GT Sport - FG Races
Posted
10 minutes ago, Greboth said:

At this rate it’ll be an easy win for me 🤣

I guess Lee wasn’t going to make it due to Destiny but don’t know about the rest.  Maybe we miss this week if no-one else is going to make it.

Lol. I was going to still try and make it but if we don't have enough tonight it might help me on the first night of launch for the new DLC! 🤣 However, we still have @JBR-Kiwi  @Mikepjbell  and @Spacedeck  that i don't think have made their mind up yet. I also think Pete, Phil's mate could be on potentially.

Forum Signature Test.png

GT Sport - FG Races
Posted
25 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

thought I'd be trying to keep Greboth honest but Lee elbowed through on the first corner, I'm too nice giving space, before further on after turn 3 I saw him nudging JBR slightly off track, at least that's how it looked to me😉

Yeah, i took a chance on that corner and felt like I nailed it 😄 I did hit Kiwi, that's for sure but if i'm totally honest I was on the inside of that corner so I think for 3 or 4 corners before I was expecting him to back off cos there was no way 2 cars could get round that corner, so its why I made sure I was on the inside. Thats kinda why chat was annoyingly not there as i was ready to tell @JBR-Kiwi  to back off cos I wasn't gonna lose position on that corner!

Although, yeah. I fucked up after that with @Greboth 🤣🤣 and cos I then started to feel about having a number of bumps, I decided to wait to join after you all went through. Probably best as I couldn't get my pace up even though I was solidly lapping low 1.31's. I think thats what I like about racing; regardless of how slow or fast you are, track positions are respected and for a very brief moment it felt like I was catching Greebs...until I forgot my speed and decided not brake 🙈

Forum Signature Test.png

GT Sport - FG Races
Posted
15 hours ago, JBR-Kiwi said:

Love the track but man is it a temperamental one 

Nope, hated that one! 🤣

Corners are super hard to get round and I find its like the circuit wants you to go off the track which is then a nightmare as it buggers your speed up around the entire lap. Still, a decent first few laps - I probably made it interesting by trying to keep Greebs close enough to the pack by whacking him on the chicane. Annoyingly I felt like I was in touch for a few laps but if i'm honest I never broker 1.30 in that Audi as I the braking and turning into corners on the Laguna Seca isn't that clear to me. I actually take a lot from talking to you all through practice and the race so not being able to talk to you guys cos Sony screwed up chat for the whole night was annoying AF and disappointing.

Still, looks like it was a great race ahead of me! 😜

Forum Signature Test.png

GT Sport - FG Races
Posted
On 10/28/2020 at 7:30 PM, techno said:

Just reinstalled this tonight and started to run some laps, I'm not going back to auto gears. With some of you guys times posted I got a little bit obsessed and managed to beat a few. My problem with driving games is I'm ok on my own but running races I react to other cars more than the track, even the ghost car puts me off. 

I noticed the same problem when doing GTA.

I'd definitely get involved if you can Gary. When do you come off nights? The racing has actually meant for the slower people here (me) it means we actually get a chance against the others because we all make mistakes. Plus, I've improved being in their company because we can ask each other questions on what's working or what I can fix when I find problems on significant parts of the track.

Great races this week and fantastic to come back a few days later and read all your thoughts and hilarious bits. My Tl;dr? - I was utter crap. Probably because I was distracted by Rovers playing. 😄

Forum Signature Test.png

GT Sport - FG Races
Posted

Great races and great write up @Greboth. First race was a miserable one for me as I couldn't nail down a car in practice, started with RCZ, went through about 8 cars, then came back to it before Qualifying. Qualifying was probably the best part for me as it showed me i'm still getting closer to the faster people here but the race just was a nightmare from the off. Came off the track early and never recovered. I think going backwards around that track really didn't help my driving style.

Second race started so well for me, and I probably was too soft on you Greebs when you closed the door on me once or twice. I felt fast so it was annoying when i braked too late at the end of lap 2 which allowed you to pull away and ended any chances of me catching up. Frustratingly, I kept making silly errors late braking one corner then braking too early next corner as i was off my rhythm I built up in the first 2 laps. This allowed Kiwi finally past me.

A hard night in the cockpit for me, hopefully can rectify my bad habits of braking at incorrect spots next week. Special note to @Spacedeck  jumping and getting involved. The fact you stayed, messed around with your controller to get it to work a different way and came close on your Qualifying in that second race was incredible! Really hope you're around for next time too. Its definitely more fun more and more FGers are taking the plunge to all race together.

Forum Signature Test.png

GT Sport - FG Races
Posted
3 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Great racing this week. Nice having 6 on the track and, although some are faster than others, no-one is getting left behind.

Loved the N300 race at the end too, we should try a new track for that each week if we have time, there are some smaller Willow Springs tracks that we could use, for example.

Couldn't agree more....although I can't think of a game where I get so annoyed with myself more than anything else in the world!

It was so tight on Qualifying for the first Sardegna race, I couldn't quite believe how close we are getting to each other if i'm honest. All 6 of us we're just over 3 seconds apart in the 10 minute Qualifying and a number of us were lapping even quicker than those times in practice. Great track selection this week.

Gt Sport Qualifying 20201013.jpg

What's great too, is that each week someone starts to perform better than others as we all try to get better each week. I think this week @Mikepjbell  made huge leaps and bounds imo as he challenged @JBR-Kiwi  and @Greboth at the start of the race. He managed to stick with Greebs for quite a while and hold off a consistent challenge from Kiwi, only for him to fall away on the last lap after hitting the barriers around the first hard bend. A role reversal in the second race meant Kiwi grabbed second although Mike yet again pushed him hard around the track.

I just didn't get to grips with the track properly at all, even though I could knock out a reasonably fast time, too many mistakes early doors allowed everyone else to get away. Pete struggled to keep the Huracan around the track first time round but was able to finish higher than @phil bottle in the first race as a few bad corners ended his race. However, Phil got a decent finish in the second race after being knocked out of top position by unfortunate collisions.

Greebs took an easier race win in the second race rather than the third, but Kiwi got his revenge in the last race of the night where his KTM was on fire around the small Kitscubi track, clocking 1 minute dead laps consistently to make a large lead ahead of Greebs that just couldn't keep the laps as consistent as Kiwi.

Another great night of racing, definitely learning a lot more about turning off Traction Control as well! GGFG

Race 1 Result

Gt Sport Result 1 20201013.JPG

Race 2 Result

Gt Sport Result 2 20201013.JPG

Gt Sport Qualifying 20201013.jpg

Forum Signature Test.png

GT Sport - FG Races
Posted
18 hours ago, JBR-Kiwi said:

Just wanted to say good races last night guys. Was good to see that was incredibly close in qualifying with positions 2-5 being covered by only a couple of tenths with myself @GazzaGarratt @phil bottle fighting over who got the runner up spot, and @Greboth just pissing all over us in the Lexus IS F. Was interesting to see just how popular the Peugeot RCZ was for Gr4 racing tho.

last nights racing really did highlight just how few cars I actually have as I was struggling in that 2nd race with only two cars I could choose from. 

This week's racing was another great week for sure! Nice to see Pete, @phil bottle's mate jump in too after his debut last week.

A cracking race to start with, I really do see how tyre wear and potential options to pit brings in different options that could happen. There's no getting away from how @Greboth would spank us every time if we were in just the same cars, no degradation or fuel consumption but with those switched on, it allows us to make certain different decisions.

GT Sport Race 1 20201006.jpg

First race was an epic one with @JBR-Kiwi  and Greebs pushing to a good 7-8 second lead over Phil, Pete and myself. I was able to get more traction with the RCZ than the other Gr.4 cars, having said that we just couldn't draw the gap close to the top 2 as they were driving incredibly hard. So as the 2 mini races developed, Greebs took the lead briefly and decided to go into the pits. He took the early pit lane but unfortunately the game thought he missed a corner so jumped him backwards a few seconds. Equally Kiwi's tyres weren't degraded as much so he carried on around to see how they would react.

Equally, Phil was only a second behind me when he pitted to try and undercut me in 3rd. That is, until I decided to stay out as well and see how far the hard tyres would last the 9 lap race.

Phil and Greebs were significantly quicker for the last 4 laps with the gap of c.30 seconds between the battle for 1st and 3rd was shortening each corner. Unfortunately, @Greboth probably needed one more lap whereas Phil steered himself down to 2 seconds behind me half way around the last lap, only for him to slide too much off one corner giving me enough space to retain 3rd by a few seconds. Super racing.

Gt Sport Result 20201006.JPG

As only Kiwi, Greebs and myself were left afterwards we tried a small track with N200 cars (I think?) and another tight race with no pits involved. I finished 0.9 seconds behind Greboth with Kiwi staying close until coming off the track with a few laps to spare. I really could've had top spot if I hadn't have slid off myself after the 3rd lap.

Great little racing we've got going. Really enjoying the qualifying too. GGFG peeps.

Forum Signature Test.png

GT Sport - FG Races
Posted

@Greboth @phil bottle do you know what the track and car type is yet?

Also, just a thought to add each week was still have a time trial time for Fastest Lap as people like Gary @techno  can't join whilst he's on lates but he fancied giving the track and timings a go. Might only have to be an easy thing we add to keep an eye on?

Forum Signature Test.png

GT Sport - FG Races
Posted
1 hour ago, Mikepjbell said:

Bit of advice if possible. How can I find out where I'm losing time? I'm usually pretty good at driving games and I'm really struggling with the realistic dynamics of GT. 

You can change the bottom right display to show sector times. I think you press right on the D-Pad. That's how I try and help myself understand where I need to work on the lap times.

Outside of that, i've been lucky that when i practiced, @Greboth or @phil bottle were on so i could ask how their sector times were working out. Outside of that, there might be a leaderboard with the best sector times in the world that could help? Also, do you fine tune your cars at all? That isn't my bag, other than having BoP on and making sure the tyres are on the relevant tyres (usually Racing Soft for any practice is the best i'm finding).

One last thought is also the fact you haven't got many cars to choose from at the start, whereas having multiple cars in each section will definitely help see what you can do with different styles of cars on the same track.

Forum Signature Test.png

GT Sport - FG Races
Posted

I thought last night's session and races were fantastic!

Brands Hatch was the first race with @phil bottle @Greboth @Mikepjbell  and myself - qualifying went better than the race for sure! The race started well with Mike and myself keeping Greebs at bay - or so we thought - as he was clearly waiting for us to make mistakes to power on through. Mike tried to make his tyres last longer than mine but we both found out the hard way we end up in the Gravel too much for our liking and with me pitting a few laps before him, his lap times just faded very quickly. I didn't manage the tyres and pits well at all so the usual response happened with Greebs 1st and Philly 2nd.

When @JBR-Kiwi  turned up though we decided to have another race but this time on Monza which was absolutely epic. What I really enjoyed was the 13 lap race and no restrictions on tyres so we all had to work out a strategy on what to do and also fill up petrol along the way. Kiwi was super quick at the start and Phil followed close behind him. I broke too late and hit make on Lap 2 which effectively meant me stopping to allow him past - losing around 10/12 seconds of time AND Greebs taking a place for free. With him on Medium tyres and the leaders on Super Soft there really was a big gap and we didn't know what would happen.

Then it all started to unfold.

Kiwi had a crash (2 in the end i believe), with Phil picking up huge time penalties for cuttting corners - 10 seconds in the end. Greebs picked Medium tyres again and was fighting Phil for the lead even though the penalty loomed over him. I decided to pit extremely late, started with Soft and went to Super Soft tyres with 3 laps to go which let me catch up Kiwi (his 2nd crash helped with that too). On the final straight Phil had to break at the finishing line to get rid of his penalty and I just could quite catch him. Shame as I was only a few seconds off him in the end, which was the result of a few badly taken corners. Mike had a struggle at the back after a few more crashes after regaining 4th early on. Still, a valiant effort after the first time being on the game for many months.

GGs all, super racing properly and trying to learn all of this. Looking forward to the next one already!!

@phil bottle @Greboth @Mikepjbell  @JBR-Kiwi

Forum Signature Test.png

GT Sport - FG Races
Posted

Okay, awesome @JBR-Kiwi  and @Mikepjbell . We'll aim for another week night next week me thinks, @phil bottle's idea of doing a weekly event and getting on whatever late night you can gets you working at the track and cars. Maybe for the actual race we could try Tuesday possibly? We'll put something up as an event so make sure you keep an eye out for it! @Greboth, standard mandatory acceptance is required 🤣

Forum Signature Test.png

GT Sport - FG Races
Posted

It was a great little race we had last night, didn't expect it either so nice one @phil bottle for sorting it and nudging me at the end of FIFA last night. Considering I play the least and never played that track before it felt pretty good to get round. Turns 1 and 2 essentially killed the laps for me, I think it didn't help being in the Mclaren, drifting everywhere. Still, when the race got going with a reverse grid I managed to keep the lead for most of that first lap and kept with you both for at least the first 3-4 laps too. The backend would just drift too much around the corners which was painful.

Greebs did what he does best in the end and punished us in the later laps. I took a picture of the race result over 11 laps as its a nice marker to start with for our very first proper FG race.

gt sport race week 1.jpg

Now we just need @JBR-Kiwi  and @Mikepjbell  on it too

Forum Signature Test.png

GT Sport - FG Races
Posted
On 9/3/2020 at 12:32 PM, JBR-Kiwi said:

Just trying to top the leaderboards above all my mates 😂

Thats exactly how I started out mate 🤣 Great stuff, I'm sure we can rope a few more in but even with a few of us, just helps to get used to tracks and cars with another couple of people. I'll see if we can grab an evening for a cheeky event! 👍

Forum Signature Test.png

GT Sport - FG Races
Posted

A spin off from what we've doing over recent months (or should I say @Greboth and @phil bottle a lot more than me!) is rather doing just time trials, selecting the weekly race, having a few practice/qualifying laps and then having a 11 lap race. Phil took me on a spin last night and it was seriously good fun, much different to our Friday night banter, smash everyone in sight, games. I think it also helps you understand more about the cars strengths/weaknesses as well as the track layout which is a massive factor if we are turning it into a race. There were minor penalties on too for cutting corners or going ignoring the speed limit which really did work when i thought initially it wouldn't.

I'm thinking we should make this into a little mini series. GT Sport is £12.99 on Amazon next day delivery now and anyone that loves racing games is a fool not to own the game already. @Greboth @G_dub52  @JBR-Kiwi  what do you reckon? 

Forum Signature Test.png

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy