Share your FG Mastery Camo Challenge Escapades!

GazzaGarratt

Its the first CoD in...ever that I'm actually interested in levelling up and getting the Challenges done on all the guns in MW2 so I thought lets get a thread up so people can share when they've managed to get a Camo done - maybe also tell us if it was a decent gun, or an absolute grindfest to get it! Looking forward to seeing below what you all can get in this one 😎

MW2 Camos.jpeg

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I’ve finished the M4,TAQ and the Kostov 762. Working on the Lachmann now. Running through the ARs while leveling the launchers at the same time. I’ll move to on to other guns depending on what the maps are since ARs are viable on every map. 

Got the M4 Gold on Day one. Working on TAQ-56 (AR), VEL-46 (SMG) and SPR-208 (Battle Rifle). TAQ isn't the greatest but with the right scope its been working well. The VEL SMG absolutely wrecks on the closer quarters games. ADS is super quick on it and works well with the larger mag size.

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Got the M4 Gold on Day one. Working on TAQ-56 (AR), VEL-46 (SMG) and SPR-208 (Battle Rifle). TAQ isn't the greatest but with the right scope its been working well. The VEL SMG absolutely wrecks on the closer quarters games. ADS is super quick on it and works well with the larger mag size.

Man you’re not running the TAQ right then. That thing is a monster. I liked it a lot more than the M4. Plus it has the best iron sights in the game. 

You guys are all a bunch of sweats!! 

@GazzaGarratt and @TigerBurge

Nothing gold so far, been using the M4 and some of that first LMG the MG34. 

Just recently reached level 23 and unlocked the AK (Kostov). Man even without attachments that thing absolutely melts. Only played a few games with it, but it's strong. 

Until today, I haven't really paid any attention to the camo completionist part of the game - mostly because on PC, the interface has been partly busted and I've only just bothered to research the fix. I decided to pick up the M4 again after not using it for a many days and earned gold pretty comfortably

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Will probably work towards the VEL 46 tomorrow as I've not go far to go on that and then come back to finish off the M4 as well as try and unlock the Hurricane via the FCRAP RECON. 

I don't have many camo's yet, largely just been working through unlocking all the guns first (though there is one that would not unlock for some reason). Once I have them I will probably look through the camo's and work out which one's I want and work towards them. Unlikely I will try and unlock everything though.

Luseth.png

Got the TAQ-56 AR done last night and 5 double kills away from getting the VEL-46 gold too. Moved on to the Khastov and it is very good from the get go with the stock version.

20 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Got the TAQ-56 AR done last night and 5 double kills away from getting the VEL-46 gold too. Moved on to the Khastov and it is very good from the get go with the stock version.

Also did the TAQ-56 last night gold. Having some issues with the VEL requirement because it doesn't seem to track every double kill I've got which is bloody annoying! 

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Also did the TAQ-56 last night gold. Having some issues with the VEL requirement because it doesn't seem to track every double kill I've got which is bloody annoying! 

Stop shooting bots in Invasion, they won't count towards camos J4MES ffs. 

It's taking me forever to get double kills with the M4. How are folks doing it? 

I got the TAQ-56 Kastove 762, Lachmann-556 where a breeze to get gold. Can't seem to get those dam doubles on M4. Been playing DOM mostly. Got a few with Hardpoint but nothing compared to what I can do with the TAQ-56

Any suggestions? 

1 hour ago, cyberninja2601 said:

I got the TAQ-56 Kastove 762, Lachmann-556 where a breeze to get gold. Can't seem to get those dam doubles on M4. Been playing DOM mostly. Got a few with Hardpoint but nothing compared to what I can do with the TAQ-56

Any suggestions? 

I would suggest Dom or Hardpoint would be the easiest. 

Especially when enemies or on a flag or what not, maybe flashbang or stun the beejebus outta them prior. 

They will come naturally, use portable radar and UAVS you need the intel before you swoop. 

There is a healthy delay of maybe 3-4 seconds between the 1st and second kill allowed, as long as it's in the killfeed. 

You could try FFA maybe? Or Groundwar as there are maybe more opportunities available. 

Flanking is key as well, try go round the outskirts of the map and work your way onto their side. 

Alternatively you could post up on a high traffic area or hotspot and mount up for accuracy. 

B flag Dom on a roof or window with height advantage, lay prone facing a hardpoint so your difficult to shoot. 

Or run about like a madman and rush the shit out of them and be really aggressive. Pick your poison my friend. Who cares how you get it done. 

2 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

Any suggestions? 

It depends on the map - I've found the Fortress and Mercado pretty ideal for doubles whereas the bigger ones can be a bit trickier like the hotel and race track. Flanking and choke points usually can get easy doubles. What I have noticed is when you need to complete the challenge, things become harder yet I was firing off doubles galore when I wasn't going for it🤣

If you think doubles are bad, I need to get 20 mounted kills with the bloody AK47 at some stage and play like a right camping bellend! 

21 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

It depends on the map - I've found the Fortress and Mercado pretty ideal for doubles whereas the bigger ones can be a bit trickier like the hotel and race track. Flanking and choke points usually can get easy doubles. What I have noticed is when you need to complete the challenge, things become harder yet I was firing off doubles galore when I wasn't going for it🤣

If you think doubles are bad, I need to get 20 mounted kills with the bloody AK47 at some stage and play like a right camping bellend! 

Yeah the challenges always end up like that, whatever you need you don't get easy. 

Like you say previously it wasn't a problem. 

Mounted kills are easy, just very boring. 

I had Damascus on MW19, 100 mounted kills every gun including snipers and excluding shotguns. 

30+ maybe 40 guns with DLC. 

So easily 3 or 4k mounted kills. 

20 is nothing in comparison, could get that in 1 game potentially. 😜

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I can get plenty of kills. Just can't seem to get those doubles with a M4. Like I said the other ARs weren't a problem at all. Maybe I will try to mount, camp my ass off and try for the doubles. It seems to be a bit better with hardpoint. Might give KC a go and see. Just seems like on DOM there is rarely doubles to be had that I can manage with the gun

M16 gold. Fuck that gun 🤣. For anyone going for gold with it. Once you get it to max level weapon tune it for recoil control and aim stability. It gets a lot better. 

15 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

The gold M4 so far, that is all............ 

Damn Chris you are grinding these guns quick. 

They really are easy compared to previous CoD game. 

So since last time, I've managed to do a couple more. 

Done 3 now. M4, Sakin MG38 LMG and the Kastov 762. 

The Pila is getting there as well. 

That Kastov 762 is an absolute monster. I only ran 1 attachment with it (sharkfin under grip). 

Didn't hold the gun back at all with the lack of attachments. 

18 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

Which one is you favorite now that you did them all? 

AK-74U is the best gun in the game. Followed by the STB-556. Both are amazing. 

I can't make the STB work for me. Every game with it has been painfully bad.

The Ak-762. TAQ-56. AK545 seem to be best so far for me. Kind of regret that the Russian guns are so good. Haven't  tried the AK74U since I was leveling the RPK, Icarus, SP-R and Expedite instead