House of Wolves release date

Riff Machine

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only imagine that this guy is deaf and unable to hear himself speak. Christ, my ears hurt!

//On topic though, I think this will be great. I like the fact that everything will have some form of value regardless of whether it is vanilla, DB or HoW stuff. I'm always the first to slag Bungie off for being lazy and making stupid decisions but as far as this xpac goes, they may just be on to a winner. Here's hoping!

banlol.png

A article I found about possible trade system

Will Bungie ever introduce a player trading system for items in Destiny? It's a question that Bungie is continually asked, including during yesterday's special livestream for upcoming expansion House of Wolves. Destiny creative director Christopher Barrett responded by saying that, although it's not a feature he'd personally like to see in Destiny, it's not been ruled out for sometime down the road.

Barrett said people have been asking about a Destiny trading system "since the beginning of time."

"It's something we're...there's downsides to it and there's upsides," he explained. Destiny community member Gothalion said a item trading system could diminish the appeal of Destiny's endgame if players could freely swap items between one another.

Barrett said he agreed. But while he wouldn't personally like to see player trading in Destiny, he says the team internally at Bungie is divided on the subject, noting that the studio's "investment designers" continue to explore the possibility.

"The investment designers, there's a lot of conversations I'm sure that happen about that," Barrett said. "We're always considering features like that. Personally, I'd prefer not to have player trading. But you'll get different opinions across the entire team."

Destiny publisher Activision does have a history with player trading systems, as the company's genre-defining MMO World of Warcraft has had such a system for years now.

Would you like to see player trading in Destiny? Let us know in the comments below.

We learned a lot more about Destiny's new House of Wolves expansion yesterday, and you can see a roundup of the key points here. The expansion itself arrives May 19

They won't put a trading system. The drop rates of weapons are much different than mmorpg games. Plus there aren't enough weapons and armor to implement a trading system right now. Maybe once the loot cache doubles when comet drops they may do so.

I don't think they will anytime soon.

Some of the perks sound fantastic I must say (melee kill grants ammo to the mag!). I'm actually excited about the awoken ship, not that it'll do anything!!

Chris - I'll stick my neck out here (and most probably be on my own) but i don't want a trading system. I'll play the game and be happy with the rewards given to me, either through hard grinding or RNG.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I think if they give ONLY Ryan a trading system, there will still be jellyhorns for all

Lol and fatebringers, but I'm against a trading system for the most part, a sharing of loot after a raid would be for the most part OK unless it put people's noses out of joint.