Locking Weapons Behind Gamemodes

IRaMPaGe

I'm officially disgusted, a new low for Activision. 

So as you will read in this article. 

A new Assault Rifle, one with low recoil and high fire rate. Sounds OP already. 

I've taken a few screenies to pinpoint my main points of disappointment. 

Fuck you Activision!!! 

MW2-M13B.jpeg
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Fans have already started combing through all the new content coming to Call of Duty...

Screenshot_20221116_182101_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221116_182217_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221116_182200_com.android.chrome.jpg

3 minutes ago, cyberninja2601 said:

So how is this any different than trying to get the Gjallarhorn on destiny?  Or a bunch of other things that were only available if you did raids?

It's different because I've never played Destiny...... 

Also I shouldn't be forced to play a new gamemode if I don't want to. 

For years we unlock guns for free in Warzone, Multiplayer and whatever gamemode you prefer. The choice was yours, not anymore! 

Or BUY the bundle from the shop. 

Play our new gamemode or Buy. 

Not play what you like and earn it the way you like. 

It's manipulation and a dictatorship. 

We paid for the game, we should enjoy all aspects of the weaponry added for DLC without doing their hoop jumping or buying it. 

It's just wrong man....... 

It's your standard pay to win model. I don't last on COD games in recent years but come season 3+, some people are literally kitted out with one hit kill AR's. If they ain't baiting people with the battlepass, it's to drive people to modes to bolster wider engagement even if they aren't overly interested in playing them. 

Activision have their playbook at hand and they also have concept patents and algorithms in play to maximise income, retention and player numbers. They know exactly what they are doing and which buttons to press. Pre-season was pure bait really. 

1 hour ago, IRaMPaGe said:

It's different because I've never played Destiny...... 

Also I shouldn't be forced to play a new gamemode if I don't want to. 

For years we unlock guns for free in Warzone, Multiplayer and whatever gamemode you prefer. The choice was yours, not anymore! 

Or BUY the bundle from the shop. 

Play our new gamemode or Buy. 

Not play what you like and earn it the way you like. 

It's manipulation and a dictatorship. 

We paid for the game, we should enjoy all aspects of the weaponry added for DLC without doing their hoop jumping or buying it. 

It's just wrong man....... 

I guess I'll wait and see if it's an issue or not. We have plenty of really good guns. The AK-74, M4, AK-762 are nothing to complain about.

Some of the previous challenges were also a pain in the ass. X slide kills to get a certain gun or play co-op to get an operator, blah, blah, blah  shit I didn't want to do but did to get the reward.  You really don't need them if you don't want to complete the challenge. You did pay for the game but I see nothing wrong with having to do something to earn something in game. That's a fundamental gaming expectation. You gotta earn stuff.  Unlike other game you don't have to do loot boxes and other random shit. You know exactly what you have to do if you want it and it doesn't cost you an extra dime.

4 minutes ago, cyberninja2601 said:

I guess I'll wait and see if it's an issue or not. We have plenty of really good guns. The AK-74, M4, AK-762 are nothing to complain about.

Some of the previous challenges were also a pain in the ass. X slide kills to get a certain gun or play co-op to get an operator, blah, blah, blah  shit I didn't want to do but did to get the reward.  You really don't need them if you don't want to complete the challenge. You did pay for the game but I see nothing wrong with having to do something to earn something in game. That's a fundamental gaming expectation. You gotta earn stuff.  Unlike other game you don't have to do loot boxes and other random shit. You know exactly what you have to do if you want it and it doesn't cost you an extra dime.

I think one thing he's getting at is the pay to win aspect, true you don't need this shit and personally they can shove it but you know this thing will likely be OP till the next season when it will be nerfed in favour of the next OP gun. 

I also saw on twitter most saying they will just by the bundle and that is as sad a thing to admit as it sounds.

@IRaMPaGe  lucky for us it’s a bullet hose and isn’t very good. I agree it does suck that we pay for a game and to have it locked behind something that’s locked behind a free to play aspect of the game. 

14 hours ago, techno said:

I think one thing he's getting at is the pay to win aspect, true you don't need this shit and personally they can shove it but you know this thing will likely be OP till the next season when it will be nerfed in favour of the next OP gun. 

I also saw on twitter most saying they will just by the bundle and that is as sad a thing to admit as it sounds.

