Nfl 2022

Antpool84

So with the draft coming up this week it's time to start looking forward to the new NFL season. There have been quite a few trades gone on already so far this preseason, especially with some nig QB moves. Seeing Matt Ryan leave the Falcons for the Colts was not something I was expecting, but hopefully this means they are starting to rebuild the team. I was surprised to see Tyreek Hill leave for Miami too given the success he was having with Mahomes in Kansas City. In case anyone missed them, the main trades so far have been:

Devante Parker - Dolphins to Patriots

Tyreek Hill - Chiefs to Miami

Matt Ryan - Falcons to Colts

Deshaun Watson - Texans to Browns

Devante Adams - Packers to Raiders

Khalil Mack - Browns to Chargers

Amari Cooper - Cowboys to Browns

Carson Wentz - Colts to Washington

Russell Wilson - Seahawks to Broncos

It will be very interesting to see how these trades affect each team, and the AFC West is looking like the strongest QB wise now with Mahomes, Carr, Herbert and Wilson all in the same division. 

A repeat of last year, Jacksonville have the first pick of the draft, so it will be interesting to see whether they go offensive again this year to add to Lawrence, who I think could have a pretty decent second season after picking up a bit at the end of last season. Atlanta have the 8th pick and i'm hoping that they do something to add to the offense as Pitts and Patterson both have the potential to have great seasons, and I really hope Mariota can prive to be worthy of stepping into Matt Ryans shoes and be a reliable QB.

Here are a couple of links to info about the draft and the prospects going into it, I'm really looking forward to another great NFL season 🙂

ShareImage2.png
NFLDRAFT.THERINGER.COM

Should Kayvon Thibodeaux or Aidan Hutchinson—or someone else—be the no. 1 overall pick...

bigboardfeature.jpg?w=956&h=538

So the 1st round of the draft is complete and there are some great picks. Personally i'm happy with the Falcons drafting a new WR in Drake London since hes a big guy and could do well on offense with Kyle Pitts. I was surprised that the Jags drafted a defensive player, i thought they would have looked to strengthen their O-Line to give Lawrence more protection. The Jets had a good first round, grtting 3 pretty solid picks. Aiden Hutchinson, who many favoured to be the #1 pick, ended up at the Lions where he could potentially make a decent impact.

What are others thoughts on the draft so far?

Now that the NFL preseason has started, there has been announcement that ITV have bought the coverage rights for the next 3 years. Thankfully they are taking Osi and Jason Bell as I always enjoy their takes on the weeks games and how the season is going.

The Falcons beat the Lions in their first preseason game, which was nice to see but I dont think we will have a great season, hopefully I will be proven wrong though, stranger things have happened lol.

Is everyone else looking forward to the start of another great NFL season 😁😁

1 hour ago, Antpool84 said:

there has been announcement that ITV have bought the coverage rights for the next 3 years.

Good to know! Do we know what their TV schedule looks like yet?

Just now, GazzaGarratt said:

Good to know! Do we know what their TV schedule looks like yet?

Looks like they are doing a weekly show like bbc did, and they will have the london games and the superbowl

https://www.nfl.com/news/itv-and-nfl-announce-three-year-partnership

The season finally begins tonight!!!! 

So the Rams-Bills game tonight kicks off the new season and it should be a cracker of a game. I'm really looking forward to this season. I think the Bills will have another good season, and could go to the Superbowl. It will be interesting to see how the Bengals do after such a great season last year. There have been a lot of changes in the rosters over the summer so will be good to see how new players fit in and if they can make the impact the team hopes they do...Russell Wilson and the Broncos comes to mind. After Matt Ryan went to the Colts i'm hoping that Mariota can have a decent first season with the Falcons and that we can have a better season this year. It will be cool to hear what you all are looking forward to this season and what your predictions are for your team and the league as a whole. Who is going to surpise everyone like the Bengals last year, and who will not meet the expectations for the season 🙂

It's always interesting at the start of the season to see who the surprise of the season might be. I went looking for the bills/ rams highlights and it looked like it could have gone eitherway but the bills capitalized more on turnovers. But it was only 5 mins so who knows.

Looking forward to the NFL show I'm guessing the queen unfortunately dying put paid to it starting this week.

On 9/10/2022 at 10:57 AM, techno said:

Looking forward to the NFL show I'm guessing the queen unfortunately dying put paid to it starting this week.

It still started on Friday night, its in ITV hub catch up 🙂 I tweeted about it starting and Jason Bell liked my tweet 😃

So week 1 is out of the way, and the Falcons did what the Facons do and blew a lead in the 4th quarter AGAIN 🤦‍♂️🙄  Green Bay getting beat by the Vikings was surprising. Looks like this could be an eventful season. How did everyones teams get on?

Where in the hell did the Dolphins come back from?? It certainly made us laugh when @Findmartin  told us about his bet on the Ravens 🤣🤣

12 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Where in the hell did the Dolphins come back from?? It certainly made us laugh when @Findmartin  told us about his bet on the Ravens 🤣🤣

😂😂 yeah, NFL bets are so unpredictable lol. I don't know what the hell has got into the dolphins this season, first the Pats and now the Ravens!! The Bills absolutely smashed the Cardinals last night, they have to be one of the top contenders to win it all this season

1 hour ago, Antpool84 said:

😂😂 yeah, NFL bets are so unpredictable lol. I don't know what the hell has got into the dolphins this season, first the Pats and now the Ravens!! The Bills absolutely smashed the Cardinals last night, they have to be one of the top contenders to win it all this season

There's a dolphin fan at work and he's been bashing on about how good they will be this year. However even he won't have expected that.

1 minute ago, techno said:

There's a dolphin fan at work and he's been bashing on about how good they will be this year. However even he won't have expected that.

Yeah, it was an insane result! I couldnt believe how close my Falcons were to pulling off a comeback win over the Rams

Your falcons are making some good progress with the rebuild, the fact you could go top of your division tomorrow is a bit crazy. Think your division is tied with the afc south for the worst in the league.
For me I’m just hoping the bills destroy packers

47 minutes ago, Laidback Lankyman said:

Your falcons are making some good progress with the rebuild, the fact you could go top of your division tomorrow is a bit crazy. Think your division is tied with the afc south for the worst in the league.
For me I’m just hoping the bills destroy packers

😂😂 i know right!!! Cant believe the Bucs are 3-5!!! Hoping we beat Carolina tomorrow and get some momentum. I agree with you that our division is definitely one of the weakest this season. I would love to see the Bills smash the Packers!! Any time the Packers lose is good lol. Cant believe the Eagles are 6-0!!!

What do you think of Mariota as your qb? Think it’s for a few years or until you draft or trade for someone? i think you should beat Carolina but it’s been one of those seasons where we’re getting random results coming through every so often, and given they  just got rid of mccaffree they should have no way of winning. The fact that 3/4 of the nfc east is in the top 10 best records in the league so far is mind blowing. Only the commies holding true form.