High on Life

Riff Machine

This one dropped today on PC, Xbox and Game Pass.  An interesting FPS by the creators of Rick and Morty.  I downloaded it and I'll give it a go tonight but it's been receiving some mixed reviews so far.  It's been called a "sloppy shooter" or "generic shooter" and the humour bits are either hit or miss depending on the player.  Thank god it's on GP then.  Lol

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

On 12/13/2022 at 10:06 PM, Riff Machine said:

This one dropped today on PC, Xbox and Game Pass.  An interesting FPS by the creators of Rick and Morty.  I downloaded it and I'll give it a go tonight but it's been receiving some mixed reviews so far.  It's been called a "sloppy shooter" or "generic shooter" and the humour bits are either hit or miss depending on the player.  Thank god it's on GP then.  Lol

Yeah let us know! If the shooting is decent I'll give it a spin.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I played through the intro/prologue last night.  I gotta say, that intro had me laughing my ass off.  Aside from that, the shooting seems fairly generic.  It’s nothing I’d say is revolutionary, but the controls are pretty tight.  

Ok, I'm really enjoying this game.  It's still got me laughing and chuckling along as I fight my way through each bounty mission.  I picked up my second living gun, which is a shotgun/disc launcher that can create platforms in hot wall areas.  I also just got a Series X, so running this on that is silky smooth too.  

I installed it yesterday and I agree, it runs really well on the Xbox. 

Also think "chuckling along" fits my experience too. Some reviewers made me prepared for cringe but I'm pleasantly surprised. 

I stuck it on the hardest difficulty which I almost regretted for the first boss fight. There's no way I'm turning down the difficulty as I imagine the game will laugh at me for pussying out 😅

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I just finished this tonight and man, that was fucking fun!  does it do anything revolutionary to improve the standard FPS formula?  Nope.  But, it was a blast from beginning to end.  Set your controller down without pausing and leave it.  After a few moments, the main gun "Kenny" will chastise and lecture you on not pausing and say things like "who the fuck does that anyway?"

I'd chalk this one up as my top xbox game of the year.  So much so, that I may do another run through just to finish up some achievements.  Awesome game!

6 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

I just finished this tonight and man, that was fucking fun!  does it do anything revolutionary to improve the standard FPS formula?  Nope.  But, it was a blast from beginning to end.  Set your controller down without pausing and leave it.  After a few moments, the main gun "Kenny" will chastise and lecture you on not pausing and say things like "who the fuck does that anyway?"

I'd chalk this one up as my top xbox game of the year.  So much so, that I may do another run through just to finish up some achievements.  Awesome game!

I’ve been seeing clips of this game on TT etc. looks funny as fuck. It even got to the point where I was considering buying an Xbox to play it 😂.

I saw a clip in game where you had to shoot a kid but the gun wouldn’t let you and sent you on a guilt trip 😂😂 or when you don’t shoot when your being shot at he screams at you for o smash every button and do something 😂😂

awesome. 

8 hours ago, MrBiron said:

I started playing this the other day and it had me properly lolling. The knife is especially funny.

Knifey is great!  

Speaking of Knifey, We got some new DLC that dropped for High on Life today, called High on Knife!!  There's a sweet bundle that nets you the main game and DLC at the moment for $23 CDN.  I'm gon abe playing this at some point this week, and take a short break from cyberpunk.

Makes me want to get an Xbox Series @Riff Machine . Just to chill out on the sofa and play a game that just sounds hilarious and feels great. Did you play it on Xbox or with an Elite Controller on your PC?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

6 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Makes me want to get an Xbox Series @Riff Machine . Just to chill out on the sofa and play a game that just sounds hilarious and feels great. Did you play it on Xbox or with an Elite Controller on your PC?

I played it on Xbox, but it's available on PS5 now.