This is another thing - they release bundles with OP P2W weapons and then they strategically nerf it so much once content sales and complaints have peaked, it entices people to move onto the next bundle. The cycle is basically:- buy gun bundle > gun shreds > people complain, gun gets nerfed after two months > angry people now happy > gun owners sad > Activi$ion releases new gun bundle > repeat to fade. 

So ultimately, people's gun bundle purchases become worthless after 10 weeks so they have to re-pop their dosh to get the next lavish weapon.

Everyone who invested heavily in Warzone Verdansk and Caldera literally lost everything they purchased. 

Turns out that all of the complaining was way overblown

If you have a friend who unlocked the gun (and they have it saved in the insured slot) all you need to to enter DMZ. Have them drop the gun. PIck up the gun. Extract. Done

Doesn't feel  like so pay to win to me

5 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

Turns out that all of the complaining was way overblown

If you have a friend who unlocked the gun (and they have it saved in the insured slot) all you need to to enter DMZ. Have them drop the gun. PIck up the gun. Extract. Done

Doesn't feel  like so pay to win to me

We're talking about conceptually especially in the long run. Either forcing people into other modes or buying battle-passes to get superior weapons. The DMZ weapon was bait to get people playing as a proof of concept by numbers but eventually they will release bundles or mode-specific content that gravely impact the core base MP. Activision literally have a concept patent for this too. Sure more and more people will get the current DMZ gun either legitimately or off a friend but down the line it will get nerfed and then they will move to other weapons - either paid or mode related which many people don't wish to play but will be on the brunt receiving end of it. The current weapon will be gone and forgotten about, nerfed and replaced with newer complaints. 

Sledgehammer said they wanted to keep Vanguard realistic so they would remove most red dots sight reticles and then 3 months later they were releasing laser beam projecticle shotguns at £27.99 which could kill halfway across the map. Let's not even talk about the one hit kill pistols or trickle shot SMGs that were OHK at £20. People either have short memories or don't play the COD games long enough to see the huge shift when monetisation factors really kicks in.  The only way these games stop becoming shreadfests is when the developers finally nerf the problematic weapons strategically at the 11th hour to make way for the new bundle(s) regular as clockwork. 

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

We're talking about conceptually especially in the long run. Either forcing people into other modes or buying battle-passes to get superior weapons. The DMZ weapon was bait to get people playing as a proof of concept by numbers but eventually they will release bundles or mode-specific content that gravely impact the core base MP. Activision literally have a concept patent for this too. Sure more and more people will get the current DMZ gun either legitimately or off a friend but down the line it will get nerfed and then they will move to other weapons - either paid or mode related which many people don't wish to play but will be on the brunt receiving end of it. The current weapon will be gone and forgotten about, nerfed and replaced with newer complaints. 

Sledgehammer said they wanted to keep WW2 realistic so they would remove most red dots sight reticles and then 3 months later they were releasing laser beam projecticle shotguns at £27.99 which could kill halfway across the map. Let's not even talk about the one hit kill pistols or trickle shot SMGs that were OHK at £20. People either have short memories or don't play the COD games long enough to see the huge shift when monetisation factors really kicks in.  The only way these games stop becoming shreadfests is when the developers finally nerf the problematic weapons strategically at the 11th hour to make way for the new bundle(s) regular as clockwork. 

it's pretty obvious you like to complain about everything cod. So complainers are gonna complain no matter what activision does

First all the gun that started this bitchfest isn't available on the battle-past or as a bundle as far as I can tell . So the argument about pay to win isn't valid

Second if you friends who play, it's dam easy to get the gun.  Get them to drop it and pick it up. You can even do that cross-play so you aren't handicap by any platform

Third the gun I have been using in Multi/DMZ which is my most successful is the Beta reward  Frontal Impact (which was completely free).  I played with randoms yesterday and got 45 kills with the beta gun so I don't particularly feel handicap

Fourth, the battle-pass is not a bad deal. It pays for itself if you complete it because a number of rewards are cod points. So unless you spend on bundles, once you pay for it you can use the rewards point to pay for the next. So hardly a money grab given that we use to have to pay about $29 per map packs when that's what they did instead

Finally, Slegehammer are the ones that brought us Advance warfare, WWII and Vanguard. I really don't give a shit what SHG has to say. 

I've heard with the new DMZ and unlockable gun, some people are experiencing problems. 

For some people after they have "earned" this new gun, they are trying to drop it for friends and afterwards loosing the ability to use it themselves. 

Maybe it's not in every instance, but for some the gun is locked again after helping a friend. 

