Advanced Warfare first thoughts

TigerBurge

Also, really quick....

This game handles like an IW game. It's flighty and airy (as well as their guns), unlike 3ARC games, which feel heavier and the movements and guns feel like they have real presence.

Not a big deal, but it'll take a bit to get used to.

DM9ON.png

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I'm not seeing that many snipers...

I have been quick scoped 4-5 times today but nothing major... And having picked up a sniper and had a quick look myself, the few times I did get done I had to appreciate the skill involved.

They seem really slow to scope up...

blackops2sig.jpg

Really? I'm not seeing that many snipers...

I have been quick scoped 4-5 times today but nothing major... And having picked up a sniper and had a quick look myself, the few times I did get done I had to appreciate the skill involved.

They seem really slow to scope up...

Just my luck, I guess.

DM9ON.png

For those who have played both I'd be interested in any comparisons with Titanfall. Is AW the same game just without Titans?

I haven't played my xbox one in months but after a few hours of AW I'd say there are only a few.

The maps are far reaching in titanfall whereby many maps ive played so far on AW are tightnit, free for all, smash and grab maps. However, the many different modes available in AW will mean you'll go down the list and eventually settle on 'your modes' rather than not having much choice with titanfall.

They're both similar speeds...I'm hoping to be swung by AW but you are making me think long and hard about turning my xbox one back on.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

For those who have played both I'd be interested in any comparisons with Titanfall. Is AW the same game just without Titans?

I prefer to think of it as just COD with the exo's ;)

I was a bit on edge with all the Titanfall comparisons but this game still retains the COD feel and is simply streets ahead. I thought this game would be a departure from the typical Call of Duty but it's no different than BO2 minus the extra mechanics and is by far a better game. Certainly a pleasant surprise and has perhaps given the series a kick up the behind after last year. 

You thinking of getting it Phil? 

I prefer to think of it as just COD with the exo's ;)

I was a bit on edge with all the Titanfall comparisons but this game still retains the COD feel and is simply streets ahead. I thought this game would be a departure from the typical Call of Duty but it's no different than BO2 minus the extra mechanics and is by far a better game. Certainly a pleasant surprise and has perhaps given the series a kick up the behind after last year. 

You thinking of getting it Phil? 

I'm used to playing COD on the Xbox but I've been practicing with MW2 and BO2 on the PC. I'll probably wait til I find it a bit cheaper :)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'm used to playing COD on the Xbox but I've been practicing with MW2 and BO2 on the PC. I'll probably wait til I find it a bit cheaper :)

Same with me. Ghosts was my first game since CoD 4 on PC and despite it being shit anyway, it felt a bit strange playing away from console although I've settled into AW pretty nicely and with the game being compatible with controllers; I'm handing it pretty well. The KB+M looks a bit too tricky to master and my old 360 pad from 2007 is tearing some players apart which is good! 

I may even invest in an Xbox One windows controller soon :)

Same with me. Ghosts was my first game since CoD 4 on PC and despite it being shit anyway, it felt a bit strange playing away from console although I've settled into AW pretty nicely and with the game being compatible with controllers; I'm handing it pretty well. The KB+M looks a bit too tricky to master and my old 360 pad from 2007 is tearing some players apart which is good! 

I may even invest in an Xbox One windows controller soon :)

I try and only use my xbox controller on the PC for driving games (and footie, impossible to play FIFA with KB+M), I've been trying to avoid the controller on FPS. However, the mouse aim is a bit weird in BO2 (possibly acceleration?) so I'm thinking of using the xbox controller.

Getting the adapter to use the xbox controller on PC was not sometinhg I ever expected to do but it's useful sometimes. I'll probably use it when GTAV comes out on PC.

I'm rambling and getting wayyyyyy off topic, sorry :)

I'll watch out for a free weekend Advanced Warfare on Steam, try before you buy and all that ;)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Tried playing tryhard and got pissed off with spawns and doing shit

Put on riot shield class, did better and enjoyed it a fuck load more.

Great addition to the series for me. I've just realised i may be past my cod prime. So it's time to stop tryharding and time to just have fun

Edit: Euan is still a cock

Tried playing tryhard and got pissed off with spawns and doing shit

Put on riot shield class, did better and enjoyed it a fuck load more.

Great addition to the series for me. I've just realised i may be past my cod prime. So it's time to stop tryharding and time to just have fun

Edit: Euan is still a cock

That's how I feel. I was running with the duel LMGs and was having fun

No longer can I play hours of COD I've found I get frustrated way quicker these days, its definatly better in a party tho.

I've pretty much classed it as something to put in to break from my main game.

Its a fair go by sledgehammer but its too much, its nothing really like COD unless you like to sit in corners and that's still the main problem made easier by maps that are still a little bit large but way too cluttered, uniforms seem too similar, why can't you reload on the run in this supposed fast paced game too many tines you get caught out reloading. There's no real choice in decent weapons the smgs suck compared to the ARs especially the ak and bal.

Until now I've never really wanted them to go back to more simplicity, I was wrong.

I tried this game at a mates house last night.

Better than expected but I had zero expectations so :)

Jumping is very much the same as on Destiny. Quite annoying at timea but also saved my ass a couple times.

The third AR ( dont recall the name) was pretty decent.

Lagged alot, players running in stillstand and my sight moved while I didnt touch the stick and lost connection several times but his wife and sister were watching movies on the same connection so probably the reason.

Got killed from behind A LOT!

Overall I had some fun actually. Undecided if I will buy it though.

I tried this game at a mates house last night.

Better than expected but I had zero expectations so :)

Jumping is very much the same as on Destiny. Quite annoying at timea but also saved my ass a couple times.

The third AR ( dont recall the name) was pretty decent.

Lagged alot, players running in stillstand and my sight moved while I didnt touch the stick and lost connection several times but his wife and sister were watching movies on the same connection so probably the reason.

Got killed from behind A LOT!

Overall I had some fun actually. Undecided if I will buy it though.

Should actually be names Call of Duty:Death from Behind.

Should actually be names Call of Duty:Death from Behind.

Indeed :)

The maps have so many places you have to cover and now you even have too look above you!

I was constantly checking my six but then someone was coming from the opposite direction.

And ttk seems fair but I felt I was getting killed faster than I dropped them. Blame that on latency as I bet they shot enough bullets but it didnt register that many on my end.

But it aas WAY better than Ghosts. Not saying much though.

Colours felt a little bland though, especially outside.

And they havent ditched revenge spawns this time either.

Honestly, I cannot say a single good thing about this game. The sound sucks, the graphics suck, the menus suck, the gameplay sucks, the lag sucks, the guns suck, the nades suck, the perks suck, the maps suck, the music sucks, the community sucks, the mute options suck... I wish I were exaggerating, but there is not a single facet of this game that is better than say MW3. It's a huge step backwards and is without a doubt the final nail in the coffin.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.