Favourite Maps So Far?

J4MES OX4D

I think this is one of the strongest line-ups of core maps we've had in Call of Duty since the original Black Ops. I don't think there's any that truly stand out as iconic but they are all really well made and matches flow superbly. I quite like London Docks and Sainte Marie Du Mont along with Gibraltar and they feel very appropriate for COD. Jury is still out on Gustav Cannon and I can't decide if that's a shocking map or something ingenious - it does look fantastic though and something a bit different. 

I'd take these over the hell that was Stonehaven, Siege, Chasm, Free Fall and every map seen in Infinite Warfare along with Black Ops 3's cartoony ones with conveniantly placed walls to run on and places to jump over.  Sledgehammer have done a good job with these and that's without DrDisrespect as designer! 

Pointe de Hoc on TDM is great. Gibraltar is ok I guess.

Guatav Cannon is one of the worst maps in history unless you're a sniper.

Don't care much for London Docks either. But haven't really learned the maps good enough yet.

I haven't got anywhere near understanding the maps yet so don't know if they are good or bad! But I agree, they all look fantastic.

USS Texas looks similar to Hijacked with some subtle differences. It favours snipers though which is a PITA.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Can't say I have a favourite map tbh non stand out and as usual they're all full of head glitching spots  and you can get shot from anywhere, opposition players blend into the background because it's all he same bland pallet, I know authentic look etc,   so I look forward to really dumb gingerbread soldiers.

At this point I'd find it easier to pick a map that's just slightly not as bad as the others. The one with the library and the odd wall you can't see over and the German flags hanging from the building in the spawn it seems the least clisterfucky.

13 minutes ago, techno said:

The one with the library and the odd wall you can't see over and the German flags hanging from the building in the spawn it seems the least clisterfucky.

And the most campy as there's nook and crannies everywhere.

My favourite so far is Pointe du Hoc on tdm. No sniping.

3 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

Is it just me or is it fewer maps than usual this year?

There are the least amount of maps for any COD released to date = 9. That's it! I suppose you could argue that there are 12 if you count the 3 for War but War is a separate mode.

fart.gif

Eh, this is pretty far from the standard of the good old maps like the Jungle one from BO1, Favela from MW2, Estate from MW2, all the maps from MW3 and even some of the ones from Ghosts. These maps they all feel like they have the same layout. 3 straight lines on a rectangular map with several pathways leading from one line to the other (yes, some maps have an inside area you can enter and in some places even get to an elevated position, but my argument still stands). Only map to not follow these criteria is the trench/bunker map (which people have already figured out how to glitch into the map to become invincible on) and that saddens me. As a "run & gun" type of player 80% of the time I can no longer flank the enemy team. If I don't run head into all of them, you can be damn sure I'll be picked off by a lone sniper sitting in his spawn covering one of the 3 straight lines. I feel like Sledgehammer or whoever made the game just dropped the bar of soap in the prison showers, got assfucked by all the little 13 years olds moaning about the enemy getting in behind them and went for the most simple maplayout they could and made them all look good in order to make up for how bad they actually are.

Either that or they put a ton of effort into the War game mode and got lazy when it came to how the maps for the rest of the modes actually play.

MW2 and Black Ops had maps that have never been equalled.

Remember when you used to know the names of all the maps really easily...

Favela, Havana, Firing Range, Summit and many more with DLC, loved Kowloon for example.

The latest COD does have better maps than the last few iterations though.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I used to love Quarry.  Thinking back to MW2 the maps seemed to be so much better.  Maybe I'm being kind on games I no longer play, but they felt bigger and less random spawns seemed to help.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

5 minutes ago, techno said:

I disagree, personally I think blops3 had better maps than any on ww2.

Blops 3? They were the best maps for the jet pack generation I agree... but I quite like the new maps, then I haven't played enough to start hating any of them :)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Blops 3? They were the best maps for the jet pack generation I agree... but I quite like the new maps, then I haven't played enough to start hating any of them [emoji4]

Im opposite I don't like any especially Gustav cannon but need to play more for them to grow on me [emoji3]

Via the FG App

1 hour ago, techno said:

Im opposite I don't like any especially Gustav cannon but need to play more for them to grow on me emoji3.png

Via the FG App

Gustav Cannon can go fuck itself! And take USS Texas with it.

I like Point du Hoc best so far. Less obvious camping spots. Gibraltar isn' too bad either.

So many people camp in their spawn than in earlier games. Sometimes the whole team won't move.

Haven't people been wanting 3 lined maps back for a long time? I kinda like that but the map layout makes it too easy to just camp in yout spawn with a sniper.

Only 9 core maps is beginning to take its toll especially when a couple are already ones I dislike (Gustav and the ship) 

The likes of MW2 launched with something like 16 maps and WW2 has the smallest selection by far out of all the COD games. Although there is 3 war maps; those are only built for that mode so the core selection is very limited. It makes me wonder about DLC too - I can see there being 3 core maps, 1 war and one zombies which wouldn't be ideal if you're just into regular multiplayer modes and don't play zombies or war. 

I would have thought WW2 would have at least 12/13 maps plus 3 war ones. Activision have already leaked the first DLC in Jan and map images were found in the encryted files of the gold build which suggests at least 3 maps (Paris, Prague and another) were removed/withheld prior to launch. 

I do like most of the maps but the total count is very disappointing.