Definitely some bugs needing ironed out, but not everyone has friends to play with and play solo most or 100% of the time. 

I just don't like the way they have set it up. 

Play this mode or don't earn it and miss out. 

It is coming as a bundle. 

As tedious as it was, I would rather the 3x sliding kills in 15 different matches they had in the other games. It's boring, but I can do them easily over time without being annoyed. 

I get more annoyed being forced to play a certain new game mode that doesn't interest me much. 

3 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

it's pretty obvious you like to complain about everything cod. So complainers are gonna complain no matter what activision does

First all the gun that started this bitchfest isn't available on the battle-past or as a bundle as far as I can tell . So the argument about pay to win isn't valid

Second if you friends who play, it's dam easy to get the gun.  Get them to drop it and pick it up. You can even do that cross-play so you aren't handicap by any platform

Third the gun I have been using in Multi/DMZ which is my most successful is the Beta reward  Frontal Impact (which was completely free).  I played with randoms yesterday and got 45 kills with the beta gun so I don't particularly feel handicap

Fourth, the battle-pass is not a bad deal. It pays for itself if you complete it because a number of rewards are cod points. So unless you spend on bundles, once you pay for it you can use the rewards point to pay for the next. So hardly a money grab given that we use to have to pay about $29 per map packs when that's what they did instead

Finally, Slegehammer are the ones that brought us Advance warfare, WWII and Vanguard. I really don't give a shit what SHG has to say. 

Complaints are perfectly valid - Activision have literally patented several highly manipulative concepts which they have been utlising heavily for years. I'd also rather pay £12.49 for a concrete map pack on a game with 15+ original base maps knowing what future content we'll get set in stone rather than have a game launch with 6-9 (lol) deathmatch maps and then receive one or two maps every 9 weeks after that with many being old-school rehashes stragecially drip-fed when player counts dwindle. Black Ops 4 even manage to sell a season pass with no content described and then sell a blank tier battlepass on top - people paid up to £2250 for NOTHING🤣 This is a multi-billion dollar franchise and they can't even get a basic interface right yet a game like God of War is presented and executed to the highest standard and this is the level of quality we should get. 

You are literally justifying a company charging £25 on virtual P2W-leaning garbage we used to get in the games for free that didn't adopt this concept because the game was fair. It's not about the gun DMZ either - it's the beginning of a wider problem that has plagued these games since 2019. Infinity Ward also laid out their unstoppable range of P2W shotguns in MW2019 so no matter what Sledgehammer did with their game, the principles are the same between all the games because they are engineered by Activision.  CSGO and PUBG do it right because it's purely skins - they don't need to rig matchmaking or the weapons to strengthen retention or manipulate income. 

People always seem to have short memories when literally every COD game has been the same way for years. I can only assume people duck out after a couple of months and then are totally oblivious as to the goings on of what they've left behind. 

3 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

I've heard with the new DMZ and unlockable gun, some people are experiencing problems. 

For some people after they have "earned" this new gun, they are trying to drop it for friends and afterwards loosing the ability to use it themselves. 

Maybe it's not in every instance, but for some the gun is locked again after helping a friend. 

Definitely some bugs needing ironed out, but not everyone has friends to play with and play solo most or 100% of the time. 

I just don't like the way they have set it up. 

Play this mode or don't earn it and miss out. 

It is coming as a bundle. 

As tedious as it was, I would rather the 3x sliding kills in 15 different matches they had in the other games. It's boring, but I can do them easily over time without being annoyed. 

I get more annoyed being forced to play a certain new game mode that doesn't interest me much. 

You will have the base gun unlocked but you lose the blueprint from what I saw on Reddit. 

3 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Complaints are perfectly valid - Activision have literally patented several highly manipulative concepts which they have been utlising heavily for years. I'd also rather pay £12.49 for a concrete map pack on a game with 15+ original base maps knowing what future content we'll get set in stone rather than have a game launch with 6-9 (lol) deathmatch maps and then receive one or two maps every 9 weeks after that with many being old-school rehashes stragecially drip-fed when player counts dwindle. Black Ops 4 even manage to sell a season pass with no content described and then sell a blank tier battlepass on top - people paid up to £2250 for NOTHING🤣 This is a multi-billion dollar franchise and they can't even get a basic interface right yet a game like God of War is presented and executed to the highest standard and this is the level of quality we should get. 

You are literally justifying a company charging £25 on virtual P2W-leaning garbage we used to get in the games for free that didn't adopt this concept because the game was fair. It's not about the gun DMZ either - it's the beginning of a wider problem that has plagued these games since 2019. Infinity Ward also laid out their unstoppable range of P2W shotguns in MW2019 so no matter what Sledgehammer did with their game, the principles are the same between all the games because they are engineered by Activision.  CSGO and PUBG do it right because it's purely skins - they don't need to rig matchmaking or the weapons to strengthen retention or manipulate income. 

People always seem to have short memories when literally every COD game has been the same way for years. I can only assume people duck out after a couple of months and then are totally oblivious as to the goings on of what they've left behind. 

You continue to say PTW. Every gun for the past four years has been unlocked by doing some sort of challenge or in the battle pass for free.  The blueprints for guns are purely cosmetic and do nothing for the guns handling or damage. If people want to spend their money on a fucking skin. Who cares. Personally I could care less what people spend their money on. I like to spend mine on hookers and cocaine.  Hell you could say people that use Astro headsets or Scuf controllers are paying to win. They have an advantage over me since I have a normal controller and a cheaper headset. Boo fucking hoo.  Get better. 

10 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

You continue to say PTW. Every gun for the past four years has been unlocked by doing some sort of challenge or in the battle pass for free.  The blueprints for guns are purely cosmetic and do nothing for the guns handling or damage. If people want to spend their money on a fucking skin. Who cares. Personally I could care less what people spend their money on. I like to spend mine on hookers and cocaine.  Hell you could say people that use Astro headsets or Scuf controllers are paying to win. They have an advantage over me since I have a normal controller and a cheaper headset. Boo fucking hoo.  Get better. 

That is absolutely not true. There is a catalogue of paywalled-only guns and these are conveniently nerfed just in time for the next big bundle to be published. Blueprints, handling and damage are are worthless stats because the game uses artificial connection factors and dynamic performance metrics in play - all of which are patented concepts. Exactly the same as how FIFA utilises live scripting and backend stat-sinks. If it was just skins like we see in proper skill-based games such as CSGO then it wouldn't matter. Even top content creators who sit on Activision's dick 365 days a year have expressed their concerns about this in MWII and this is a big factor as to why COD games fizzle out and are on life support come January. No creators even bother to cover detailed gun stats now because it's all meaningless and further redundant after a couple of months. 

Again

COD grind or pay to get the latest stuff

League of Legends grind or pay to get the latest stuff

Rainbow six grind or pay to get the latest stuff

Mass effect multiplayer grind or pay to get the latest stuff

Yugioh duel link grind or pay to get the latest stuff

hero wars grind or pay to get the latest stuff

Destiny grind to get the latest stuff. Maybe they have pay by not but I stop playing long ago

The division, grind to get better stuff (don't remember if there was a pay option)

I totally agree with Chris. Boo fucking boo. Get better

The only problem i have is with aimbots on PCs.  

23 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

Hold on cocaine and hookers does Katie know 🤣

3 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

Again

COD grind or pay to get the latest stuff

League of Legends grind or pay to get the latest stuff

Rainbow six grind or pay to get the latest stuff

Mass effect multiplayer grind or pay to get the latest stuff

Yugioh duel link grind or pay to get the latest stuff

hero wars grind or pay to get the latest stuff

Destiny grind to get the latest stuff. Maybe they have pay by not but I stop playing long ago

The division, grind to get better stuff (don't remember if there was a pay option)

I totally agree with Chris. Boo fucking boo. Get better

The only problem i have is with aimbots on PCs. 

Can't grind for something that is only available to purchase. Not everything in the store can be earned by playing - that's the point. Come back in a couple of months and we'll see where we are then - it's been this way since 2017 and it wont change now. 

Should also be more concerned about chronus users than aimbots especially as that can now be masked by the strengthening aim assist - PC has Ricochet whereas console has no detection protection. Activision even allow cheaters to their events especially if they have tits so that's the standard they set for their community and most of their steamer content creators use reverse-boosting techniques, VPN's and radar hacks so it's all about the money and publicity than fostering a fair experience for all. 

2 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Can't grind for something that is only available to purchase. Not everything in the store can be earned by playing - that's the point. Come back in a couple of months and we'll see where we are then - it's been this way since 2017 and it wont change now. 

