at a time and we'll see what happens!

Conentration for the full 90 minutes it seems after watching Spain and France blow strong leads in their games.

Who would've thought that the current World Champions (France) and European Champions (Portugal) would be both out before the Quarter Finals??

Forum Signature Test.png

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy