MW3 beta first impressions

techno

On 10/16/2023 at 1:52 PM, techno said:

I am led to believe after watching Nero all mw2 weapons will carry over into mw3 and all the attachments you've unlocked plus skins etc. Wether you use them is upto you. @Plumbers Crack

It you look at the Battlepass progression it tells you that all items carry over. The skins, charms, stickers, tracks (except for the hummer). So I expect that the guns and attachments (directly or indirectly) which carry over as a result. You don't even need to buy the skins if you paid for the basic battlepass 

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

So, where have you been hiding yourself? 🙂

Over at Cals mums house, she does a cracking bacon sarnie.

Joking of course, I've never been to Ireland. 😜

I just took an unexpected break from Cod. 

I had grinded and camo everything in the game, I just kinda stopped playing for a bit and a few weeks turned into 3+ months. 

No doubt I will be back for the new one coming out. 

My aim will be shit and the SBMM will be ferocious. 

Maybe it might be the other way round. 

If I jump on now I will probably get a nuke. 😂

I'm probably gonna give MW3 a miss this year. I thought the beta was decent enough but not worth shelling out £60 for especially on what is a rushed continuation with content that has probably been withheld and intended for MW2 had it not fell off so spectacularly. I think Sledgehammer have made some crucial tweaks that the stubborn and quite frankly ignorant Infinity Ward should've addressed a year ago on what was extremely needless changes in the first place.

This week they have been absolutely crucified on Twitter from some of the biggest names in content creation, major news outlets like CharlieIntel and Modern Warzone plus even their own affiliated partners. It is absolutely insane that it's got to this stage and emotions have really boiled over when they decided to patch the event player count based on fake feedback after ignoring the community for almost a year. It should've never come to this and MW2 really suffered for it.

SHG seem to be getting off to a positive start especially after they've been under the cosh to get this done in less than 8 months but even with all the classic maps, I think they'd get a bit old after 20 ours or so, and as per usual, everyone is in the dark on season one content and its release.  Such s shame Activision couldn't create a Modern Warfare Trilogy framework where the games could be merged into one massive package but then again, they do not plan ahead whatsoever for things like this - just cash in on the quick and then clamber for more content to flog.

The movement and gunplay seems fluid - not quite MW2019 but way better than MW2. It's nice to see the classic maps reimagined but the ones in the beta looked a bit washed out and low in texture quality. I'd also be a bit apprehensive about the prospect of players bringing in paid bundle content against MW3's vanilla guns as I said previous and also seeing wacky camos right from the off. SBMM seemed tuned up and this is something Activision will not budge on or even talk about when confronted so it's set in stone and it looks hell this year.

So I hope everyone has a good time but I'll probably have a breather and return with Black Ops 12 or whatever number we're on with that now🤣 

It was Meh. But I got it anyways. I really liked the MW2 maps for the most part and I am hoping that I enjoy Zombies. The last blackops that all I played because I disliked the MP so much. 

If not that's the way it goes.  If I get 5-10 hours of enjoyment out of it, it about the same as going to the movies, games, theatre so I am ok with