DATE

SEP. 22 - 23

PLATFORM

XBOX + BATTLE.NET + STEAM EARLY ACCESS; OPEN TO ALL PLAYSTATION® PLAYERS

SEP. 18 – 20

OPEN TO ALL PLAYSTATION® PLAYERS

SEP. 24 - 26

OPEN TO ALL PLAYERS

Hopefully it will be at least half decent.

fart.gif

3 hours ago, Greboth said:

I hadn’t pre-oredered so thanks for the reminder.  It’s a bit late but

hopefully I can still get the early access beta.

Fuck pre-ordering. Especially for COD. I'll play the beta first and then decide if I'll get it. 

fart.gif

24 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

Fuck pre-ordering. Especially for COD. I'll play the beta first and then decide if I'll get it. 

Yeah cause those 5 button presses to cancel an Amazon order are so arduous.  I'll still cancel it if it's shit but it costs me literally nothing to get a couple extra days with the beta so why wouldn't I?

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

2 hours ago, Greboth said:

Yeah cause those 5 button presses to cancel an Amazon order are so arduous.  I'll still cancel it if it's shit but it costs me literally nothing to get a couple extra days with the beta so why wouldn't I?

But if you don't pre-order then it's 5 button presses less that you have to do 😉

fart.gif

Can someone tell me if this is cross-gen at all? Do we have to get the PS4 version to play with everyone or does it matter if its the PS5 version or not? I'd like to get a bunch of us playing it this weekend but a little annoyed that Open Beta starts Sunday rather than Friday.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

It’s cross play when it comes to multiplayer so different generations can play against each other.  I’ve not been able to find details on if you can play together if cross gen.

I’d assume we will be able to but probably through Activision ID’s rather than PSN’s.

Its all good now @Greboth, we worked it out last night that it just gets you both versions of the came (PS4 and PS5) mainly for people that have PS4 now but soon to have a PS5 and want to save money with the upgraded game (although Activision shouldn't be charging for the upgrade imo like others haven't).

Hi James @anticonscience , I don't think i'll be on tonight as I haven't pre-ordered and then need to download the beta although i'm keen on trying Sunday hopefully on the Open Beta. I suspect most of us will get this one though given our playtime on MW2019 over the past few months. Looking forward to what people see!

1 hour ago, MrBiron said:

I'll be on tonight after work (so 9PM ish) and then Sunday and Monday.

I will probably be on around that time as well 👍🏻

enjoying it so far, there’s obvious moments of lag where you die when your shoot first but that’s CoD lol

After a few games I’m finding it incredibly frustrating because all my lobbies are with foreign players and I’m shooting first and dying first.

I put no end of shots into people and they don’t die, yet I get melted instantly before people are on my screen. I can only hope it’s just due to time of day and not many UK people playing. It’s almost impossible for me to get into double digit kills because of this

1 hour ago, anticonscience said:

After a few games I’m finding it incredibly frustrating because all my lobbies are with foreign players and I’m shooting first and dying first.

I put no end of shots into people and they don’t die, yet I get melted instantly before people are on my screen. I can only hope it’s just due to time of day and not many UK people playing. It’s almost impossible for me to get into double digit kills because of this

Hopefully that will improve tomorrow when the open beta kicks off and more people are playing. Or maybe you just need to git gud? 😬

fart.gif

2 hours ago, anticonscience said:

Latency, lag and packet loss is more often increased with distance. 

How is your connection? Is it slow, average or fast? 

Another good question is do you play over WiFi or wired? 

All these things make a difference, but I agree that different times can impact the lobbies and who you come up against. 

4 minutes ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Latency, lag and packet loss is more often increased with distance. 

How is your connection? Is it slow, average or fast? 

Another good question is do you play over WiFi or wired? 

All these things make a difference, but I agree that different times can impact the lobbies and who you come up against. 

I have 560Mb virgin and it’s wired to my ASUS router. 

I've played a few more games tonight. I'm definitely enjoying it more now I've got my eye in. I've found that running around like a headless chicken isn't the way to play. Using cover and being tactical* is the best way to play. 

*camping. 

fart.gif

11 hours ago, MrBiron said:

I've played a few more games tonight. I'm definitely enjoying it more now I've got my eye in. I've found that running around like a headless chicken isn't the way to play. Using cover and being tactical* is the best way to play. 

*camping. 

