DMZ

cyberninja2601

14 hours ago, Tove said:

Look at what I just found!! 

1298488888_dmzgpu.PNG.57609f55bfba9d78d0dc9afb9dc46c5a.PNG

Probably the most expensive small backpack I've ever owned!

380639216_dmzgpu2.thumb.PNG.029b4ad55ee3369cd2e3d7c7762857cb.PNG

If you want lots of cash do the radioactive material ones which is around 10K per rod and the safes which are about $42. Safe can be tricky solo but there's a crap load of money in them.  Once contract is to get 3 safes and extract with $100K, another with $200k. 

39 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Does the cash just give you XP? Or something else for your inventory?

I wondered about that too.

I played some DMZ before I got the full COD game but had no clue what I was doing there 😄

On 1/9/2023 at 3:34 PM, cyberninja2601 said:

Went in today with a good squad which is rare and we Friended  another good squad which made us basically godly. We had a number of squads trying to hunt us because we were carrying something like 300K in cash.  It didn't work out for them. 3 vs 6 will get you wrecked. 

We extracted by saving the hostage. Even the AI didn't stand a chance for change 🙂

I’ve done this multiple times now. It’s funny as Fuck when you’re driving through the city in the truck and you come under fire by a team of 3 then all of a sudden your 5 squad mates stand up in the back and fuck em all up 😂😂

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Does the cash just give you XP? Or something else for your inventory?

At also allows for cool down or your insured weapon slots. The cash can be used at buy station to get stuff while doing the missions which is where it is actually of use

5 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

If you want lots of cash do the radioactive material ones which is around 10K per rod and the safes which are about $42. Safe can be tricky solo but there's a crap load of money in them.  Once contract is to get 3 safes and extract with $100K, another with $200k. 

those nuclear stashes are my usual go to for early game cash I find them really low risk. 

So it looks like the bad spawns affect DMZ alongside MP

Just looted a safe in shed in the quarry and had taken out all of the enemies nearby was collecting the loot replenishing my ammo and plates, then all of a sudden 3 Armoured AI spawned in the same room as me taking me without me even having a chance to barely get a shot off

2 hours ago, Tove said:

So it looks like the bad spawns affect DMZ alongside MP

Just looted a safe in shed in the quarry and had taken out all of the enemies nearby was collecting the loot replenishing my ammo and plates, then all of a sudden 3 Armoured AI spawned in the same room as me taking me without me even having a chance to barely get a shot off

That sucks. I think the enemies respawn on a timer. I think 6 minutes. So if you take too long for some reason you have to be on your toes.  

54 minutes ago, Tove said:

Is it just me or are the enemy operators becoming much more ruthless recently? no one seems willing to just let you pass on by and every meeting becomes a firefight

I've gotten a lot of people to team up. What I do is I say I can see you, don't shoot or our squad will return fire. I also ask to party up

The only reason to shoot is the hunting a squad contract or the picking up tags mission

I know you run mostly solo but if they think you are rolling a party they might leave you alone.  I would say use proximity chat to scare them away. If you are solo you are easy pickings. Just occasional say that you have they operator in your sights. Do you want to ping if you want to engage. They might just decide to run at that point. 

It does happen a lot however. This morning my team killed 9 operators in our deployment just because they decided to shoot at us. We all rock a thermal sniper and ping the bad guys these days so it usually doesn't end well for them.  It would be impossible for a solo player like you to survive that 

When we go to extract we take a car and I get out before the extract point. My team mates go to the opposite end of the extraction point. So if people attack they attack the two in the car and I am typically behind them so they get wacked 🙂

OK so having a bit of a better run today. I've just extracted 100k in a single run. I had been trying to to this all evening yesterday and failing spectacularly. I opted for a different tactic this time and looted the Sawah Hotel and the Deckhands toolbox nearby (I had a key for it) and achieved 73k from the two places. Now i'm off to complete the Poppy Farmer House mission wish me luck!!

9 minutes ago, Tove said:

OK so having a bit of a better run today. I've just extracted 100k in a single run. I had been trying to to this all evening yesterday and failing spectacularly. I opted for a different tactic this time and looted the Sawah Hotel and the Deckhands toolbox nearby (I had a key for it) and achieved 73k from the two places. Now i'm off to complete the Poppy Farmer House mission wish me luck!!

Ok so I got taken out by an enemy squad whilst changing vehicles. That's twice I've died with the poppy key now to say that I'm gutted would be an understatement. 

I think they really need to change something with DMZ as it can be particularly harsh at times. I now have to find and loot this key again 😞

15 hours ago, Tove said:

Ok so I got taken out by an enemy squad whilst changing vehicles. That's twice I've died with the poppy key now to say that I'm gutted would be an understatement. 

I think they really need to change something with DMZ as it can be particularly harsh at times. I now have to find and loot this key again 😞

My only suggestion would be to gear before you do something difficult. Get your 3 plate vest and large backpack. Gas mask. Precision airstrike. Revive pistol, Revive kit, Plenty of stims. Once you get going, plates/plates/Plates.   Try to get a number of good extraction perk streaks and then go for those missions.  Carry in a sniper rifle and a good AR/LMG. I like having a thermal also just to spot people/AI

I also tend to avoid cars. They make noise and are visible on the map. I Climb the towers and parachute instead. People seem to rarely look up

I do squad up however and assess the squad. If there are newbies without microphones, I don't go for anything difficult and don't risk my gear as much

6 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

My only suggestion would be to gear before you do something difficult. Get your 3 plate vest and large backpack. Gas mask. Precision airstrike. Revive pistol, Revive kit, Plenty of stims. Once you get going, plates/plates/Plates.   Try to get a number of good extraction perk streaks and then go for those missions.  Carry in a sniper rifle and a good AR/LMG. I like having a thermal also just to spot people/AI

I also tend to avoid cars. They make noise and are visible on the map. I Climb the towers and parachute instead. People seem to rarely look up

I do squad up however and assess the squad. If there are newbies without microphones, I don't go for anything difficult and don't risk my gear as much

6 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

Other than perks I’m usually geared up to a 2/3 plate and medium/large in this case I had a 3 plate and a large. 

