NEW FG FEATURE - Vote on your best and worst MW2 Maps

GazzaGarratt

I've created something new for us all that we might develop for other things if we feel it is useful here at FG.

image.jpeg

Vote on your best and worst maps and based on your feedback it will re-order what people think the overall best map is.

If you have any thoughts on this feature, drop us your thoughts below 😄 Until then, go and vote on what you think the best AND worst are by clicking HERE!

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Really cool idea @GazzaGarratt.

My favourite is Mercado Las Almas, followed by the racetrack one in 2nd place. 

Worst is Taruq, it's just shit, underwhelming and exposed. Horrible potential to be spawn trapped. Too many people camping windows in buildings. A disgrace of a map and also very boring. 

2nd worst is Sena boarder crossing, but to be fair I'm enjoying it more than my first couple of matches on it. You just have to play a bit different and slower on it to achieve anything. 

I've thumbed them all up apart from Santa Sena and Taraq. They're all pretty playable 6v6 maps - nothing that will go down in COD folklore but it's much better than having 3 decent ones, 3 awful ones and 3 you never want to play ever. 

I maintain, whoever is responsible for the border crossing map should be jailed. 

1 minute ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I've thumbed them all up apart from Santa Sena and Taraq. They're all pretty playable 6v6 maps - nothing that will go down in COD folklore but it's much better than having 3 decent ones, 3 awful ones and 3 you never want to play ever. 

I maintain, whoever is responsible for the border crossing map should be jailed. 

I totally agree with all being said. Much rather play border crossing map than Taruq tho 100%.

Taruq is worse than Picadily and Azhir Caves from MW19. 🤢

Market map is favourite by far, followed by whatever it's called bagra? Then there's that other one with the cars, some building one with doors and desks.

Bad the crossing one is leave immediately, the sandy one with the broken buildings is just fuck around with a sniper, the one that looks like a drug cartel hideout is basically hide and seek boredom. The water one and the hotel are ok. Might have missed one not sure but there is nothing here given the choice I'd play over any from older cod's and I can't be arsed learning the stupid names. 

I think the modes you play are critical to liking/not liking the maps.  The border map isn't the worse in if you play domination. I think Fortress is the worse where people just aim down at a door with an LMG is a lot worse. I can't imagine playing KC on the border map however. 

My favorites were embassy, raceway, farm for DOM

I just quit when I see the fortress one. I hate that map. 

I tolerate the others. 

How do we see the results?

18 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

How do we see the results?

If you check out the COD Maps page which is currently on the main homepage or you can click the link below, it is already in the order of people that have voted. You click a simple thumbs up or thumbs down, and refresh to see if your votes changed the order. Its nice to see some people interacting with it so far and gives us a good direction of what people feel.

https://forevergaming.co.uk/forum/index.php?/cod-mw2-2022-maps/

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

If you check out the COD Maps page which is currently on the main homepage or you can click the link below, it is already in the order of people that have voted. You click a simple thumbs up or thumbs down, and refresh to see if your votes changed the order. Its nice to see some people interacting with it so far and gives us a good direction of what people feel.

https://forevergaming.co.uk/forum/index.php?/cod-mw2-2022-maps/

ok, I didn't see any change. Probably because I am mostly in agreement with the majority. 

I would be interesting to see the vote count

17 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

ok, I didn't see any change. Probably because I am mostly in agreement with the majority. 

There may be close maps in the middle that one vote up or down makes a difference but as you say its started to show a good picture already, which was the idea.

17 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

I would be interesting to see the vote count

You can see the vote count for each map below the thumbs up and down. I still haven't voted for a few maps yet as i'm undecided whether I think they are good or bad yet.

10 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

You can see the vote count for each map below the thumbs up and down. I still haven't voted for a few maps yet as i'm undecided whether I think they are good or bad yet.

You can see how many people voted (10-11) right now. However it does not tell you up or down as far as I can tell.

2 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

However it does not tell you up or down as far as I can tell.

Yeah thats kind of the point - to see if you essentially move the selected one up or down after your vote. It just uses the star rating system behind the scenes so you can eventually see the score via the stars if you click on the maps.

I know its a little tiny thing that took me way longer than the seconds it took people to vote, but I had a thought that it might be worthwhile if I can set up a bunch of them for like a single game so over time we have some top 10ish leaderboards for maps, guns, perks, etc. Its led to some good discussion so far and some cool insight in a different format.

I've noticed taraq doesn't load properly when you spawn in on the ps4 haven't tried on ps5 yet but I've heard I'm not the only one with this issue.

Last time there was an issue with a map was on Bops3 and it was taken out of rotation for quite a fare few months.

slamminbones.png

4 hours ago, slamminbones said:

I've noticed taraq doesn't load properly when you spawn in on the ps4 haven't tried on ps5 yet but I've heard I'm not the only one with this issue.

Last time there was an issue with a map was on Bops3 and it was taken out of rotation for quite a fare few months.

I would be happy if Taruq came out of rotation. 😁

13 hours ago, slamminbones said:

I've actually heard that Farm 18 takes a while to load but thats because its apparently trying to load the brand new Warzone map every time as its a part of the map. Maybe Taraq is part of it too somewhere?

27 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I've actually heard that Farm 18 takes a while to load but thats because its apparently trying to load the brand new Warzone map every time as its a part of the map. Maybe Taraq is part of it too somewhere?

I've heard that as well that Farm and also Taruq are part of the new Warzone map. Does make sense with the longer loads. 

4 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

I've heard that as well that Farm and also Taruq are part of the new Warzone map. Does make sense with the longer loads. 

The Embassy map is also embedded in the Warzone 2 map and if you use freecam, you can see so much of the environment including the Highrise map. It does lower in quality the further away you go but it's crazy how many unseen scenery assets are included in these maps when not even in use. There are quite a few maps that are embedded into the new Warzone map including Mercado Las Almas which I saw in a recent ground war match.