Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

Even with Mourinho not being able to spend £400m in the summer on a couple of players; they should have beaten the likes of Brighton regardless with the team they have. Pogba has gone from being a world cup winner to getting slapped around by football league veterans. 

We were awful yesterday, Brighten fully deserved their win.

Our defense was the worst i've ever seen it, Gary Neville said it right when he said that every defender we have just dives in. There's no controller or any belief! I don't know what Jose is doing but i'm sick of this half arsed attempt at kicking a ball around for an hour and a half. Pathetic. 

3 minutes ago, ChaosGladiator said:

Jose needs to go. That much is obvious. Hopefully to a different league 😄

Nah, I'd like to see him stay at Man Utd and guide them to a 12th place finish behind Bournemouth and Watford😎

I do think he'll walk soon though and he'll be able to blame the lack of transfer activity as the problem despite spending heavily in his tenure at the club already on some players who have badly under-performed. 

On 8/20/2018 at 1:43 PM, ChaosGladiator said:

Jose needs to go. That much is obvious. Hopefully to a different league 😄

I wouldn't tbh. As much as he's having a rough time atm he adds some character to the Premier League. It needs some personality.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I wouldn't tbh. As much as he's having a rough time atm he adds some character to the Premier League. It needs some personality.

I think he's a spent force now sadly.  Ever since the Eva Caniero incident, he has lost a lot of respect in the game from fans to even players and fellow managers plus his style of football is dated and easily exploited now.  I don't think he's happy at United and I don't think anyone else is at the club either plus the fans seem pretty bored with his football. The way he treats players like Luke Shaw is also disrespectful and pretty disgusting.  The likes of Klopp and Guardiola who are excellent man-managers are much more likable and entertaining characters who play scintillating football whereas Mourinho  is more desperate than Cheryl Cole to stay in the limelight. 

If you also said a few years ago that United would be losing to teams like Burnley,  Bournemouth, Brighton, Huddersfield and relegated WBA, it would seem like an unreal statement. I think it would be best for all parties if everyone moves on because nobody seems to be happy at Old Trafford now. 

He wanted a defender, the reason became very obvious lasr night. 

But when you miss open goals and don't score on 22 attempts, you lose.  They didn't have one single chance in the first half. 

The focus on Mourinho and his defensive problems is getting very tedious. Utd actually played very well for much of the first half.

They got beaten by a better team, that's all.

The chat should be about how good Spurs are, not the drama of the no longer special one [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

The focus on Mourinho and his defensive problems is getting very tedious. Utd actually played very well for much of the first half.

The chat should be about how good Spurs are, not the drama of the no longer special one emoji41.png

Well put. 

But I would say they got beaten by a more effective team, not a better team. 

Saido Berahino has just scored his first goal in two and a half years. Remember when he was trying to force his way out of West Brom to get Champions League football as he thought he was THAT good....

To put it fully into perspective; Harry Kane has scored over 100 goals in that time. 

21 hours ago, phil bottle said:

The chat should be about how good Spurs are, not the drama of the no longer special one emoji41.png

I didn't watch it but I'd go with this. Too much talk is always about how shit the team that lost not how good the winning team was. Plus, Spurs are a better team than Utd now with Poch.

No one else can save Utd imo other than Mourinho. I dont think he has full freedom on his transfers otherwise he would be sorting their poor areas. He's good because he is ruthless which doesn't sit overly well with British culture but that doesn't mean he isn't the right man. We forget they came 2nd out of everyone else behind Man City. Premier League position is where its at - thats why I have a slightly negative opinion of Liverpool because they don't treat the Prem how other teams do. Has to be number 1 priority.

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Premier League position is where its at - thats why I have a slightly negative opinion of Liverpool because they don't treat the Prem how other teams do. Has to be number 1 priority.

Has anyone actually asked Klopp what his number 1 priority is this season? With last years squad, it would always have been CL qualification, but now he has a genuinely good squad, I think his main target would be winning the Prem to wipe out the SG slip memories.

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

2 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Has anyone actually asked Klopp what his number 1 priority is this season? With last years squad, it would always have been CL qualification, but now he has a genuinely good squad, I think his main target would be winning the Prem to wipe out the SG slip memories.

Talk of Liverpool's season targets have been quiet actually but it's quietly assumed they will be expected to mount a challenge for the title and to close the gap on City's dominance. They really need to win some silverware though just as something tangible.  They did so well last year and had nothing to show for it but even some pottery or something to put in the cabinet is needed really. 

Champions League has been drawn - didn't even know it was happening! Spurs v Barcelona, PSG v Liverpool, Man Utd v Juventus and Hoffenheim v Lyon are my personal picks. 

Group A: Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Monaco, Club Brugge.

Group B: Barcelona, Tottenham, PSV Eindhoven, Inter Milan.

Group 😄 Paris St-Germain, Napoli, Liverpool, Red Star Belgrade.

Group 😧 Lokomotiv Moscow, Porto, Schalke, Galatasaray.

Group E: Bayern Munich, Benfica, Ajax, AEK Athen.

Group F: Manchester City, Shakhtar Donetsk, Lyon, Hoffenheim.

Group G: Real Madrid, Roma, CSKA Moscow, Viktoria Plzen.

Group H: Juventus, Manchester United, Valencia, Young Boys

Sunderland v Oxford tomorrow and a crowd of 30,000+ expected which is mental for League One. What's weird is that Sunderland are now ran by a consortium of Oxford United fans too! Last time we played them was at the Stadium of Light 20 years ago and they grabbed a lucky 7-0 victory😎 

This isn't against you Dave in how I say this but for a club like Liverpool, why should it ever not be Prem first, especially with their history? Thats their problem, they don't give the PL the respect it deserves. Brendan Rodgers did and they just didn't have that luck when Gerrard slipped...could be a different story if that hadn't have happened.
Sunderland v Oxford tomorrow and a crowd of 30,000+ expected which is mental for League One. What's weird is that Sunderland are now ran by a consortium of Oxford United fans too! Last time we played them was at the Stadium of Light 20 years ago and they grabbed a lucky 7-0 victory[emoji41] 
Good luck James! You may need it with their momentum building.