Appendicitis

Fuck me; on Tuesday I experienced the most horrendous pain I have ever had in my life to the extent; it honestly felt like I was being persistently stabbed in the stomach for four hours non-stop. It happened early afternoon when I was back home after half-assing it work for the day. All I had was 4 fags and half a sandwich along with a Red Bull and a few hours later I was feeling sick, in absolute abdominal agony, couldn't stand up straight, couldn't speak properly and my temperature was as high as a kite. I got rushed off to hospital up the road and after a quick assessment; they determined that I had quite possibly the most extreme case of appendicitis they had ever seen and that my appendix itself was close to bursting which could have been fatal if I was just an hour of so later. I was shot down to the operating theater and had a cunt removed B)

That's some scary shit right there though. I'm off my face on painkillers and paracetamol after being discharged this afternoon after making a very fast recovery. It all hasn't quite sunk in yet but just to think I could have been an hour away from death thanks to the most fucking pointless 'organ' in the body is just crazy! I only loosely heard of this in the past but never really paid any attention to it especially as the appendix is more useful in a bloody book than a body but it certainly has been a wake up call. Anyone else had theirs removed or experienced this?  

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, that just sounds damn right nasty...and scary! Glad I haven't had to face something like that.

As you say, when its all down to a pointless organ it is just mind blowing.

Glad to hear you sound okay now!

Forum Signature Test.png

You've been discharged that's good it means you pooped! :lol:

Doctors took mine when I was 8; it is the worst pain I've experienced. I wish you a speedy recovery. Normal everyday things are going to suck for a while but at least you've got some pain meds. Also plus side is you're thumbs aren't effected so game on!!! :)

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

Cheers guys! I think it'll be off gaming for a couple of days as it took me 30 minutes to write that message in this thread and another 15 to login to Steam - the meds are properly messing with my head so much so; I've got home and been reading PC Gamer from November 2013 thinking it was the latest issue and even thought Watch Dogs looked sensational and couldn't wait for it to be released :wacko: That's what two strong paracetomol and two lethal painkillers do it seems - not sure what would be worse though; riding out the pain or having the agony of buying and playing Watch Dogs again B) I'm just about getting my head into gear now until the next batch of tabs go down....

Fuck me; on Tuesday I experienced the most horrendous pain I have ever had in my life to the extent; it honestly felt like I was being persistently stabbed in the stomach for four hours non-stop. It happened early afternoon when I was back home after half-assing it work for the day. All I had was 4 fags and half a sandwich along with a Red Bull and a few hours later I was feeling sick, in absolute abdominal agony, couldn't stand up straight, couldn't speak properly and my temperature was as high as a kite. I got rushed off to hospital up the road and after a quick assessment; they determined that I had quite possibly the most extreme case of appendicitis they had ever seen and that my appendix itself was close to bursting which could have been fatal if I was just an hour of so later. I was shot down to the operating theater and had a cunt removed B)

That's some scary shit right there though. I'm off my face on painkillers and paracetamol after being discharged this afternoon after making a very fast recovery. It all hasn't quite sunk in yet but just to think I could have been an hour away from death thanks to the most fucking pointless 'organ' in the body is just crazy! I only loosely heard of this in the past but never really paid any attention to it especially as the appendix is more useful in a bloody book than a body but it certainly has been a wake up call. Anyone else had theirs removed or experienced this?  

Wow, you hear about this kind of thing happening a lot, that's nuts. I had part of my intestine (the perils of living on curry and beer :lol: ) removed when I was 25 and they took out my appendix while had they me opened up, which I thought was a nice touch.

Really glad you're okay mate.

And remember hospitals always have the best drugs. Though I sadly found out that morphine does fuck all for me ;)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

GOTDAMN!

wow man, you have my sympathies, thats some scary shit

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

All I had was 4 fags

THAT is going in the out of context thread! :lol:

Glad you are okay James. That's not something to play with for sure, my Mom had her's about burst when she was a kid. They said if she was even 15 minutes later getting to the hospital she may not have made it. Glad you are okay now.

THAT is going in the out of context thread! :lol:

Glad you are okay James. That's not something to play with for sure, my Mom had her's about burst when she was a kid. They said if she was even 15 minutes later getting to the hospital she may not have made it. Glad you are okay now.

:lol: Much appreciated :) I can't believe how severe it could have been and how lucky I am - still hasn't really sunk in! Last day of the medication today and then a couple more weeks to fully recover before back to normal I hope.