Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

If I was a Man U fan I'd probably want Ten Hags to stay, but either way, them ensuring Chelscum are out of Europa League cracks me up. Although think they're in the other euro cup, is it the conference? 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Dortmund 0-2 Real in the Champions League Final.

First half was very entertaining and Dortmund were excellent but you always knew those missed chances and overall dominance would come back to haunt them. Took Real 70 minutes to get going and once they got the first one it was game over. Should've never taken off Adeyemi for Reus as that's when their attacking threat was erased and Reus is basically the Harry Kane-luck equivalent when it comes to winning things. Dortmund must really hate Wembley now - two Champions League finals and two defeats to Spurs there in 11 years🤣

4 hours ago, Lurchzy said:

VAR not scrapped after Premier League vote.

Crazy how 19 voted in favour of it.  I think Wolves should've changed their approach and instead requested it be suspended and overhauled rather than it being outright removed. It's a wake-up call though but I hope this unanimous vote doesn't mean they can carry on like previous. 

England 0-1 Iceland

A pretty shambolic way to go into the Euros especially with so many bad individual performances as well as a team collective. It's only a friendly but to lose a game like that with a big tournament a week away is not encouraging. I think we are really going to miss Maguire and Phil Foden also has to step it up like he does for club. For all his critics, Pickford is also a key player. Dropping Grealish is such a massive call especially when he maintained Henderson for so many years so that could come back to haunt Southgate. 

I do wonder if cutting players like Grealish and Maddison has had an effect on team morale. They're both big, positive personalities and maybe that vacuum creates uncertainty in the minds of players and affects confidence. I'd have kept one of them around. But then, Iceland are almost a bit of a bogey team for England, so who knows...

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

5 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I do wonder if cutting players like Grealish and Maddison has had an effect on team morale. They're both big, positive personalities and maybe that vacuum creates uncertainty in the minds of players and affects confidence. I'd have kept one of them around. But then, Iceland are almost a bit of a bogey team for England, so who knows...

Absolutely. It's not just about footballers abilities but what they bring to the dressing room and Grealish has been involved in the setup for years, has played with the likes of Stones, Walker and Foden for club and country and carries a huge presence off the field. His absence will surely be felt in more ways than one. If our midfield is as bland and limited as it looked the other day and it costs England then Southgate will be toast. I personally feel that we are going into this tournament with so many unproven players and whilst Maguire's absence is unfortunate and Maddison out of form, to drop someone like Grealish could be fatal.