Locking Weapons Behind Gamemodes

IRaMPaGe

The galantry mac-10 was available as a level 95 unlock for the season 1 black ops battle pass. I have it because I played the battle pass and unlocked it playing zombies. 

The battle pass is 1000 COD points. You can unlock 1300 COD points by unlock the 100 tiers. So pay to win hardly. Every person who had a battle pass could get that gun pretty easily as long and they are willing to play. Unlocking Ghost on MW2 requires you to reach level 53 or something like that playing game. You can do that playing MP, COOP, DMZ or warzone.  Unlocking some of the SMG requires you to unlock the AKs first

I haven't paid for a battle pass since COD MW so I can bullshit on the pay to win argument.  I've play off the battle pass that I paid for in 2019.  So $10 for 3 years of skins/blue prints/operators and other junk hardly seems like a money grab and an evil company to me.

It's part of the game. That's why people always loved Christmas noobs. They would go in fully maxed out 4th prestige on some poor kid playing for the first time with his/her level 1 shit. 

16 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Can't grind for something that is only available to purchase. Not everything in the store can be earned by playing - that's the point. Come back in a couple of months and we'll see where we are then - it's been this way since 2017 and it wont change now. 

Should also be more concerned about chronus users than aimbots especially as that can now be masked by the strengthening aim assist - PC has Ricochet whereas console has no detection protection. Activision even allow cheaters to their events especially if they have tits so that's the standard they set for their community and most of their steamer content creators use reverse-boosting techniques, VPN's and radar hacks so it's all about the money and publicity than fostering a fair experience for all. 

Chronus doesn't see through walls or auto-aim or auto-head shot. It does give some advantages but a crap player will remain a crap player.  If I can see everyone on the map and where they are however that's a tremendous advange as demonstrated by your constant bitching about UAVs which aren't even a cheat

1 hour ago, cyberninja2601 said:

The galantry mac-10 was available as a level 95 unlock for the season 1 black ops battle pass. I have it because I played the battle pass and unlocked it playing zombies. 

The battle pass is 1000 COD points. You can unlock 1300 COD points by unlock the 100 tiers. So pay to win hardly. Every person who had a battle pass could get that gun pretty easily as long and they are willing to play. Unlocking Ghost on MW2 requires you to reach level 53 or something like that playing game. You can do that playing MP, COOP, DMZ or warzone.  Unlocking some of the SMG requires you to unlock the AKs first

I haven't paid for a battle pass since COD MW so I can bullshit on the pay to win argument.  I've play off the battle pass that I paid for in 2019.  So $10 for 3 years of skins/blue prints/operators and other junk hardly seems like a money grab and an evil company to me.

It's part of the game. That's why people always loved Christmas noobs. They would go in fully maxed out 4th prestige on some poor kid playing for the first time with his/her level 1 shit. 

It's not part of the game anymore not with this strict bullshit sbmm system but that's a whole different conversation and another pointless one people won't agree on. 😉

The blueprints having an advantage were all Warzone based as far as I know. 

Some others ones had slightly better iron sights for certain guns, for a horrible LMG or AR. 

Not exactly gamebreaking, but they had this formula the past few years J4MES was on about. 

New gun released OP, then some people being impatient or not willing to grind 3x slide kills in 15 different matches. They will buy the blueprints, then 5-6 weeks later the gun is castrated and nerfed to the ground making it a disadvantage to use. Rinse and repeat....... 

Also for people that didn't own Cold War, Vanguard etc and their new guns were released that were OP, it kinda forces the Warzone only players to buy the blueprints or end up buying the full game to get access to the guns. 

Also a standard gun that got hugely buffed for example in Vanguard, you ain't getting it without the game. 

I'm not THAT upset, but the manipulation behind the scenes is disappointing and very transparent. 

It's money over quality, SBBM over connection. 

Content is slowly drip fed and held back for future seasons, things like more maps we could of had at launch. 

It's all about the money, eventho it's a business and they are hitting bigger sales/targets than ever before. 

It seems it's never enough. 

5 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

Or how little people fucking care about a video game. Plus you’re smartass undertone will not get very fucking far with me. You may pull this condescending shit with some people on here and they overlook it but I’ll go toe to toe. You need to step back from being a keyboard warrior for a bit. If you want to have discussions that’s fine. Stop trying to get the all mighty and thinking you know every damn thing about all. Fuck off James seriously.

How is it being a 'smartass' simply stating known facts which are not only widely available in the public domain and have been since 2017 but they are also covered in legal documentation and mined data? All of this has also been talked about by the biggest content creators including ones tied to the franchise including Xclusive Ace and Dysmo. That's partly why I was in such utter disbelief when it was being dismissed. 

Just because someone states something you don't like doesn't make them condescending, a smartass or that they are talking bullshit. In this case I should pull you up for exceptional ignorance or blatant lying to discredit what I have said. Thankfully IRaMPaGe has kindly bothered to provided one piece of evidence as part of the wider problem for gamers who care about a fair experience.

I really enjoy COD and MWII but I also don't like the underlying bullshit methods which Activision use to drive profits. This includes, EOMM, SBHD, lag compensation, monetised-led matchmaking and full price product content paywalls. This did not exist 10 years ago within the franchise yet for many players, artificial factors severely impact their experience and enjoyment since they were introduced.  

Fucking marvelous though: state fact, branded a liar, get told to fuck off and then get proved right but don't get an apology🤣

2 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

Chronus doesn't see through walls or auto-aim or auto-head shot. It does give some advantages but a crap player will remain a crap player.  If I can see everyone on the map and where they are however that's a tremendous advange as demonstrated by your constant bitching about UAVs which aren't even a cheat

Please state where I have 'constantly bitched' about UAV's?🤣 I think I've mentioned this 3 times in 5 years and one was stating how powerful they were with birdseye, another was how it red dots shouldn't appear upon fire as it makes the game too easy for experienced players and the last was how regular they were used as a low-end streak. That's about it really😎

Chronus is a hard aim-lock and cheating is cheating no matter how it's dressed up. 

