WW2 - Core vs Hardcore

GazzaGarratt

I'd like to know more about how people feel C vs HC is on this game and what works well for them and not.

On the BO3, I wanted to play all game modes bar Search and Destroy on HC. Hit register just didn't seem right on core in that game.

However, in WW2 I much prefer core even if I'm getting hammered. Maybe its because I still need to learn the maps as it is comforting having the map radar.

What's everyone else feeling on this?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Pretty much HC all the for me. When I play core I die just as quick as in hc but I can't seem to kill as fast.

I throw in some War from time to time but usually get a crappy team and not having fun and switch back to HC.

On the 3Arch games I’ve typically preferred hardcore. They don’t have the best hit registery others have. In this one I like core better. However now that they have added HC KC I may change my mind on that. I don’t like HC TDM or Dom. 

Like @TigerBurge said on treyarch games I prefer HC  (didn't know it's been added to ww2) don't like tdm or dom especially tdm on HC because hey why move. I tried 1 game of HC Dom to get long shots and tbh ifound it way too campy and pointless without kill cam and radar. Haven't had any real reason to leave core on ww2, hit detection etc is hit and miss but sometimes it's in my favour so no problems. 

Treyarch also seem to make the best HC game.

23 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

Pretty much HC all the for me. When I play core I die just as quick as in hc but I can't seem to kill as fast.

Same as me, then. I've played HC pretty much all the time since BO2. I'd much rather play Core but it's just too annoying for me. There's just too many bullet sponges, insta-deaths and shoot-first-die-first in Core. If it seems like I'm dying with just one bullet then I may as well play a mode where I kill in one bullet.

fart.gif

Never been a fan of HC modes on any CoD. Game is too fast paced for it in my opinion and just doesn't sit well with the miniscule damage you can take in HC. As for on WW2 I'm sticking to Core. My playstyle fits better to core and I don't seem to struggle much with hitmarkers, except the odd game where I will get 5-6 hitmarkers and get turned on, but that's a connection issue for either me, the other guy or the "Dedicated" server being located in fucking Siberia.

I'm pretty much Core all the way. I will play hardcore but my go to is Core. I've never really understood how HC fixes the lag issues people complain about in Core. Out of choice I would only wander into HC to do gun challenges, and even then I would feel like I was cheating 😄. Just got the Karabien one hit kills done in Core, even though that is basically 100 headshots, would have been a breeze in HC. Not saying I won't do pistols and shotguns in HC but then I'll be pissed off by people running around with SMGs. 

My issue with HC is that it's half a game. The difference in weapons becomes smaller, so they are less individual. The perk list becomes smaller as some become useless. People get more campy. No mini map, I paid for a mini map so give me a mini map!

17 minutes ago, Baabcat said:

I'm pretty much Core all the way. I will play hardcore but my go to is Core. I've never really understood how HC fixes the lag issues people complain about in Core. Out of choice I would only wander into HC to do gun challenges, and even then I would feel like I was cheating 😄. Just got the Karabien one hit kills done in Core, even though that is basically 100 headshots, would have been a breeze in HC. Not saying I won't do pistols and shotguns in HC but then I'll be pissed off by people running around with SMGs. 

My issue with HC is that it's half a game. The difference in weapons becomes smaller, so they are less individual. The perk list becomes smaller as some become useless. People get more campy. No mini map, I paid for a mini map so give me a mini map!

What are the pistol challenges? Are they all doable while running the akimbo pistol perk? Cause that is really broken, it removes the firerate cap on the Colt and the P8 so they now fire as fast as you can spam the buttons. Range isn't half bad either actually if you use steady aim on them. I saw Driftor use them after someone on his stream said they were broken and he just kept laughing his ass off at how quickly they melt people, specially the Colt's.

2 minutes ago, ChaosGladiator said:

What are the pistol challenges? Are they all doable while running the akimbo pistol perk? Cause that is really broken, it removes the firerate cap on the Colt and the P8 so they now fire as fast as you can spam the buttons. Range isn't half bad either actually if you use steady aim on them. I saw Driftor use them after someone on his stream said they were broken and he just kept laughing his ass off at how quickly they melt people, specially the Colt's.

Just the headshot challenges to get the camos is what I meant

22 hours ago, Baabcat said:

I honestly have no idea why HC fixes the connection issues but it does. For the most part anyway. There are still the odd shitty games.

As for weapons: HC is actually better for weapons as every weapon is viable. In Core you have to stick to the best 2 or 3 guns or you'll get wrecked. At least in HC you can use whatever you want.

Not having a mini map is better for me as it means people watch it like a hawk when one goes up but I also run Ghost so get the jump on them :D

I wouldn't say the game is more campy in HC. That's a common misconception that I think is wrong. Campers will still camp regardless. It's also why I avoid TDM in both Core and HC as it's campy as fuck. I prefer Kill Confirmed. And one of the reasons I stopped playing this game is because HC KC isn't in it.

fart.gif

1 hour ago, MrBiron said:

I honestly have no idea why HC fixes the connection issues but it does. For the most part anyway. There are still the odd shitty games.

As for weapons: HC is actually better for weapons as every weapon is viable. In Core you have to stick to the best 2 or 3 guns or you'll get wrecked. At least in HC you can use whatever you want.

Not having a mini map is better for me as it means people watch it like a hawk when one goes up but I also run Ghost so get the jump on them :D

I wouldn't say the game is more campy in HC. That's a common misconception that I think is wrong. Campers will still camp regardless. It's also why I avoid TDM in both Core and HC as it's campy as fuck. I prefer Kill Confirmed. And one of the reasons I stopped playing this game is because HC KC isn't in it.

I have plenty of shit detection in HC. 

But I agree that people camp just as much in both types. 

And think I might try KC now as I always liked that mode. 

Clearly only one night of trying HC in a larger capacity and in a party, I can't make a full judgement

BUT

Hardcore was effing awful. Literally, so bad. I'm pretty average at best but we were going from scores like 21-15 to 6-24.

You can clearly see how easier it is to camp on HC too. My only balancer to this was the HC KC after a while was bearable once you got used to the map logistics and it brought the campers out of their comfort zone.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

It's odd how some cod's, actually treyarch cod's work in hardcore but others are bad. Last night highlighted that even though as lee says we finally started hitting better scores. Ww2 is sweaty enough without adding HC into the mix. But if connection is a major issue like with treyarch then it's definitely an option.

23 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Hardcore was effing awful. Literally, so bad. I'm pretty average at best but we were going from scores like 21-15 to 6-24.

I'm the total opposite. I struggle to go positive - or even get a kill sometimes - in Core but once I play HC I can do fine.

fart.gif

6 hours ago, MrBiron said:

I'm the total opposite. I struggle to go positive - or even get a kill sometimes - in Core but once I play HC I can do fine.

This is my experience as well.

Bullet sponges annoy me, so I play Hardcore

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."