*Boring 👍

I've watched a couple of Nero's videos as he gives a more balanced view than some but it just looks and sounds like the same old shit with the same stupid design decisions and some unnecessary changes that seem to be there just so they can say it's different. Simple stuff it shouldn't be difficult.

Quieter footsteps/ dead silence perk

Regular mini map

Name bars above characters

Proper leveling system

Less aggressive sbmm and don't disband lobbies

Map voting

These Devs are deaf dumb and blind, I don't want to duck walk round a "great looking environment" I don't want to sit in a corner, I want to run around. I complain about all the shit in destiny PvP but it's fun mostly and definitely fast paced.  I'd love to go back and play some cod because I used to love it but this shit once again isn't for me from what I've seen so far, if things change for the better somehow then maybe.

Its early days Gaz, you'll always get some views from either side that'll be way off. When you start out, I alwasy find I struggle until I work out map design, where people usually run into, good cover spots and finding the most common campers like @MrBiron  so you can grab an easy kill 😎

I'll be looking to see if the Open Beta is available to download now, its got to be worth having a few tries on it - and we all know if we were joined up rather than solo you always get a better experience initially.

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

finding the most common campers like @MrBiron  so you can grab an easy kill 😎

The thing is I'm not actually a camper. I do move around but you just can't run around as much in this game. I'd love to be able to rush all the time but you can't so I'm just changing my play style. 

fart.gif

5 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

The thing is I'm not actually a camper. I do move around but you just can't run around as much in this game. I'd love to be able to rush all the time but you can't so I'm just changing my play style. 

Wings Of Redemption style! 😂

To be honest apart from MW19 and your opinion on the new one, you could rush with success in all the other Cods over the years. 

I think the camping problem is always more apparent in a brand new Cod. 

The footsteps loudness are definitely a variable between camping. 

In Cold War and Vanguard you could rush hard. It's a shame people didn't enjoy them for various different reasons. Being able to rush effectively was not something those 2 games lacked. 

Treyarch and Sledgehammer are not the 2 most popular developers. 

Infinity Ward alltho made terrific games, their releases quite often cater to campers. They often use a horrible amount of dull colours in their map designs like greys and brown. In previous titles to my experience. 

There's definitely some connection issues at the moment but hopefully that is just because of the reduced numbers on the beta.

I really don't like the new perk system though, you choose 2 base perks which you have then you choose 2 additional perks; if you play well you get the first and then continue to play well you get the second.  It doesn't sound too bad from the description except both cold blooded and ghost are in the additional perks.  So if the enemy team has a good start to the match it's incredibly hard to pull back as you don't get enough points (or whatever the metric is) to get your additional perks so just die more to kill streaks and UAV spam.  Thankfully it doesn't seem to happen too often but I have had a handful of matches that just end up a runaway game for the winning side.

Another negative is Marksman rifles are shit! I want to love them because I'd rather be accurate and less shots than spray and pray but they're rubbish.  They're one shot kill at close range but anything over, I'd guess 20 metres, is 2 shot and if you're going across map long shots even a head shot isn't a one shot kill.  Assault rifles seem to have about the same damage drop off but the much higher fire rate makes them much easier or if you want the longer range, use a sniper then as they don't suffer the drop off.

They're really the only big negatives in my opinion.  It plays quite a lot like MW2019, which is good, and overall I'm quite enjoying it.

Played just over an hour earlier (really not sure how people manage to play 50 in these betas) and thought it was an okay game that plays itself very safe. Some of the changes are quite bizarre i.e the unclear unlock system plus the traditional perk format being reduced to two fixed is also weird. It’s nice that the mechanics are less friendly with slide cancelling nerfed and not being able to select 49 perks like in Treyarch games will make it more challenging and users more adventurous with their selections. Crouch walkers seem very hard to spot though if they are right at your feet.

I quite liked the farm map but the hotel and market one were a bit average and nothing we haven’t seen before. Some nice detail and aesthetics but nothing exceptional. Killstreaks also didn’t grab me but I’m glad they’ve ditched the stupid POTG and replaced it with the final kill again. 

I’ll have another go tomorrow but I’m not majorly convinced about buying a game I stopped playing 3 years ago for another two more. It’s decent enough but maybe not £60 decent. Doesn’t quite have the wow factor the original MW2019 initially had because that was a big step up but this one does seem more refined and has less irritations. A lot will depend on the content available at launch - something MW sorely lacked.