2 minutes ago, Diddums said:

Am I seriously watching a bunch of middle aged blokes argue over a videogame?

Grow the fuck up you bunch of massive manbabies.

Say the guy who had to start a website because he got banned for the last one😉😉

And  I would really loved to live to 120, middle age  LOL.   I am a grumpy old man.  

2 hours ago, Diddums said:

Am I seriously watching a bunch of middle aged blokes argue over a videogame?

Grow the fuck up you bunch of massive manbabies.

Go fuck yourself. I’ll argue with or piss off whoever I want. You want next 😘

Defeated the chemist today with a quad. Buddy picks up the gun, runs into a car takes off and leave us behind. 

We got killed shortly after so we watched him try to get to the extraction zone. He calls in the Chopper

3 guys are waiting for him, shoot him  and take the gun. So me and the other guy are saying tea bag him, tea bag him!

He's then cursing and swaring on how he got screwed. 

I love it. Karma for the win 🙂

I’m late to the party here but here’s my 2pence worth. They’ve been doing this in Destiny and other games for years. In D2 to obtain specific awesome guns you’re forced to play a game mode like “trials of Osiris”. For some it’s impossible for them to go flawless. Same with certain adept weapons, You have to do Grandmasters. 
I believe it’s to encourage player to play the whole game and not just 1 thing within the game. I’m a nightmare for this, I’ll happily farm GMs and raids but I have no enthusiasm to play pvp. 
The pay to win aspect I’m not sure about on COD as I’ve only downloaded Warzone. 
I love the fact you have to extract a weapon in DMZ to unlock it in Warzone. Let’s face it Warzone is complete rng anyways to what you find in the world. Does the weapon extraction in DMZ mean you can use a buy station in Warzone to use it as I can’t imagine finding a random M13B in the open world?? 
Also i have managed to extract one so if it helps I can share the blueprint for people who haven’t managed to do the Chemist area. 

1 hour ago, Teenwolf25 said:

I’m late to the party here but here’s my 2pence worth. They’ve been doing this in Destiny and other games for years. In D2 to obtain specific awesome guns you’re forced to play a game mode like “trials of Osiris”. For some it’s impossible for them to go flawless. Same with certain adept weapons, You have to do Grandmasters. 
I believe it’s to encourage player to play the whole game and not just 1 thing within the game. I’m a nightmare for this, I’ll happily farm GMs and raids but I have no enthusiasm to play pvp. 
The pay to win aspect I’m not sure about on COD as I’ve only downloaded Warzone. 
I love the fact you have to extract a weapon in DMZ to unlock it in Warzone. Let’s face it Warzone is complete rng anyways to what you find in the world. Does the weapon extraction in DMZ mean you can use a buy station in Warzone to use it as I can’t imagine finding a random M13B in the open world?? 
Also i have managed to extract one so if it helps I can share the blueprint for people who haven’t managed to do the Chemist area. 

How did you manage to get it? Kill the chemist or got it from kill a player with it? 

6 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

How did you manage to get it? Kill the chemist or got it from kill a player with it? 

Load in with no weapons so you have nothing to lose. You want to keep loading in till you are right next to the area. Grab a car and drive straight in, run a person over and grab their weapons, armour and mask. You’ll get a notification that says the chemist is near. Listen for a massive smoke cloud, it’s pretty big, that’s where he is, in the middle, use the car as your weapon, do drive-bys until you run him over. Run over a few more AI too to give you enough time to get out the car to grab the weapon then get out as quick as you can. You have to be quick because other teams will already be pushing you and if they see you’ve killed him they be hunted your blood. Speed is key. Get in, get out. I’ve been trying to do it solo but the chemist was in a car so when I tried ramming him it did nothing and the AI destroyed my car. I tried fighting with no mask or armour so died quick. The chemist finished me off with an incendiary grenade 😂 

1 minute ago, Teenwolf25 said:

Load in with no weapons so you have nothing to lose. You want to keep loading in till you are right next to the area. Grab a car and drive straight in, run a person over and grab their weapons, armour and mask. You’ll get a notification that says the chemist is near. Listen for a massive smoke cloud, it’s pretty big, that’s where he is, in the middle, use the car as your weapon, do drive-bys until you run him over. Run over a few more AI too to give you enough time to get out the car to grab the weapon then get out as quick as you can. You have to be quick because other teams will already be pushing you and if they see you’ve killed him they be hunted your blood. Speed is key. Get in, get out. I’ve been trying to do it solo but the chemist was in a car so when I tried ramming him it did nothing and the AI destroyed my car. I tried fighting with no mask or armour so died quick. The chemist finished me off with an incendiary grenade 😂 

It sounds easy but it can be pretty hard still. Either go solo fill or go in with people you know. Randoms is pointless unless they know what’s happening 

8 hours ago, Teenwolf25 said:

It sounds easy but it can be pretty hard still. Either go solo fill or go in with people you know. Randoms is pointless unless they know what’s happening 

You answered the question. You defeated the chemist. Since people know when you have the case and now camp the extraction zone, that's been a strategy that we have been victim to. 

I almost managed it with my SPR-208. Even got a collateral in the process, but I missed a 4th rogue guy that was camping as well. Can't complain, I was as much of a douche as he was.  Should have been more patient. 

Wanted to kill the team. Grad the gun. Jump into their extraction and see if that works