PS4 Audio\Party Chat Recording

Was thinking about this last night, have you tried taking your elgato or mixamp out of the equation and plugging straight into your computer? I think you'd probably want to try removing the audio cable from the elgato as there's no point in you loosing your mixamp if you can help it.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@tronic44 Sorted it! I can now record voice chat as a seperate audio channel including my voice! Bow down to my brilliance!

Well, really, I just found out that the new astro mixamps have a 3.5mm stream out, plug straight in to line in on pc and set line in as commentary in capture software and bobs your uncle.  Unfortunately it isn't perfect, at any higher volumes you can get a lot of hiss but far easier than having to use a second mic.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

10 hours ago, Greboth said:

@tronic44 Sorted it! I can now record voice chat as a seperate audio channel including my voice! Bow down to my brilliance!

Well, really, I just found out that the new astro mixamps have a 3.5mm stream out, plug straight in to line in on pc and set line in as commentary in capture software and bobs your uncle.  Unfortunately it isn't perfect, at any higher volumes you can get a lot of hiss but far easier than having to use a second mic.

Wow nice dude! Glad i gave up looking as i don't have astros or a mixamp so would have been impossible by the sounds of it. 

Shame about the hiss but just lower everything then turn up the master volume but i'm sure you know that already. 

You should do a video on it, i'm sure the internet would love to see how you did it.

Ths hiss seems to be a ground loop issue which I have managed to mostly remove it and a low pass filter in audacity removes it entirely.  It is still audible though if I use Elgato capture software so ordered a ground loop isolator which will, fingers crossed, sort that out.

As for the video, maybe once I have it sorted out as I want it however, if you seatch for record chat with mixamp you get a lot of results.  It just seems outside the Astro community it isn't widely known.

11 minutes ago, Diddums said:

I sorted it, yay :D

Thanks to whoever helped me. Think it was Lee, dunno.

It was. And no need to thank me, the burden of having you as my friend is enough. ;)

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

This just gets more irritating, I can get rid of the hiss/noise/static in the voice recording by plugging my mixamp power directly in to the wall (rather than usb from the ps4) so was happy I had cracked it.  Though playing Destiny last night, doing this then means the party chat hear it instead :angry: to the degree even with my mic muted it was enough to activation symbol in party chat.  As above, I'm not up on audio side of thing but I think it is a ground loop issue so picking up an isolator today to give a try.  It's only a few quid so even if it doesn't work its not the end of the world.