Infinite Warfare/Modern Warfare Remastered Launch Day

J4MES OX4D

Anyone got it this year? I concluded a dispute I had with a retailer and got a 75% voucher for my troubles so I decided to grab the Legacy edition for £15B) I would have not bought this otherwise though and am not planning on installing Infinite Warfare at this time and if I do; it'll be for the campaign only. I'll have a quick look at MW:R multiplayer to see how it fares but I can't see myself going far with 20 prestige levels and I'm not sure if there is enough meat in the game these days that'll keep me interested very long. I'm looking forward to going through the campaign again though. I have zero interest in IW with no expectations but the campaign looks like they've put some effort in so I may make time to check that out in due course.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MrBiron, @Chookes, @burnfitbillyboy and @tronic44 got it James.

Would be good to see a separate thread on impressions for both games...although i suspect CoD4 will be played ahead of IW for a while.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

On Friday, November 04, 2016 at 2:49 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

Especially for £15B) I've only played MWR so far and that's worth it at that price. I may just pretend that IW doesn't exist and I'm already mildly embarrassed having it in my Steam library:lol:

I did see an angry Joe rant about how bad it is on PC I'm guessing your not having trouble finding lobbies?

He quoted 15k on iw and 6k on mwr peak 

1 hour ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

WIN and Steam can't play together!  Holy shit, that's dumb!  The PC community is already small enough.  WTF were they thinking.  

Microsoft stopped thinking a long time ago, which is why they are constantly getting their asses handed to them everything the do.

14 hours ago, techno said:

I did see an angry Joe rant about how bad it is on PC I'm guessing your not having trouble finding lobbies?

He quoted 15k on iw and 6k on mwr peak 

The campaign is great but the MP is riddled with old school problems such as lag, stuttering and 'server' issues. Not sure how it fares on console though. A warning to everyone though - this game is P2P and not dedicated servers as falsely advertised. The words 'finding best host' in the lobby and having seen a host migration in a stream on the Xbox One; this all but confirms the claim as total bullshit. Host advantage is unreal is this game especially as the TTK is so rapid - COD 4 may be back but so are all the old problems. It is good to sample old-school Call of Duty again but I'm not convinced there is enough features or longevity here especially 20 bloody prestiges worth. Certainly good for a few games here and there and it is really nice to play a COD that is a challenge on many levels but it'll never have the impact it once did. 

13 hours ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

WIN and Steam can't play together!  Holy shit, that's dumb!  The PC community is already small enough.  WTF were they thinking.  

Anyone that buys their games through the Win 10 store deserves all the shit and restrictions they get:lol: I'm probably only speaking to 10 people worldwide though!