Gollum

When this was announced I thought it really odd, it's a game no one has ever asked for. Gollum has never been a particularly exciting character and whilst sneaking games have a place if you are going to be in the lord of the rings world you want to be killing hundreds of orcs, knocking them off castle walls and all that stuff.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if the two towers and return of the king games get remade at some point.

Luseth.png

Just realised this game is made by Daedalic Entertainment - they've really dropped the ball with this one as most of their games are of really good quality from design to execution. 

22 hours ago, Luseth said:

When this was announced I thought it really odd, it's a game no one has ever asked for. Gollum has never been a particularly exciting character and whilst sneaking games have a place if you are going to be in the lord of the rings world you want to be killing hundreds of orcs, knocking them off castle walls and all that stuff.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if the two towers and return of the king games get remade at some point.

I'm gonna guess they wanted a piece of the LOTR licence but weren't willing to pay top dollar for a premium part of it so they instead got themselves some cast-off portion of it. Bit like how the Vampire Masquerade and Warhammer IP's have their licences wide open now but at varying costs. They're definitely not gonna make a return on this that's for sure! 

15 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I swear to god every new release these days comes with a day one developer apology

FxEKsI6WAAA7gim?format=png&name=large

It's becoming a normal trend now. Absolute shambles!

The prices keep increasing yet the quality just keeps on going down. The game industry really is a shitty industry.

fart.gif

Daedalic are shutting down their developer-portion of the studio and laying off a third of staff after this disaster. They will focus solely on publishing going forward. Real shame as they were perfectly capable of maklng games but I will never understand why they made this turd. It was doomed as a concept even on paper. 

23 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Daedalic are shutting down their developer-portion of the studio and laying off a third of staff after this disaster. They will focus solely on publishing going forward. Real shame as they were perfectly capable of maklng games but I will never understand why they made this turd. It was doomed as a concept even on paper. 

This is the only real sad thing about this stuff. Clearly a decision early on in the development switched the game direction and most devs surely wouldn't have been happy releasing this game in the state it is in. Now they also get to lose their jobs on top of that. Super tough industry when decisions that impact the game probably happened 2-4 years ago.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb