MWII UI/UX

J4MES OX4D

So these are the people behind the MWII interface design - they were hired from TV streaming service Hulu probably off of LinkedIn I imagine. 

3w86izawkrw91.jpg

And here is the Reddit community with some simple concepts fixing the convoluted mess whilst providing the exact same information back to the user:-

ziosefqjsdx91.jpg?width=2558&format=pjpg

image.thumb.jpeg.b66257edb7e330b4bdfdf91d229bddfb.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.998057e6ed65510d2100b31630fdb7d9.jpeg

tdsghmvovqr91.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

vo9wv6o5tdx91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

yeah the ui/ux has been steadily getting worse everywhere, it's like we are babies playing with puzzles for 1-3 years old with basic shapes, there is no info anywhere, duolingo also overhauled it's ui/ux recently and i am very peeved with it, pretty drawings everywhere with no words or info

5 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

So these are the people behind the MWII interface design - they were hired from TV streaming service Hulu probably off of LinkedIn I imagine. 

3w86izawkrw91.jpg

And here is the Reddit community with some simple concepts fixing the convoluted mess whilst providing the exact same information back to the user:-

ziosefqjsdx91.jpg?width=2558&format=pjpg

image.thumb.jpeg.b66257edb7e330b4bdfdf91d229bddfb.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.998057e6ed65510d2100b31630fdb7d9.jpeg

tdsghmvovqr91.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

vo9wv6o5tdx91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Yeah the UI in MW2 is complete dogshit. Cluttered, confusing and pointless for no reason at all! 

Definitely like the look of those reddit suggestions. Looks a million times better imo. If only.......they probably won't bother. 🙏

I like it 🤷‍♂️🤣🤣

MW2019's is all over the shop for me, too many menus within menus I got lost so when it came to this one, and I found the Challenges within 30 seconds of setting up my first gun, I can't deny that I think its better.

Lets face it though, the Friends system on most games lately really suck hard. OW2, MW2019, Fall Guys, GTA5 to name a few. This could definitely get an overhaul but i'm finding my way round other things pretty easily. Maybe the only other improvement could be around when they use buttons like L3, R2, etc and the option is in grey, small print in a corner of the screen. I'd agree that needs changing.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Someone else has had another crack using existing artifacts:-

- daily challenges don't overlap your team line up and are placed into the acres of space on the right side of the screen

- message of the day is shrunk rather than taking up the whole screen prior to launching the MP component

- modes are clearly displayed in list form rather than as multiple large panels 

klveok25usx91.jpg

Simple really! 

4 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Someone else has had another crack using existing artifacts:-

- daily challenges don't overlap your team line up and are placed into the acres of space on the right side of the screen

- message of the day is shrunk rather than taking up the whole screen prior to launching the MP component

- modes are clearly displayed in list form rather than as multiple large panels 

klveok25usx91.jpg

Simple really! 

I will take it! Seriously a huge improvement than what we have currently. 

5 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

The only thing worse than the UI in this game is the spawn system. I hate the camo screen more than any of it. You can’t see anything you’ve unlocked 

Totally agree it's rough Chris, I want to see challenges unlocked rather than some emblem which essentially is every challenge. 

The getting gold is so underwhelming. 

The UI is awful, the spawns hmmm. Just wait till Shipment 24/7 😬

Its an interesting one, as coming from someone that never understood how to find challenges and camos in all of the older CoD games, this one has been the easiest to find by a mile. I think they could make some tiny tweaks to it, like seeing which ones are unlocked/locked but I think ALL the CoDs could have explained Challenges and Camos far easier. Its clearly an objective that drives people to play more so I've never understood why they don't have a separate tab at the top with all the key things you may want to focus on.

Outside of that, I only find the party system a bit of a pain....and even then, its no way near GTA's version of a party system. Its pretty easy to get crossplay people in too. @Dylanimo16  joined last night and it was extremely easy and the Whisper system worked well.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb