House of Wolves release date

Riff Machine

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we all have to remember the life span of this has far exceeded many of our expectations. We haven't just played this every now and again - we've grinded the hell out of it - and then done it again. Don't get me wrong, I'm disappointed, but mainly because I enjoy playing this with you guys and it helps if we a little variety (because we've played so much) and more goals to achieve. When a raid comes we'll run the shit out of it and be back to now. It happens to virtually every game, we play it, try to complete and move on.

However, they are trying to keep this going for as long as they can and with Comet coming in H2 2015 then I can just see us all continuing to play this. Not as regular as we do, but it's the ONLY game right now where we can all hook up and do many different types of things. I'm sure the Reef will interest all of us to see whats there.

My 2p. [emoji2]

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I think we all have to remember the life span of this has far exceeded many of our expectations. We haven't just played this every now and again - we've grinded the hell out of it - and then done it again. Don't get me wrong, I'm disappointed, but mainly because I enjoy playing this with you guys and it helps if we a little variety (because we've played so much) and more goals to achieve. When a raid comes we'll run the shit out of it and be back to now. It happens to virtually every game, we play it, try to complete and move on.

However, they are trying to keep this going for as long as they can and with Comet coming in H2 2015 then I can just see us all continuing to play this. Not as regular as we do, but it's the ONLY game right now where we can all hook up and do many different types of things. I'm sure the Reef will interest all of us to see whats there.

My 2p. [emoji2]

agreed, but making the arena 3 player now takes away from the whole point of the raid dynamic... ridiculous and a total cop out by Bungie... of course I am one of the sheep that will continue to grind and play it, but I have to admit they are full of shit... all the other forums are blowing up right now with displeasure... people demandeing refunds, etc... I know the raid is coming "later" but mark my words... it will be for the new comet NOT the HOW...

DarthMaulTCW-IGN_zpshjlccuvn.jpg

Yeah there's no new raid but I'm not disappointed at all.... Yet anyway. That new arena sounds like it's going to be badass. The only thing that I don't like is how amazing looking the Osiris gear looks. Warlocks get Obsidian mind but in white...... Titans get those badass gladiator helmets. But by far the Osiris gear looks very cool. You got Osiris face in the warlock with the ears and shit.

I can't wait.

Yeah there's no new raid but I'm not disappointed at all.... Yet anyway. That new arena sounds like it's going to be badass. The only thing that I don't like is how amazing looking the Osiris gear looks. Warlocks get Obsidian mind but in white...... Titans get those badass gladiator helmets. But by far the Osiris gear looks very cool. You got Osiris face in the warlock with the ears and shit.

I can't wait.

you do understand how hard it's going to be to get that gear right??? not through the arena... invitation style trial of o... good luck... and with your PvP skills??? yeah ok then... and to think mine are even worse... I will keep the dream alive for the "arena gear"

agreed, but making the arena 3 player now takes away from the whole point of the raid dynamic... ridiculous and a total cop out by Bungie......

I'm calling bullshit on this. By dynamic do you mean pushing the templar or Atheon off? Or cheesing the lamps. No wait it's glitching the bridge that's dynamic. Maybe it's four or five people standing on a ledge shooting rockets at Crota while one person pounds him with a sword,that's dynamic. In the VoG you did need teamwork after the fixed the glitches and exploits but nothing about this game is or will be dynamic.

A three person mode sounds great to me. It's difficult for some of us to get on and play when there's a large group on. Or get on and message people about doing a raid and randoms off of LFG or some other place is used over "clan mates" so yea if I can get end game gear from a 3 person mode I'm all for it.

you do understand how hard it's going to be to get that gear right??? not through the arena... invitation style trial of o... good luck... and with your PvP skills??? yeah ok then... and to think mine are even worse... I will keep the dream alive for the "arena gear"

by dynamic I meant the way it got a big group of us together to shoot and talk and have a great time... as a big group... now we will be limited to three man "nighfall" style play... for the whole expansion, which yes, will still work, but having the six was pretty fun overall... minus the cheese... I was more meaning for the team/gameplay aspect... as for the way the raids can be cheesed??? that's the whole damn game including the 3 player stuff Nightfalls, etc... I am sure this "arena/horde mode" will be no exception...

Oh I know. That sucks that the best looking gear is reserved for pvp. It also sucks that this new patch is only geared towards pvp. But to be honest I think the 3 person team will be just as fun and less frustrating. You don't get stuck with terrible players unless your on Ryans team xD

I'm actually excited for this. The only thing, I don't know how many of you feel this, it seems like a tiny amount of content.

I'll be logging on to get my ranks close to rank.

I think players will begin dropping off at an earlier point now. When the game first can out, bounties and strikes were the main focus. Raiding is amazing but the majorityof pplayers did not raid.

Now that everyone has basically played every strike into the ground, this prison of elders better have different maps to keep pve attention. It seems like the game is shifting more into pvp though. I like pvp but I suck at it. So I have no exposure to the other 50% of the game. Many players feel the same. Two new strikes will not cut it. Remember, the reason it took long for the last player drop off was due to the influx of Christmas noobs. Now that they have had time to grind, you will see the drop off rate much quicker than the dark below. Unless the prison of elders is a huge hit.

I booked the 20+21 off for a long weekend. Let's rape some priests!

Oh I know. That sucks that the best looking gear is reserved for pvp. It also sucks that this new patch is only geared towards pvp. But to be honest I think the 3 person team will be just as fun and less frustrating. You don't get stuck with terrible players unless your on Ryans team xD

I'm actually excited for this. The only thing, I don't know how many of you feel this, it seems like a tiny amount of content.

I'll be logging on to get my ranks close to rank.

I think players will begin dropping off at an earlier point now. When the game first can out, bounties and strikes were the main focus. Raiding is amazing but the majorityof pplayers did not raid.

Now that everyone has basically played every strike into the ground, this prison of elders better have different maps to keep pve attention. It seems like the game is shifting more into pvp though. I like pvp but I suck at it. So I have no exposure to the other 50% of the game. Many players feel the same. Two new strikes will not cut it. Remember, the reason it took long for the last player drop off was due to the influx of Christmas noobs. Now that they have had time to grind, you will see the drop off rate much quicker than the dark below. Unless the prison of elders is a huge hit.

I booked the 20+21 off for a long weekend. Let's rape some priests!

terrible??? me??? I am a GOD at PvE...:) now PvP... that's a different story... I will probably take the week off, probably overkill I know for a day tops worth of content, but why not...

I noticed that the description under trials of Osiris shows that they will reveal footage and end game gear. But under the arena it doesn't mention anything about endgame gear.... Does this mean you have to recycle old gear and there won't be new ones?

unless that original ugly ass "raid gear" that had been posting for the last month or so is in fact the arena end game gear, or we may just be buffing what we have already... what I am curious is the proposed arena with 3 of us running around survival/horde mode, and if its the same RNG bullshit, that means no matter how well we do as  TEAM, we may get random rewards??? yikes... so you might get a sweet piece of gear, and I might get shit... I know it's the same with the raids, but at least with CE you EVENTUALLY drop a piece or two... as it is "tracking" your drops... The trials requirements will definitley be out of my league and comfort zone, so I am praying I have other options to get to 34...

love the weapon upgrade options... that is if they don't make us "drop" the new versions...

I'm thinking just like the rest of the game is rng. I'm thinking they may implement marks for each level you pass and then head to the new hub to meet Mark the vendor to trade in your marks for weapon and gear.

They will most likely have it like every other vendor in the game. You get to rank a million before you can get boots,gloves, one shader, and an armband, cloak or apron, and another million ranks to get a rare shader and helmet, weapons and body armor.

Let's see how this works.

I'm thinking just like the rest of the game is rng. I'm thinking they may implement marks for each level you pass and then head to the new hub to meet Mark the vendor to trade in your marks for weapon and gear.

They will most likely have it like every other vendor in the game. You get to rank a million before you can get boots,gloves, one shader, and an armband, cloak or apron, and another million ranks to get a rare shader and helmet, weapons and body armor.

Let's see how this works.

that makes sense as well... 500 hours of grinding the new arena mode, and I will get the armor I need/want... a PvE Iron Banner skimish mode... that works I guess... :)

I would have liked another raid more on the VoG style so hopefully they do finally add such a thing.

I am looking to how the new prison of elders works and hopefully it is fun.

I will be getting all my ranks close and more ranks for each character before this drops unfortunatly I'm away when they show prison of elders stuff so I will have to check it out when I'm back.

Trials of Osiris I'm a fair pvp player and if anyone wants to give it a go I'm down for it because as Lee said this game is just way better when in a party and no way I'm doing it with randoms!

The thing I'm also interested in is how fleshed out queens wrath might be providing it is coming.

Either way with it being summer I hope to spend less time on the ps4.

As for the destiny forums people will always moan you only have to read youtube comments to see that.

Bungie are habitual liars.  Originally, the game was like "everything as far as the eye can see is playable".  Then it's like "ok just that bit in the corner there".  I paid upfront for 2 expansions, and got to play bits of the game that were already present.  Ooh new armour! for what?  what are we going to do with it? Oh that's right we'll hide behind the crates on valus ta'aurc. 

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

Bungie are habitual liars.  Originally, the game was like "everything as far as the eye can see is playable".  Then it's like "ok just that bit in the corner there".  I paid upfront for 2 expansions, and got to play bits of the game that were already present.  Ooh new armour! for what?  what are we going to do with it? Oh that's right we'll hide behind the crates on valus ta'aurc. 

Crispy...

sounds like you are done... I wonder how many more will follow suit...

I'm frustrated.  It could have been better.  Sunday night I signed in, nobody about, turned it off again.  The people are what makes this game work for me, and the raids meant we could get more people having a shared experience.  Without people I know to play with, it's just a weak game with repetitive content.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

I'm frustrated.  It could have been better.  Sunday night I signed in, nobody about, turned it off again.  The people are what makes this game work for me, and the raids meant we could get more people having a shared experience.  Without people I know to play with, it's just a weak game with repetitive content.

agreed...

Honestly Crisp, I feel the same way too and I also get frustrated. But we'll have plenty of time to complain until comet drops. Plus I should be on more now that I don't have to write any more exams soon.

Nev,

Glad to hear... Been missing you... No homo...

Hopefully your testing went well!!???

I know even with great armor that is supposed to help us BUT we would get pummled by rockets and guns.