Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

Great Super Sunday. Super games, couldn't get over what was going on most of the time! @ChaosGladiator  If you're betting on anything, I was already fancying Villa for Europe with all the signings they've bought. Watkins was always going to score goals, the guy has masses of ability. Whilst Man Utd and Liverpool were shocking at the back, we should take the time to commend how well Spurs and Villa played as the chances they created were stellar.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Great Super Sunday. Super games, couldn't get over what was going on most of the time! @ChaosGladiator  If you're betting on anything, I was already fancying Villa for Europe with all the signings they've bought. Watkins was always going to score goals, the guy has masses of ability. Whilst Man Utd and Liverpool were shocking at the back, we should take the time to commend how well Spurs and Villa played as the chances they created were stellar.

Villa were lucky, it was one of those games where it all went wrong for Liverpool.

Spurs however were just the superior team on this occasion and will win the league this year. 

🤗😅🙂😎

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

11 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Villa were lucky, it was one of those games where it all went wrong for Liverpool.

Spurs however were just the superior team on this occasion and will win the league this year. 

🤗😅🙂😎

Lucky?! Grealish span rings around their defence and Watkins made people stand up and finally realise how Gomez and Trent-Arnold aren't as good at defending as people may think. Van Dyk however looked like he couldn't be arsed which was very odd.

Mourinho will get you close, I really do believe that. He's back at a club with an owner that truly realises what his effect can do when you support him. No support at Man Utd? 2 trophies. I'm looking forward to Spurs lifting at least one of the domestic cups.

11 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Lucky?! Grealish span rings around their defence and Watkins made people stand up and finally realise how Gomez and Trent-Arnold aren't as good at defending as people may think. Van Dyk however looked like he couldn't be arsed which was very odd.

Mourinho will get you close, I really do believe that. He's back at a club with an owner that truly realises what his effect can do when you support him. No support at Man Utd? 2 trophies. I'm looking forward to Spurs lifting at least one of the domestic cups.

4 lucky deflections and a team having an off day. Villa are still relegation material and lucky the bottom three have decided to go straight down already 😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Klopp has to work out whether it was a freak result or if there is a wider issue with tactics. Their high line and lack of confidence in Adrian set the ball rolling and Liverpool allowed Villa into far too many dangerous positions even though 3 were deflected. The hosts could've probably scored another two from other chances due to calamitous defending and on another day Liverpool could've hit 5. They certainly missed Henderson, Mane and Alisson so maybe they don't have the depth people thought they had or perhaps Klopp has to modify his tactics to accommodate different players? 

52 minutes ago, ChaosGladiator said:

And norway is out of the running for the euro’s after last nights shitshow against serbia... Sadly my favourite player on fifa20 sent us out too 😅

Serbia look very good, shame Haaland doesn't get to show his stuff in the finals🙃

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 10/10/2020 at 6:21 PM, Laidback Lankyman said:

Ipswich Town are back atop league 1. That’s all that matters.

Happy for you mate, its been a few years since they could really mount a charge so its good to see them start this year off to a flyer.

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

England beat Belgium whilst playing 3 right backs! 

Southgate on some serious nutty shit but it worked. Next game he probably wont play a goalkeeper but then again with Pickford behind the sticks, it might not be a bad idea

Not gonna lie, it was a painful first half, mainly for me because of playing Henderson and Rice in the centre and therefore we played far too defensively. However, Southgate showed he does really have some words in the locker as we nullified Lukaku out of the game and De Bruyne was extremely quiet, apart from one pass.

Typically, I felt Mount really offered nothing...and then he goes and gets the winner, even if it was massively deflected. 😬 Its the first time Southgate as a manager started to niggle me. for some reason. Only slightly though. I mean, we won for Christ's sake. I can't believe i'm being this negative! 🤣 But I think it was more because it felt a little depressing because the amount of potential we have to look like a fast attacking side against the world number 1 and really batter them.