I just got unlucky in that when changing vehicles I ran into a squad I think the vehicle I was going for was actually theirs.

To me it shows a massive flaw in some of the missions though, I’ve been trying to complete the poppy house mission for days yet I’ve only actually had 2 attempts at it the rest of the time has been trying to find keys. The first time I should have known better, I found a key nearby to the cemetery and decided to go for it despite the fact that I knew the commander helo was circling the cemetery dead drop, I should have exfil’d but didn’t want to risk losing the key to enemy operators. 

I’ve got a plan though and I’m going to change my tactic a little my plan for the next few days is to fully level the victus xmr in DMZ and loot nearby spawn spots for keys, go checkout those locations for more keys and/or complete an eliminate hvt contract and go checkout that key location for more keys but most importantly always extract before the timer reaches 10 minutes

If I find a poppy house key then great if not then that’s great too

2 hours ago, Tove said:

Other than perks I’m usually geared up to a 2/3 plate and medium/large in this case I had a 3 plate and a large. 

I just got unlucky in that when changing vehicles I ran into a squad I think the vehicle I was going for was actually theirs.

To me it shows a massive flaw in some of the missions though, I’ve been trying to complete the poppy house mission for days yet I’ve only actually had 2 attempts at it the rest of the time has been trying to find keys. The first time I should have known better, I found a key nearby to the cemetery and decided to go for it despite the fact that I knew the commander helo was circling the cemetery dead drop, I should have exfil’d but didn’t want to risk losing the key to enemy operators. 

I’ve got a plan though and I’m going to change my tactic a little my plan for the next few days is to fully level the victus xmr in DMZ and loot nearby spawn spots for keys, go checkout those locations for more keys and/or complete an eliminate hvt contract and go checkout that key location for more keys but most importantly always extract before the timer reaches 10 minutes

If I find a poppy house key then great if not then that’s great too

You do know that you can ask for help from a squad that downs you. I would in a case like that ask for help and say that you are running solo. Once you killed someone, they aren't a risk to you so a lot of people are more trusting at that point. The game is also a hell of a lot of fun running a x6 squad. I did that this morning and told the people I had to go because I had a meeting. They actually extracted me in so I would get my mission. There are a lot of dicks in the game, but there are a lot of helpful people too. Some of the later missions benefit from large squads. 

17 minutes ago, cyberninja2601 said:

You do know that you can ask for help from a squad that downs you. I would in a case like that ask for help and say that you are running solo. Once you killed someone, they aren't a risk to you so a lot of people are more trusting at that point. The game is also a hell of a lot of fun running a x6 squad. I did that this morning and told the people I had to go because I had a meeting. They actually extracted me in so I would get my mission. There are a lot of dicks in the game, but there are a lot of helpful people too. Some of the later missions benefit from large squads. 

I don't see any way to initiate the plea for help, I've seen others plea for help but can't see how to do it myself.

1 minute ago, Tove said:

so plea for help doesn't work when solo. it only works if you are killed and another member of your squad is still alive,

I don't think so because I have revived entire squads. Stonemountain has also done it on a number of his videos. I think he even did it with a solo. 

I've just played some squad fill games and I received the plea for help prompt, but I've never had the option to do this as a solo before. When I die it always cuts straight to the Squad Eliminated screen.

Funnily enough I've jsut had the best game of DMZ ever as squad fill

26 minutes ago, Tove said:

I've just played some squad fill games and I received the plea for help prompt, but I've never had the option to do this as a solo before. When I die it always cuts straight to the Squad Eliminated screen.

Funnily enough I've jsut had the best game of DMZ ever as squad fill

Maybe the people that we added had squad mates that ran away. I've had awesome squad fill games. People tend to be genuinely interested in doing the missions when that happens. With 6 people it's pretty had to fail. I also like the shock on other squads that attack you when they realize they just stirred a hornets nest and have to take on 6 motivated players than now are going to fuck them up

This afternoon when we were doing it, we were rocking 3 LTVs going spot to spot. Great fun. You can't do that at all solo since there is no one to man the turret. 

24 minutes ago, cyberninja2601 said:

Maybe the people that we added had squad mates that ran away

I think that must be the case because it seems the Plea for help is only available whilst you are spectating your remaining squad members, and if they die it cuts to the Squad Eliminated page and you can no longer plea, I just updated my PPR with info on the squad fil games they were amazing! 

Got two more weapons crates this evening! I really wish I'd stopped playing solo exclusively much sooner. Even if you get a bad squad who just run off in opposite directions you can utilise the plea for help if you get downed and maybe an enemy squad will let you join their team. 

On 1/22/2023 at 5:32 PM, Tove said:

Got two more weapons crates this evening! I really wish I'd stopped playing solo exclusively much sooner. Even if you get a bad squad who just run off in opposite directions you can utilise the plea for help if you get downed and maybe an enemy squad will let you join their team. 

Yah. Got two crates yesterday as well. Some kind wanted level up is weapon and we just started doing contracts casually and squad came up and announced they were friendly so we joined up. Wanted to do the weapons cases so we rolled with them. Went really well first time. The kid and I went in again and found another squad  and did the same

We were particularly lucky. The extraction was almost right next to the case so we didn't get anyone chasing us. His gun went up like crazy