FG Game of the Year 2023 - Nominations

WelchyTV

If you read the previous Game of the Year topic, you’ll know I’ve been planning this for a week or so! It’s time to start the process and determine the nominees! 

Everyone, please respond in this topic with the 5 games you want to nominate for Game of the Year! The only rule is that the game must have originally released in the year 2023 (e.g. if the game released on another console in 2022, but came to your console in 2023, this would not be eligible).

I will ‘Stop the count’ on Christmas Day. I will then open a poll after the Christmas break (hopefully the 29th/30th) with all the nominated games. We have a maximum entry of 20 games, so the games with the least amount of nominations will have to miss out if we have more than 20 nominated! So be sure to nominate the our favourite games even if you’ve seen someone else nominate it! 

I will post more about the poll voting process when that time is nearer, but for now reply to this post with your 5 nominations (or less if you haven’t played 5 games worthy of nomination!!)

If you can share this with as many different members as possible to make this is varied as a true representation of the Forever Gaming community! 

I will start the process with my 5 nominations in no particular order:

- Lies of P

- Spider-Man 2

- Star Wars Jedi Survivor 

- Sea of Stars

- Starfield

(A lot of ‘stars’ this year …)

My game of the year easily goes to Sea of Stars.  It was such a great experience that I can't recommend it enough.  And of course, my other 4 choices.  Lol

1: Sea of Stars

2: Cocoon

3: Hi-Fi Rush

4: Baldurs Gate 3

5: Metroid Prime Remastered

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

I realised looking at this topic, much of my list of games I've enjoyed most this year weren't released this year. But I'll do an honest top 5 even if my games don't make the final poll.

1. Zero Sievert 

2. Elden Ring

3. Escape From Tarkov

4. Cyberpunk 2077

5. Warhammer 40k Boltgun

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Thanks for the nominations so far everyone! 

We have a good selection of games already, but I will leave the nomination process open until the 28th to give a few more days for people to nominate if they would like to! 

Have a fantastic Christmas for all those who celebrate! 

I really find this hard from my angle as I'm in the boat where Phil is on games released not in this year. I've also been more interested in others thoughts than my own as it dictates what I buy next.

Having said all this, one game i played stood out from all the rest, so much so it was my 3rd highest played game this year - Hogwarts Legacy. Superb game, loved everything about it. Gameplay is super sharp and so enjoyable. My list is probably the below:

1. Hogwarts Legacy
  2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  3. Diablo 4
  4. Street Fighter 6
  5. Payday 3

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Thank you all for your nominations, this process is now officially closed! 

If you didn’t get a chance to nominate, hopefully your favourite games have already been nominated! 

I will post the official voting poll in the coming days, however a few stats for you: 

- Games officially nominated - 22 (too many for the poll!!) 

- Games nominated more than once - 5

- Most nominations - 3 (3 games had 3 nominations!) 

Keep an eye out for the poll!