Male Hair Loss

LordBaguette

Was thinking about doing this thread for a while. So as men, we are all going to go through this, or have / are going through male pattern baldness in various stages. I recently last year shaved my head, just because the top was thnning out so much, and it was genuinely making me very self conscious and depressed. I figured the best option was just to get rid. At first I wasnt convinced, but after a month or 2 it grew on me (well the opposite xD), I got used to it, and now its just me. 

I guess my overall point of this thread is to ask everyone how they feel about their current hair situation, how it makes you feel, do you care, do you have a plan or just any thoughts related to male hair loss in general. I feel like its a topic that isnt discussed enough especially when concerning mens mental health

cba

11 minutes ago, LordBaguette said:

So as men, we are all going to go through this, or have / are going through male pattern baldness in various stages.

Speak for yourself!!  It may be grey but I've still got a full head of hair - cheek!!

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

On 6/10/2023 at 10:00 PM, Luseth said:

I mean both my granddads still have plenty of hair so I cant say I have really considered whether or not I would lose it. Lifes too short back and sides to worry about it ^_^

Fixed that for ya!!

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Good thoughts mate @LordBaguette. I like Matt's life is too short mentality but can also share I'd be gutted if i did lose my hair because I enjoy the way I look with all my hair. I just don't think I'll suit a shaved head...and also expecting my head to have loads of random shapes in it 😅

Apparently you are supposed to inherit similar traits to your Mum's family side and one generation above (essentially your Grandad), but i'm hoping it follows my Dad's because he has a full flock of hair whereas my other Grandad ended up with about 14 strands of hair on top for years.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

6 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Good thoughts mate @LordBaguette. I like Matt's life is too short mentality but can also share I'd be gutted if i did lose my hair because I enjoy the way I look with all my hair. I just don't think I'll suit a shaved head...and also expecting my head to have loads of random shapes in it 😅

Apparently you are supposed to inherit similar traits to your Mum's family side and one generation above (essentially your Grandad), but i'm hoping it follows my Dad's because he has a full flock of hair whereas my other Grandad ended up with about 14 strands of hair on top for years.

I think that's untrue. My mom's Father was bald. So is my brother, (Prince William would look at him and go look at that bald guys 🙂)

I kind of have the Santa look but plenty of hair. 

I'm alright hair-wise, just started going grey a bit early. Mind you, the old man was totally grey by the end of his 20s so I've done a bit better than that lol

Interesting topic when you bring in mental health.

Capitalism only presents idealised beautiful people in its adverts. There's lots of psychology behind it and we get bombarded with these images and messages from a very young age. It's no wonder it fucks with our heads. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

i used to have a full head of thick and strong hair until my early adulthood, but i started having a bit of thinning on the sides on the top of the head but nothing too major, i thought i was in the clear and just inherited the genes from my father's side and it would stop there, sadly the past 3-4 years it has started progressing again and i fear it will go all the way like the men from my mum's side. not going to lie but i am starting to feel like shit about it lately, it was one of the few thing i liked about me, guess it's one more thing i don't like that i will have to get used to

On 6/13/2023 at 11:21 AM, Tar-Eruntalion said:

not going to lie but i am starting to feel like shit about it lately, it was one of the few thing i liked about me, guess it's one more thing i don't like that i will have to get used to

On 6/12/2023 at 8:50 PM, phil bottle said:

Interesting topic when you bring in mental health.

I feel this a hell of a lot. Its like with most things, we can joke and a laugh but actually there's probably someone down the line that feels really crap about it. I can relate with that feeling John, I've actually started to wash my hair with less shampoo and other things like conditioners. Sometimes we forget there is so many things in those bottles that actually work against you, even if it makes your hair smell nice!

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Can't remember when I finally said fuck it where's the clippers but I've been fine with it for 2 reasons.

1) zero looking after other than getting our lass to re-shave it ever 3-4 weeks as leaving it too long and I go all worzel Gummidge.

2) it costs fuck all for a hair cut...win😁

Reviving the thread just to hopefully help anyone here if they feel bad about their hair. Attached pic was just before I shaved it off, just couldn’t be arsed anymore with it 

4399D5D6-E532-4A3E-9597-25A5306963D0.jpeg

cba