Should also be more concerned about chronus users than aimbots especially as that can now be masked by the strengthening aim assist - PC has Ricochet whereas console has no detection protection. Activision even allow cheaters to their events especially if they have tits so that's the standard they set for their community and most of their steamer content creators use reverse-boosting techniques, VPN's and radar hacks so it's all about the money and publicity than fostering a fair experience for all. 

Every gun since 2019 has been has been unlocked via challenges or in the battle pass. The guns in the store are only blueprints, cosmetic only. So I’m confused in what the fuck you’re talking about. 

9 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

Every gun since 2019 has been has been unlocked via challenges or in the battle pass. The guns in the store are only blueprints, cosmetic only. So I’m confused in what the fuck you’re talking about. 

That is not true. There have been countless bundle exclusive packs plus the battle pass in itself isn't free either. If you believe the guns are just cosmetic only then that just shows how oblivious some of the community have become even after years of these practices. Sym.gg outlined all these under the table methods using datamined content form their API which Activision's couldn't hide from even with DMCA filings. Also players are forced into stifled grinds for some content whereby they have to play the equivalent of 14-18 hours a day and then they are put into a position where they have to keep this up or pay up anyway. That doesn't sound wholly-accessible either and by the time they either complete the grind or pay up, it's nerf time on the bundle to make way for the new content OP bait content.

Gotta give credit to Activison though - seems they work their dark arts of amnesia in making people forget how these games function upon every new release🤣

9 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

@J4MES OX4D  is right, some blueprints even offer more damage and various hidden stats.

Here is an old article from a Cold War Mac 10 blueprint that offers 30% more damage than it's base version. 

JGOD made a video, link is within the article. 

If you think blueprints are just cosmetic then you need to open your eyes. Activision are evil, they will extort your cash to offer you Pay To Win blueprints. 

The MW19 MP5 blueprint also has a better close range TTK. 

There are a few examples of controversial blueprints in the last 4 years or so. 

I'm 100% with J4MES on this one. 

Warzone-Mac-10-Blueprint-BOCW.jpg
WWW.DEXERTO.COM

JGOD has revealed that one particular variant of the MAC 10 massively outperforms its...

2 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

That is not true. There have been countless bundle exclusive packs plus the battle pass in itself isn't free either. If you believe the guns are just cosmetic only then that just shows how oblivious some of the community have become even after years of these practices. Sym.gg outlined all these under the table methods using datamined content form their API which Activision's couldn't hide from even with DMCA filings. Also players are forced into stifled grinds for some content whereby they have to play the equivalent of 14-18 hours a day and then they are put into a position where they have to keep this up or pay up anyway. That doesn't sound wholly-accessible either and by the time they either complete the grind or pay up, it's nerf time on the bundle to make way for the new content OP bait content.

Gotta give credit to Activison though - seems they work their dark arts of amnesia in making people forget how these games function upon every new release🤣

Or how little people fucking care about a video game. Plus you’re smartass undertone will not get very fucking far with me. You may pull this condescending shit with some people on here and they overlook it but I’ll go toe to toe. You need to step back from being a keyboard warrior for a bit. If you want to have discussions that’s fine. Stop trying to get the all mighty and thinking you know every damn thing about all. Fuck off James seriously.

2 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

@J4MES OX4D  is right, some blueprints even offer more damage and various hidden stats.

Here is an old article from a Cold War Mac 10 blueprint that offers 30% more damage than it's base version. 

JGOD made a video, link is within the article. 

If you think blueprints are just cosmetic then you need to open your eyes. Activision are evil, they will extort your cash to offer you Pay To Win blueprints. 

The MW19 MP5 blueprint also has a better close range TTK. 

There are a few examples of controversial blueprints in the last 4 years or so. 

I'm 100% with J4MES on this one. 

Warzone-Mac-10-Blueprint-BOCW.jpg
WWW.DEXERTO.COM

JGOD has revealed that one particular variant of the MAC 10 massively outperforms its...

See James this is how you react to someone not knowing exactly what they are talking about. 

Didn’t know that Kenny. That said I still really don’t care. Is it shitty. Yes. Do I care no. It’s just like what I said earlier. Is it any different that people that spend $300 on a controller to give them an advantage or $300 on a headset so they can hear my footsteps better? No it isn’t. Companies are here to make money. It’s capitalism, they make a product that people want to profit off it. Maybe 20 years ago I would have been all up in arms about something like this. In the world we live in now it’s just not important. It’s a business model. The only way to overcome it is to stop buying their products