Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

Mental that all the teams at the bottom of the Championship won on the final day. I don't think I've ever seen that, you'd have expected at least one to falter but all 4 involved won!

Forum Signature Test.png

Actually played against the 6th best player in the UK on PlayStation last night. 

40th in the world.

3-0 down and managed to get a 3-3 draw and probably should of won, had @GazzaGarrattwatching and cheering me on. 

Makes me think if I should start entering a few tournaments.

20240512_005052.jpg

20240512_005059.jpg

20240512_005425.jpg

Premier League clubs to vote on scrapping VAR

Wolves have tabled a motion to scrap VAR, other clubs will vote on it next month.

If 14 clubs vote in favour of the motion, VAR will not be used next season.

4 minutes ago, Lurchzy said:

Premier League clubs to vote on scrapping VAR!

• Wolves have tabled a motion to scrap VAR
  • Clubs will vote on it next month
  • If 14 clubs vote in favour of the motion, VAR will not be used next season

Good point mate 🤪

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

3 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Also this. Money men wankers will destroy football as we know it.

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Fifa are examining the impact of moving domestic competitive matches abroad.

Not this shit again. We already had the phantom 39th game proposal for years and I don't want to see this shit materialise again. It's bad enough with all these retarded friendlies. 

Can't see it being dropped. We can't be the only league without it when you go to Europe and big international tournaments it will be on I would suspect.

Let the teams have 2-3 calls for VAR through the game that can pause the game up to 3 minutes at a time. Works in other sports but doesn't take the responsibility away from the man in the middle that everyone has to accept their decisions.

Forum Signature Test.png

On 5/16/2024 at 12:06 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

Can't see it being dropped. We can't be the only league without it when you go to Europe and big international tournaments it will be on I would suspect.

Let the teams have 2-3 calls for VAR through the game that can pause the game up to 3 minutes at a time. Works in other sports but doesn't take the responsibility away from the man in the middle that everyone has to accept their decisions.

Tennis and Cricket have always had it pretty spot on.

Leeds vs Southampton in the Championship playoff final. I honestly don't know who will win it. If the Leeds team that went on a 13 game unbeaten run turn up then we'll definitely win. It won't be easy for either team and I think it'll be a great match to watch for any neutrals.

On 5/16/2024 at 12:06 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

I think 3 VAR challenges per game from one of the managers would be the way forward and let the manager listen to the conversation between referees.

fart.gif

Leeds should win and they'll be hammered if they don't. The end of the Championship though has shown that anything that can happen....

Forum Signature Test.png

Really looking forward to the Championship Playoff Final but it's just too close to call and will come down to who is best on the day. The gulf between those two compared to Norwich and West Brom was really significant but Leeds and Southampton are too close to call. Saints have won home and away against Leeds this year but both sides have had similar dips in form and good runs. Ipswich went up despite losing heavily to Leeds twice so there's no reason why Leeds can't beat Southampton on the day despite losing to them twice this season. 

It would be a far worse loss for Leeds though as they were toe to toe with the top two places for the majority of the season but faded at the wrong time. Southampton never looked like getting autos at all but remained up there throughout. Pressure will definitely be on Saints for an immediate return but Leeds will be feeling it more especially with their poor playoff record.

Poch has left Cheatski. Not entirely surprising although I thought he'd managed to steady the ship by the end of the season. 

Poisoned chalice it would seem, I just hope it means they're rubbush again for another season 🤣

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

5 hours ago, Lurchzy said:

IMG_0669.thumb.jpeg.7412bea3d530f4c1ebf3114feffd9358.jpeg

No Rashford or Saudi boy is a good shout.

Good going forward but weak at the back. Hope Rice stays fit 

I'm glad both Gordon and Palmer made it.

Toney is a weird choice.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

17 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Toney is a weird choice.

Henderson joined Ajax to try and stay in the England squad but has hardly played a game/been able to stay fit. But I think it’s the push Southgate needed to be a bit more brave with his selection.

Love the Eze, Gallagher and Konsa additions, all been great this season as well as Palmer.

17 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Toney is a weird choice.

Trashford & Saudi Boy 😂

18 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Poch has left Cheatski. Not entirely surprising although I thought he'd managed to steady the ship by the end of the season. 

Poisoned chalice it would seem, I just hope it means they're rubbush again for another season 🤣

Another bad decision by them. Poch was really turning it around towards the end and you could see them continuing this form into next season. Now they've shot themselves in the foot and will probably have to turn back to Tuchel.