The Day Before [SCAM]

J4MES OX4D

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I'd say it blows my mind how many morons actually bought it but then again 🤔😅

Barebones game, 3 zombies max, bullet sponge zombies at that. Not an MMO at all. Fucked up servers. Lies upon lies.

If they'd released it as an early access game without all the lying marketing for £14.99 I'd be ok with that but now I'll never touch this disgrace of a product 🤣

I suppose with the steam refund option people are buying it just to see how crap it is and then getting a refund before the 2 hours are up?

Luseth.png

Looks like the entire game was also build out of the Unreal Asset store

WWW.UNREALENGINE.COM

The project includes a lot of high quality assets with everything that you need to create an American City. The city/architecture is based on New York City - NYC - Manhattan - Brooklyn. The buildings are...

That's just one of the packs used but there's plenty more from foliage, interiors, vehicles and other small details. It's the sort of game you could clamber together for about £1500. 

I'm back to this is a social experiment to see how many people are dumb enough to play it enough so they can't get a refund and see how much money they make. The videos are quite truly incredible.

Dare I say, does this make Gollum NOT the worst game this year???? 💩

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

13 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I'm back to this is a social experiment to see how many people are dumb enough to play it enough so they can't get a refund and see how much money they make. The videos are quite truly incredible.

Dare I say, does this make Gollum NOT the worst game this year???? 💩

Nope.  It's in early access, so technically, Gollum is the king shit sandwich of 2023.  😂🤪

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

I'm seeing a lot of ''this game has soooo much potential'' lines from defenders yet there's less features and content than what was advertised in the pre-alpha 3 years ago. It's utterly extraordinary how deluded people are with things like this. It's not even like it's a game from a reputable developer - all their previous work has either been scams or abandoned. People just living off the nonsensical hype of the original fake trailer and other elements that were all plagiarised off legitimate games.  

Publishers laughing all the way to the bank. 

On 12/9/2023 at 6:02 PM, Riff Machine said:

Nope.  It's in early access, so technically, Gollum is the king shit sandwich of 2023.  😂🤪

🤣🤣So it also loses that on a technicality, how ironic 🤣🤣

On 12/10/2023 at 2:14 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

I'm seeing a lot of ''this game has soooo much potential'' lines from defenders...

I'm so not seeing that. Just seeing utterly hilarious videos of what is happening in it. Could become best meme source of 2023, even after not being out more than a month in 2023 🤣

LMAO!

GBFZJapaoAAimup?format=png&name=large

WWW.IGN.COM

Mere days after The Day Before launched in early access, studio Fntastic has announced that it's closing: "The Day Before has failed financially, and we lack the funds to continue."

The game has been taken down from sale now and the 'developers' have begun scrubbing from existence. 201,000 copies sold and almost 92,000 refunds issued prior to Fntastic's closure. Very bizarre situation - whilst I did expect them to pull the plug early, I didn't foresee if occurring before Valve released the money to them. This opens the doors for store-wide no questions asked refunds back to anyone who bought the game irrespective of the existing refund policy and the developers likely wont even see a penny of the almost $3m holding. 

For them to quit before the first pay packet suggests either Valve were holding them to guarantees for a conditional release of the funds or they didn't want to embroil themselves in legality down the line. The evidence against them is beyond overwhelming and damning.  

IGN have also just released their review for the final kick in the teeth- first time I've seen them award a 1/10🤣

WWW.IGN.COM

Easily one of the worst games of 2023.

XMaMe6BaHC6pzfxgCphjCD.png

mszfAMAEFZLK8gMmfpAS4g-970-80.png

XR34Q63HoMvUjo6XWtFxe3-970-80.png

• J4MES OX4D changed the title to The Day Before [SCAM]

Yeah @J4MES OX4D, Myelin put up this update to show everyone since they nuked all their servers. I expect everything to go into hiding and numerous name changes again if they want to get back into game development.

On 12/8/2023 at 11:59 AM, Luseth said:

I suppose with the steam refund option people are buying it just to see how crap it is and then getting a refund before the 2 hours are up?

Did you manage to get your refund then? 🙈😅

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I do love how we called this a scam a year ago and saw what was coming. I'm surprised a big publisher hasn't seen the excitement generated for a game like this and done their own version.

Capitalism L in so many ways 🤪

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

27 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Did you manage to get your refund then? 🙈😅

Fortunately I didn't buy it 😛

I was hopeful, partially because I do like to have a more positive view on things ^_^ I mean though this was a scam you could argue a lot of games are these days with the way some of them launch and the way publishers promote them.

Luseth.png

1 hour ago, Luseth said:

Fortunately I didn't buy it 😛

I was hopeful, partially because I do like to have a more positive view on things ^_^ I mean though this was a scam you could argue a lot of games are these days with the way some of them launch and the way publishers promote them.

I'm a glass half full kind of person but an asset flip game is an asset flip game...

To be fair their asset flipping started with their advertising, which is what got everyone excited in the first place 😆 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Even former employees are taking shots

WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

The strange situation that is The Day Before keeps getting stranger.

The whole thing sounded like a shit show, i even read that they were using volunteers to help make the game, so they didn't have to pay as many people. They then back tracked and said they could become full time employees. Read this shit below, it's mind blowing. Not sure if it's already been posted but we all know everyone works best when they're not being paid. 😂

GAMEWORLDOBSERVER.COM

Fntastic has responded to criticism and allegations of using free labor as part of its volunteer program. The Day Before developer shared more details about its policy of attracting unpaid volunteers, saying that...

Some gamers never cease to amaze me in their stupidity

WWW.IGN.COM

Steam keys for The Day Before, the once highly anticipated game that launched in such a poor state its developer shut down four days later, are being sold online for hundreds of dollars following its delisting.

GB8Dv_5awAAoW-O?format=jpg&name=small

Imagine spending $400 on a key of a game that is going to be wiped from existence in a month.