Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare | Reveal Trailer

J4MES OX4D

I have a idea. Stop worrying about the campaign and do nothing but multiplayer. Worked for Titanfall. I will work for CoD.

People will b*tch regarsdless. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I wonder who'll be the first Dev to ditch the campaign completely...

DM9ON.png

There's a campaign mode?? 

As long as i can go balls to the wall i don't really care, give me speedy rushing classes and no sit back and camp classes.

They should set it so that you have to run constantly 

I have a idea. Stop worrying about the campaign and do nothing but multiplayer. Worked for Titanfall. I will work for CoD.

Yep, this has been a debate for a few years now among the community. If they're going to include a campaign; they may as well make it worthwhile in my opinion. 4-6 hours of linear gameplay with scripted scenes, soulless combat and checkpoints is just becoming more pointless every year. I can understand why they want a foundation for the game but I'd rather just see them focus purely on the MP side which is what everyone buys the game for. 

Everyone went barmy with Riley this time last year but I kinda took a step back, knew the campaign would be hopeless and just didn't ride the hype. Turns out the story was worse than I expected and Riley was just a novelty edition that went on to multiply and piss everyone off in multiplayer!

Yep, this has been a debate for a few years now among the community. If they're going to include a campaign; they may as well make it worthwhile in my opinion. 4-6 hours of linear gameplay with scripted scenes, soulless combat and checkpoints is just becoming more pointless every year. I can understand why they want a foundation for the game but I'd rather just see them focus purely on the MP side which is what everyone buys the game for.

Everyone went barmy with Riley this time last year but I kinda took a step back, knew the campaign would be hopeless and just didn't ride the hype. Turns out the story was worse than I expected and Riley was just a novelty edition that went on to multiply and piss everyone off in multiplayer!

I actually didn't mind the campaign on Ghosts. It wasn't great but a lot better than past few CoD games.

I really enjoyed the campaigns in all three Modern Warfare games, and Ghosts was great up until the last scene.

Yea I enjoyed all three MW campaigns. Did not like either BO campaigns. Still WaW was my favorite hands down

Does this mean space shit?

I was just adjusting to the thought of it being a ww1 era shooter, thinking yay less gadgets and bullshit detection devices etc..

Now this! I'm not going to write it off already but, advanced warfare to me means silly gadgets and gizmos, tracker sights etc... Just a first thought...

blackops2sig.jpg

There's a campaign mode??

This is it for me....campaign gets looked at briefly if PSN is down.

I haven't completed a single campaign - my son thinks I'm mad but can they be that good if people can get through them so quickly?

I think you should buy the game as a MP and the campaign is the free bonus - maybe then acts would be got together?

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Does this mean space shit?

I was just adjusting to the thought of it being a ww1 era shooter, thinking yay less gadgets and bullshit detection devices etc..

Now this! I'm not going to write it off already but, advanced warfare to me means silly gadgets and gizmos, tracker sights etc... Just a first thought...

Well the buzz word seems to be 'exoskeleton' for this one and many insiders seem to be likening it to the stuff we see in Metal Gear Solid. Judging by the pictures, I'd say it's another near futuristic title which unfortunately blows yesterday's rumours out of the window by a good hundred-plus years :lol: 

I'd rather have a grounded COD that we can relate to. Black Ops 2 was excellent but at times a bit too far fetched for me. I miss the AC130 and Harrier days! 

Remember in Drift0r's leaked video a couple of months or so back when he claimed to have seen a few screenshots which looked very impressive and one was of the Golden Gate Bridge; well in the background here...

Bmj78BeCQAAZBt_.jpg

Another solid leak from that chap it seems then. 

Here's the video again for anyone that wants to be refreshed or hasn't seen it.

I'm not gonna lie; I am getting a little excited now!

I'd love another war era game. Thr first few iterations of cod were extremly good and each one improved in the genre. Whereas the "modern" day era games are now a little stale. So long as there's some good innovation and thought i'll be happy.

Ghosts screamed out to me that it was a game they didn't really give 2 shits about apart from microtransactions.

Plus don't be afraid to steal the good ideas from previous games. Pick 10, league play, killstreaks that you actually enjoy getting! etc etc...

With Destiny and the Division on the horizon they are really going to have to show something special to claw back some of the fanbase that was alienated in the last few games

No way it would be WW1.  That's such a boring setting for a multiplayer game.  Bolt actions and revolvers for everyone.  Killstreaks are mustard gas and wire obstacle.

I never bought Ghosts, my son got BO2 a year after it came out for Christmas or I wouldn't have it to play, most likely not going to buy whatever's next either.  BO was the last one I was excited about at launch.

Just seen the trailer, looks like CoD and Halo has a love child! Hope all the Sci-Fi nonsense isn't in multiplayer, that jumping could get very frustrating!

All in all I'm not impressed in the slightest with that trailer, too many things look rage inducing! Can't wait to pre order.

It's hard to say if i like the look of it or not, i can't even imagine how they begin to implement half the stuff in there for multiplayer but who knows. I imagine the jumping etc will be a perk?

The thing is we already have these mechanisms which we stamp to ourselves that do all the work, i remember seeing this one suit that could allow you to pick up something about 5 times as heavy as what you could normally lift. I can only imagine the same thing is possible in terms of jumping.

The thing about being able to jump around and move like that, it should hopefully stop people from sitting in corners because they'd prefer to be bouncing around. Either way the run shot will be op! 

Not really impressed at all to be honest. But not sure if that surprises me as all i'm interested in is multiplayer and the trailer only showcases single player.

Looks like it's trying to jump on a bandwagon of futuristic shooters like Titanfall and Halo rather than doing it's own thing. But if it does go down that route they'll have to do an awesome job to compete with Destiny which will already have a couple of months of release in the bank