What do I know though. We only went and beat them and played extremely well second half! 🤣🤣

This new proposal for an 18 team PL being led by LFC and MUFC is an interesting one. I hope it doesn't get any support but at the same time the PL needs to get its head out of its arse,  as the EFL is in dire nerd of assistance. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

17 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

This new proposal for an 18 team PL being led by LFC and MUFC is an interesting one. I hope it doesn't get any support but at the same time the PL needs to get its head out of its arse,  as the EFL is in dire nerd of assistance. 

I don't agree with it entirely but I do think the game needs a shake-up. My proposals would be:-

- Scrap the League Cup for Prem Teams and rebrand it the Football League Cup with Championship, League 1 and League 2 competing.

- Scrap the EFL Trophy entirely as it's a fixture burden.

- Dramatically reduce parachute payments

- Instead of paying players £150,000+ a week and then spending £40m on agents fees plus £20m in bonuses; how about giving money back to the EFL. Arsenal made 50 staff redundant and then spent £50m on a player the next day where even greedy wanker Mesut Ozil thought it was unacceptable. 

The Football League are absolute cunts though and I wouldn't trust them to support clubs properly. Fair play to United and LIverpool being vocal about this though but the Prem will probably want to pocket as much money as possible floating around the game. I still can't believe wages haven't been capped - they are in the Leagues 1 and 2 though which says it all. 

10 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I wonder at some of Gareth's tactics and player choice. 

I just hope to god he knows his preferred 11 and this experimental phase is just that. Most of the stuff he's doing would never suffice in a competitive game and if it did, it would not work at all so I'm not sure why he's doing it really. Last thing we want to do is go back 10 years by trying any old crap and giving call-ups to players just because they are English and not on some sort of merit. If anything I think he's taken it a bit too far and has probably wasted some ideal game time. 

12 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Spurs well and truly blew it - that's even more points dropped at home. They will never compete for the title with results like that. Shocking game management. 

I was annoyed yesterday but really can't be arsed wasting my energy 😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 10/14/2020 at 10:31 PM, phil bottle said:

I wonder at some of Gareth's tactics and player choice. 

First time I doubted him a little after those games. He doesn't like Grealish and his response as to why he didn't use him absolutely linked into that type of player. He is all about keep a clean sheet and we're half way there whereas i'm more thinking we all were loving England where we always could concede but we would always look dangerous on attack. We need that intensity back. I want Maddison fit with Grealish in the middle with him. Mount for me is out of his depth but again, another player Southgate really likes which is weird.

On 10/19/2020 at 9:20 AM, phil bottle said:

I was annoyed yesterday but really can't be arsed wasting my energy 😁

I don't think its Mourinho. You look a masterclass going forward, I just think your defenders seem to lack confidence in the final 20 minutes. You need a big defender at the back, unfortunately I love Dier but he isn't a centre back, much more of a CDM for me.

12 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

First time I doubted him a little after those games. He doesn't like Grealish and his response as to why he didn't use him absolutely linked into that type of player. He is all about keep a clean sheet and we're half way there whereas i'm more thinking we all were loving England where we always could concede but we would always look dangerous on attack. We need that intensity back. I want Maddison fit with Grealish in the middle with him. Mount for me is out of his depth but again, another player Southgate really likes which is weird.

I don't think its Mourinho. You look a masterclass going forward, I just think your defenders seem to lack confidence in the final 20 minutes. You need a big defender at the back, unfortunately I love Dier but he isn't a centre back, much more of a CDM for me.

It's just Wet Spam on this occasion. Those games are always weird. That draw was like winning the title for them, bless em.

Hopefully this new Welsh kid is the real deal, I hear he's a real unit.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Dare I say it but Gerrard seems to be doing a pretty good job up there. Future Liverpool manager if he keeps it up. Rangers are in danger of stopping Celtic winning 10 in a row.

I watched the Spurs game to see how the new signings would fare. Pedestrian opposition but good to see Vinicious get a couple of nice assists. Davies at centre back was interesting, he played very well with Reguilon bombing up and down the wing. Bale had some nice touches and created one of the goals. Dele coming on in the 2nd half was also good to see and he put in a good shift and could have had a goal. Hojberg impresses me a lot, a quietly excellent buy.

I was looking at the bench and I have to say we look very strong right now.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg