FG Minecraft Server

The3rdWalker

Roguelike Dungeons is the next one. This puts stuff in the real world. I took way to many pics, so just going to link directly to an album:

These structures are typically about 3 levels deep. They can spawn in oceans. They have a lot of gravel in their builds so the ocean ones tend to be flooded. They are easily repaired though. The deeper you go, the worse the damage is that needs to be repaired. All in all, I love these towers. They make amazing mid game bases once you clear out the spawners and set up enough trees and lamps. 

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

3 hours ago, Sennex said:

Need to restart. Sorry

Via the FG App

This is a bit cryptic. As in, I need to start from the beginning? 

I note the resource packs are in my drive but not in the options when playing the game. I still don't know if that should or should not be.

The game does say it has 3 active mods if that's any indication

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Phil, I was replying to Greboth, but since I was on phone, it didn't quote him as it should, However!

When you load the game up, in the lower left hand corner, if it doesn't say this:

Then something is wrong. Let me know, and I will try to direct you how to fix it

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

6 minutes ago, Sennex said:

Phil, I was replying to Greboth, but since I was on phone, it didn't quote him as it should, However!

When you load the game up, in the lower left hand corner, if it doesn't say this:

Then something is wrong. Let me know, and I will try to direct you how to fix it

It doesn't take a lot to confuse me.

My load up screen has all that except the Optifine line isn't present in mine...and I don't have quite as many mods as 83, I have 3

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Yea, so something is wrong. Are you sure you followed the instructions I provided?

27 minutes ago, PlasticGaming said:

I'm just getting back to this thread. I'll donate the rest needed for the year, tonight. 60?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's ace dude. Yes, 60 would be great. Thank you Rob. 

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

6 hours ago, Sennex said:

I didn't realise you were replying to me either so I just deleted it.  It came up with an error with a list of items that would be removed and continuing loaded the game like normal and it seems to have continued working.  TBH I'm not really to bothered, single player was only to help me get used to pc controls before the server came live.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Yep, Phil spotted a problem I didn't expect, in that I had set up permissions, but never finished defining them. So Phil wasn't able to chop down trees. 

Crispy got on, and everything worked out well.

I need to write up a set of commands that you all have access to. It is going to be a bit before I do that. I am juggling a lot right now.

Working on the spawn area now. 

Chopping trees and what not from around the ziggurat. 

I will clear out some of the water, and build an inn, farm, and some roads.

I also placed a chest at the very top of the spawn point loaded with pork chops. Take a stack or 3.

Let me know if it gets emptied.

I'll be jumping on this evening to take a look around and can help with building and setting up a farm so we have a good base location.

One thing, I thought of last night was; how do nights go on the server? Can you skip them? I presume the only way it could work would be the night only skips if everyone on the server goes to bed.

50 minutes ago, crispymorgan said:

I've staked my claim for a bit of land, but I'll help with a communal bit too. 

Must not put TNT under Crispy's house....must resist......must fight urge! :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Greboth said:

Must not put TNT under Crispy's house....must resist......must fight urge! :lol: 

Yep he can claim as many stakes as he likes but all the "I'm doing my own thing and maybe I'll help out you guys when I feel like it" vibe means his structures might as well be made of straw and yes, I'm the big bad wolf :D

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

39 minutes ago, crispymorgan said:

obsidian hactually. 

Oh jesus, good luck dude that will take forever to build

Also, as an aside, I believe TNT is blocked from destroying blocks as it is tied to mobGriefing (Enderman, and Creepers), I need to test that

Don't worry @phil bottle I haven't annexed half the island.  I've got a tiny bit where I've set up shop (fud etc)  I'll be spending pretty much all my time doing community stuff (and occasionally killing wolves).  My favourite trick is using a creeper skin and scaring the crap out of people.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

Don't kill the wolves! Feed them bones, and they will protect you from zombies and skeletons. Then feed them zombie flesh to heal them.

Breed more! 

Oh yea, I am all for people making livestock farms, but don't go nuts yet. Need to make sure that everything works out well on the server side. 

The one in the character screen is 2x2 grid

the crafting table is a 3x3 grid

Most things require the 3x3 grid, if it doesn't then you can craft out of your backpack

This all seems interesting, bloody incomprehensible and an enormous time sink!! :lol:

Can anyone provide a link to a guide to Minecraft for a completely ignorant noob?

Anyone know if there's a playable demo to see if you like it before buying into it?

it appears to be available for the iPad...anyone know if that's any good?

If you had the iPad or PS4 version, would you be able to join in with the PC guys on the FG server?

Thanks guys :)

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork