DMZ

cyberninja2601

I know that a lot of people seem disinterested in playing it but I have spent a fair amount of time in it and it's not bad.

It's kind of relaxed and a great way to level up guns (and XP which I don't need).  I think to go up 3-4 level with the guns per session when I solo.

This afternoon I managed to extract 7 times, kill 5 players in one session, get some challenges done. 

When I get tired to DOM. KC and TDM  it's something else to do

People should give it a chance

The co-ops are trash in my opinion. I got my operators and I will never do them again. It's unfortunate because I quite liked the 2019 MW co-ops

It's a pretty good mode but I think Infinity Ward did a miserable job when promoting it at its exclusive event as they didn't really tell the content creators what the mode entailed or really talk about its potential going forward. They left the impression that it was just another Hazard Zone with a wannabe Tarkov approach and we've had very little from them since. It definitely needs more variety and I think they need to add manual drops points because the spawns make it too easy to intercept other players pathing and then reveal the activity POI's after everyone has landed. They should also remove the weapon extract alert on players because it just makes it too easy to camp on someone leaving or mow them down when they are en-route. The extraction point reveal should be enough and then the onus should be on players to intercept the rival rather than have the info on a plate at every opportunity.  

I hope IW continue to develop and support the mode but I think it will be dependent on player counts and income potential their end. It's a nice escape from MP and the hell that is WZ2. 

3 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

It's a pretty good mode but I think Infinity Ward did a miserable job when promoting it at its exclusive event as they didn't really tell the content creators what the mode entailed or really talk about its potential going forward. They left the impression that it was just another Hazard Zone with a wannabe Tarkov approach and we've had very little from them since. It definitely needs more variety and I think they need to add manual drops points because the spawns make it too easy to intercept other players pathing and then reveal the activity POI's after everyone has landed. They should also remove the weapon extract alert on players because it just makes it too easy to camp on someone leaving or mow them down when they are en-route. The extraction point reveal should be enough and then the onus should be on players to intercept the rival rather than have the info on a plate at every opportunity.  

I hope IW continue to develop and support the mode but I think it will be dependent on player counts and income potential their end. It's a nice escape from MP and the hell that is WZ2. 

It does say DMZ beta so I am hopeful that we see improvements

I agree with you about the weapon case. 

I would also like to see that all party members get the reward if there is one.  It pisses me off to do all the work just to have a team mate scoop it and take off

The AI is also too strong. If they were human the would be accused of AIMbot with wall hacks. Yesterday I got shot from while inside a building through the window when I hadn't even engaged the enemy and was crouched. That's just plain ridiculous 

The DMZ is absolutely fantastic. Such a great game mode to chill on and i'd say the only downfall is we can't group up with more players on it. The AI is quite hard in places which really adds to the difficulty and the PvE missions just keep making you want to go back in for more stuff. Outside of that, you then can be sidetracked midway through a run because something will happen in a part of the map, which is really great to add to the unpredictability of each try. We had a run the other night with @James5497  and @MrBiron  when a Weapon Case got picked up and marked it on the map. We decided to change plans and take the armoured truck we just dropped off for a bounty and it was a race against time. Just got there with the Helicopter down to extract, we ran them over and shot them clean out. Picked up the case, extracted and got 'Caution Tape' Weapon Blueprint!

Honestly, when you have 2 or 3 of you and waiting for others to come, this is the gamemode to have a few go's on. So many others enjoy it too here.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

It's a great mode. You can really get people to rage in it and sometimes to hilarious results.

Yesterday I decided to solo and went in without a gun. Couldn't find the dam things. Two operators came around in a car. So I hid. As one of the guys was looking at something I punched in the face a got a nose breaker.

Dropped my C4 on top him. Waited from a distance. Buddy  comes around to revive.   Boom!   Needless to say they said a bunch of things about my heritage and my mom 🙂

Picked up their M4 and LMG and went on my merry way. Far more fun that DOM or TDM

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

The DMZ is absolutely fantastic. Such a great game mode to chill on and i'd say the only downfall is we can't group up with more players on it. The AI is quite hard in places which really adds to the difficulty and the PvE missions just keep making you want to go back in for more stuff. Outside of that, you then can be sidetracked midway through a run because something will happen in a part of the map, which is really great to add to the unpredictability of each try. We had a run the other night with @James5497  and @MrBiron  when a Weapon Case got picked up and marked it on the map. We decided to change plans and take the armoured truck we just dropped off for a bounty and it was a race against time. Just got there with the Helicopter down to extract, we ran them over and shot them clean out. Picked up the case, extracted and got 'Caution Tape' Weapon Blueprint!

Honestly, when you have 2 or 3 of you and waiting for others to come, this is the gamemode to have a few go's on. So many others enjoy it too here.

That was probably one of the best gaming moments I've had in a very long time.

I've been really enjoying playing DMZ, think I like the objectives and fast paced gameplay over Warzone.

High risk of reward is really paying out well on this mode. 3 times myself, @phil bottle and @James5497  went in two nights ago thinking we'd get some nice loot and also try some keys we've all picked up along the way. Every time we pushed probably for something just a little more than we went in for....and then got took out dramatically around the extract and also by human players too. One run we nearly did multiple bounties and had the Weapon Case virtually extracted, only for us to fall at the final hurdle before the time just ran out.

More and more people here need to give a few rounds a go as they won't be disappointed.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

17 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

High risk of reward is really paying out well on this mode. 3 times myself, @phil bottle and @James5497  went in two nights ago thinking we'd get some nice loot and also try some keys we've all picked up along the way. Every time we pushed probably for something just a little more than we went in for....and then got took out dramatically around the extract and also by human players too. One run we nearly did multiple bounties and had the Weapon Case virtually extracted, only for us to fall at the final hurdle before the time just ran out.

More and more people here need to give a few rounds a go as they won't be disappointed.

I think a bunch of people made up their mind to hate it because that's the only way to get the M13. So they complain about a gun behind exclusive to a mode rather than go and try it out.

I believe the purpose of the M13 exclusivity was to get people to try it.  The next gun as we saw is available in DMZ or multiplayer. 

It's fun mode and worth trying

6 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

I think a bunch of people made up their mind to hate it because that's the only way to get the M13. So they complain about a gun behind exclusive to a mode rather than go and try it out.

I believe the purpose of the M13 exclusivity was to get people to try it.  The next gun as we saw is available in DMZ or multiplayer. 

It's fun mode and worth trying

I have played it several times with a friend of mine. Reminds me a lot of The Division. Just not as polished. It’s fun. I don’t see myself playing it a ton. If I wanted that type of game I would of stayed with The Division 

17 hours ago, Tove said:

Got my closest to getting the m13b this evening, I got the chemist but then got swarmed by enemies both inside and outside the radiation zone, 

I'm determined I will get it though. 

My suggestion for what it is worth.

Go in with a sniper rifle, the Katrov 545, a mask and a spare, molotov, stims, ammo box

Come in with the little helicopter and land it just outside the zone (so you don't get DDOS

Snipe and clear what you can see, have a silencer on the sniper riffle 

Get the chemist and make your way to the helo

Extract at the furtest extraction

I would recommend solo so that the helo takes of quickly or have a team that is willing to suicide once you are on your way to extraction. That way the Helo takes off about 4 seconds after you board

The only person who gets the blue print is the one carrying it. So trustworthy team mates are essential. Otherwise you are better off alone

2 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

My suggestion for what it is worth.

Go in with a sniper rifle, the Katrov 545, a mask and a spare, molotov, stims, ammo box

Come in with the little helicopter and land it just outside the zone (so you don't get DDOS

Snipe and clear what you can see, have a silencer on the sniper riffle 

Get the chemist and make your way to the helo

Extract at the furtest extraction

I would recommend solo so that the helo takes of quickly or have a team that is willing to suicide once you are on your way to extraction. That way the Helo takes off about 4 seconds after you board

The only person who gets the blue print is the one carrying it. So trustworthy team mates are essential. Otherwise you are better off alone

That's kinda the tactic that I've been using with the exception of the helo and I've been using battle rage rather than the ammo box. 

3 hours ago, Tove said:

That's kinda the tactic that I've been using with the exception of the helo and I've been using battle rage rather than the ammo box. 

The extra Ammo and molotov saved me a few times but that is really up to you.

You can fly a direct path with the Helo and parachute down so the chances of ambush are reduced. It worked for me but that doesn't mean it will for you or anyone else. I also had a UAV that I used once the extraction was in bound to know how clear the extraction zone was. I think I had vary favorable conditions however. 

The gun really isn't that great. Don't expect too much. It's probably the one that took the longest to get to gold. Even worse than the M16

12 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

The extra Ammo and molotov saved me a few times but that is really up to you.

You can fly a direct path with the Helo and parachute down so the chances of ambush are reduced. It worked for me but that doesn't mean it will for you or anyone else. I also had a UAV that I used once the extraction was in bound to know how clear the extraction zone was. I think I had vary favorable conditions however. 

The gun really isn't that great. Don't expect too much. It's probably the one that took the longest to get to gold. Even worse than the M16

I agree with this. The guns good but it’s not the best in the game, it’s more the journey you went through to get it 😂

I helped my son get it last week, was fun, I killed the chemist grabbed the gun but died in the zone. My son didn’t have a mask or anything so told him not to risk it, our third was already dead. He looted up nearby till he had some survivability. I pinged where my body was and the gun was nearby. He managed to run in as the enemies had backed off 15mins later, grab the gun and extract all by himself with me watching his back. It was so rewarding for him to clutch up, he’s only 10 bless him. 

14 hours ago, Tove said:

Still struggling along with this one I'm finding it really tough as a solo player I've gotten really close a few times this evening. Anyone fancy squading up with me one evening to help with the mission? 

I'm in North America on an Xbox. Don't think I can be much help under those circumstances. After new years if you are still looking for someone we can give it a try when I get back to my console 

And just like that this evening I'm managed to nail it! I did a setup run extracted a self revive, medium backpack, durable gas mask, and 2 plate vest, 

I then spawned in with the MCPR-300 (Body Count Blueprint with the 5 round mag removed (for a 10 mag) and a Kastov 74u then went straight for the Radiation Zone, got a message right away saying the chemist was in the area, sometimes I've had to run around the outside of the area to get that message. then took the high ground and was able to take the enemy out one by one, from around the area then I ventured in and started collecting gas masks, plates and stims, it took around 20 minutes but I didn't really get any large clusters of enemies like I have on previous attempts so I was able to take them down successfully. I found the chemist a couple of times, got a headshot on the first and destroyed his helmet, finally I found him close by a building and was able to finish him off with the 74u, there wasn't really any other enemies nearby so I grabbed the m13b and legged it to my vehicle, found a sensible extraction a little while away the radiation was about to start expanding and I didn't want to take any chances. I did get downed at the extraction but was fortunate to still have the self revive. 

I'm really pleased to have extracted it solo and can now play some DMZ missions without having the chemist in the back of my mind. I do really feel that the mode needs some serious buffs for anyone playing solo it can be extremely difficult the AI are either braindead and shooting in the opposite direction or absolute beasts which can take you out with a single shot from a pistol at 75m when you have 3 plates

13 hours ago, Tove said:

Encountered by first exfil campers this evening, that was frustrating I had tons of loot for missions ready to extract 😞

Did they get your M13? If they did, they might call it a success. People have been running recon drones to avoid that, they seem to be plenty full in loot boxes. Once you are ready to make exit find one, recon over the extraction. Helps with NPCs also. Tag campers. A recon bomb is apparently even more satisfying but I have not tried it

7 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

Did they get your M13? If they did, they might call it a success. People have been running recon drones to avoid that, they seem to be plenty full in loot boxes. Once you are ready to make exit find one, recon over the extraction. Helps with NPCs also. Tag campers. A recon bomb is apparently even more satisfying but I have not tried it

I did have the m13b on me it has an unusual camo so they would know I didn’t get it from the chemist during that run if they got the unlock because of it then fair play to them, I was more annoyed about losing my 3 plate vest, backpack and mission items for exfil 

that’s the biggest frustration for me in DMZ is that if you die you have to start the next round with basically nothing, I would love to be able to bring out more inventory and have a stock of things like vests, self revive and armor plates

Had a “it was this moment he realised he fucked up” in my last game of DMZ, had a great run 25k+ cash, completed contracts, basilisk contraband for the headshot mission, 3 plate vest, large backpack, heading to exfil and ran into a squad exfilling a weapon case. Needless to say I made the wrong decision and tried to hang around in case it was a solo and I could get a cheeky steel turns out it was a cracked 3man but it was too late by the time I realised and tried to take them on as they were exiting their vehicle. Oh well live and learn I guess

31 minutes ago, Tove said:

Had a “it was this moment he realised he fucked up” in my last game of DMZ, had a great run 25k+ cash, completed contracts, basilisk contraband for the headshot mission, 3 plate vest, large backpack, heading to exfil and ran into a squad exfilling a weapon case. Needless to say I made the wrong decision and tried to hang around in case it was a solo and I could get a cheeky steel turns out it was a cracked 3man but it was too late by the time I realised and tried to take them on as they were exiting their vehicle. Oh well live and learn I guess

Always the case, pushing it a little too far is the name of the game.. It's definitely happened to me. Sounds like you've been doing pretty well otherwise so GGs on that 👍

5 hours ago, James5497 said:

Always the case, pushing it a little too far is the name of the game.. It's definitely happened to me. Sounds like you've been doing pretty well otherwise so GGs on that 👍

Thanks, that’s the good thing about DMZ you can push ahead with a risky play and it’s not the end of the world if you fail. You only ever keep a handful of items and never any cash.

Went in today with a good squad which is rare and we Friended  another good squad which made us basically godly. We had a number of squads trying to hunt us because we were carrying something like 300K in cash.  It didn't work out for them. 3 vs 6 will get you wrecked. 

We extracted by saving the hostage. Even the AI didn't stand a chance for change 🙂

2 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

Went in today with a good squad which is rare and we Friended  another good squad which made us basically godly. We had a number of squads trying to hunt us because we were carrying something like 300K in cash.  It didn't work out for them. 3 vs 6 will get you wrecked. 

We extracted by saving the hostage. Even the AI didn't stand a chance for change 🙂

Sound fucking wicked mate! Nice one!