Payday 3

phil bottle

I've never played any of these, but thankfully, it's on GP.  I may give this a go with you fine folks.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

It's going live at 4pm tomorrow and I have the gamepass version installed on my PC already. I hope the AI is better than PD2 lol

Anyone who get's it, let us know and we can do some co-op nights on it.

I haven't tried using Discord with console players, so that will be interesting and hopefully not a pain in the arse 🤪

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Had a quick session yesterday. 

There's a tutorial which will be handy for new player to payday.

The shooting is far better than the previous game, as is player movement.

I seemed to notice a little stutter though for the first shot when engaging in combat. I'll see on forums if that's a thing or if it was just me. To be fair it was 1 hour after launch.

Was busy yesterday so I was only on for a bit, I'll be on it again over the weekend.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I found the tutorial to be shit. It tells you nothing about the game mechanics. I had to look online to find out how to do stealth takedowns and even how to use thermite. 

If you've never played this series before then it's very much just trial and error til you work out how the game works. 

fart.gif

Not had time to play it but u hear launch had a few issues and server problems.

@MrBiron I think the first heist is supposed to be used as an extended tutorial but yeah, a lot of things to learn if you've not played PD2.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I've seen the server issues too, mainly impacting joining together so I'm glad we didn't try this at any point last week! I've picked it up on PS5 so I'll get it installed and see how it plays.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I've seen the server issues too, mainly impacting joining together so I'm glad we didn't try this at any point last week! I've picked it up on PS5 so I'll get it installed and see how it plays.

Sweet, gimme a shout when you do and I'll jump on with you 🖖

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 9/25/2023 at 7:58 AM, Luseth said:

This is crossplay isn't it? I have game pass at the moment so could give it a go with you guy's at some point ^_^

When are you about? I think 3 or 4 of us have access to the game now, so we can sort out a session on it.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

9 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

When are you about? I think 3 or 4 of us have access to the game now, so we can sort out a session on it.

I will download it this evening, Wednesday evening, Friday and Sunday are probably going to be my best options 🙂

Luseth.png

Played a couple of hours last night first with Leeeeeeeeigh, which was tough but fun and then Matt joined and even better. Need a 4th player.

I know @MrBiron has it and @Diddums better not be over promising and under delivering, innit 🫡

I can also send folk a 14 day access to pc gamepass, so just gimme a shout.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Great night @phil bottle and @Luseth. Really enjoyed chilling out on it and then working out a way to do it next time round. A fourth person will totally help for sure but I hope even more get it. Reminds me a little but of heists on GTA we used to do but probably slightly better as its FPS and different ways you can do each mission.

I hated the ironsights initially on the CAR-4 AR you get as I couldn't really see where I was aiming but we soon worked out, the cash you get from doing a job, you can spend on upgrading and customising weapons. Red Dot sight for £10k wasn't too bad and significantly changed my shooting. And yes, Pink coloured guns are available for a small fee, aren't they Matt? 🤣

15-20ish minutes per job so far it feels like. I think thats pretty decent timing. Not even sure how many jobs are in the game but given its £35, I don't think they'll be millions initially.

Oh, and we all went full throttle on testing crossplay! Me on PS5, Phil on PC and Matt and Xbox. We used Discord for chat through each device and its worked great! Funny how its been around for ages but I know many of us just haven't really needed to use it much, so its good to know everything was all good and worked a treat.

58 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

And yes, Pink coloured guns are available for a small fee, aren't they Matt? 🤣

I feel like you don't get video games sometimes, it's always about the way you look, what colour guns you have, how crazy your hair style is etc. Forget playing the game and chatting to friends.

Luseth.png

I wasn't aware this game had so many post-launch issues 

Huge drop-off in players and many seem to have returned or stayed with Payday 2. Game seems to be suffering from sequel syndrome like Kerbal Space Program 2. Really disappointing to see a developer accomplish so much for years on one game and then completely bollocks up the safe sequel as it tries to get back to square one. 

On 11/15/2023 at 2:14 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

Huge drop-off in players and many seem to have returned or stayed with Payday 2

Always a niche game so don't see how that wasn't expected. Its pretty solid in my eyes - just likely needs more content to drop within the next 3-6 months and hardcore Payday gamers will slowly transition over. I would still recommend people get this for the price that it is. Its not trying to be a AAA game.