New TV/bragging time!

MrBiron

I received a letter yesterday saying I'm getting £2300 back from a loan overpayment (no idea how the fuck that even happens!). Which meant I did what any sensible person would do: spent a load of it on something I don't even need 😁

So I've bought an LG C2 OLED TV. With a £75 Ebay voucher I got one for £874 (I only got 42" as I sit a couple of feet from my TV). 

So pretty soon I'll be able to look down on all the peasants with TVs that are merely 60hz 🧐

fart.gif

Same TV that I have.  I can’t say I’ve noticed the extra fps really but the HDR is fantastic when watching Prime/Netflix.

When are you taking delivery of it?

Assuming you don’t have any calibration equipment, there’s some good recommended setting here:

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

14 hours ago, Greboth said:

Same TV that I have.  I can’t say I’ve noticed the extra fps really but the HDR is fantastic when watching Prime/Netflix.

When are you taking delivery of it?

Assuming you don’t have any calibration equipment, there’s some good recommended setting here:

I'll be getting it on Wednesday. I don't piss about with all of that calibration malarkey. Just turn it on and use it.

fart.gif

You really should, the default settings are (were) nowhere near the recommend ones in that article and it looks so much better.

If nothing else, you definitely should look up the game settings as, like most modern TV's, the default is to have all the motion smoothing, sharpening etc. on which ruins response time.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

22 hours ago, Greboth said:

You really should, the default settings are (were) nowhere near the recommend ones in that article and it looks so much better.

If nothing else, you definitely should look up the game settings as, like most modern TV's, the default is to have all the motion smoothing, sharpening etc. on which ruins response time.

I normally disable all of that chuff anyway. But I will look at the game settings 👍 If I couple it with the "aim bot" supper settings on COD that @techno  suggested last night then I reckon I might get up to 10 kills in a COD game 😎

fart.gif

On 11/6/2022 at 9:53 AM, MrBiron said:

I'll be getting it on Wednesday. I don't piss about with all of that calibration malarkey. Just turn it on and use it.

Just like you turned on Dynamic setting on CoD last night and it made all the difference 🤣🤣

Nice buy though mate, must look like a million dollars compared to what you had previously? Glad you didn't go to big too as playing on huge TVs just doesn't help at all unless you have people around playing local Multiplayer.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Just like you turned on Dynamic setting on CoD last night and it made all the difference 🤣🤣

Nice buy though mate, must look like a million dollars compared to what you had previously? Glad you didn't go to big too as playing on huge TVs just doesn't help at all unless you have people around playing local Multiplayer.

I'm not buying a TV because it might help me play cod 🤣 I bought a big TV because TV/film 👍