FIFA 23 with FG!

Lurchzy

19-1662057056-1264890556.png.a92d0cce7a4b54235cfbd56bfb8ed1d8.png

Welcome to the FIFA 23 FG thread — hopefully we'll be able to go through some important subjects, and discuss how we've all been feeling about the game so far!

If you have any screenshots or replays you'd like to share of the game already feel free to comment on this thread as I'm sure it'd be great to see some of the amazing goals you guys have already gotten!

Another thing I thought would be good to discuss, would be when we want to start the pro Clubs sessions on FIFA 23? I know this can be a bit of a difficult situation with people getting the game at different times, but it would be good to know when the majority can start playing. To understand this I've put together a poll so you can go and vote if you've got the game or when you think you'll be getting it or not. Just so we don't leave anybody behind! Vote here

Something else I wanted to clarify was if the schedule was to everyone's liking or if we'd enjoy a change of pace — a few people recently haven't been able to play due to the timing and this could be a chance to change this up. Again I've put together a poll where you can go and have you say. Vote here

Otherwise I look forward to seeing your videos and screenshots and hopefully we'll all be able to enjoy the new game together.

GGs,

James

10 minutes ago, JamaicanSteve said:

Happy to wait until after Christmas to play the new one, but sooner the better. We have to win Div 1 this season! 

Can definitely win Division 1 this time 🏆

29 minutes ago, Luseth said:

After christmas for me, i have contemplated it but its a money thing. Do we need to get the ps4 or 5 version or the ultimate?

I suspect you'll need at least the PS4 version as myself and a few others still don't have a PS5 👍

Completely understand about the money, it's why we don't jump over straight away leaving anyone behind 😊 I know I'm definitely in the same boat as yourself.

19 hours ago, Luseth said:

Do we need to get the ps4 or 5 version or the ultimate?

Yeah, EA really have made it a struggle once again as the only option i'd say is for the PS5 players to get the cross-gen version which gives you access to both PS4 and PS5 game. We still have around 6 people playing on PS4s and i'm not leaving any of them behind, its not what we do.

As for FIFA23, i'd like to see if we can pull off some different challenges alongside Pro Clubs. Cup runs would help more often, and then there is the Tourneys we create for ourselves on here. Sunday and Monday seem the better nights for regular playing still, although we should always remind people you don't have to show up for both and we can always do ad-hoc nights on other days if we find enough want to play. If we use the Events on FG correctly, we can always check who is coming and if there's at least 4 people it should be a good one.

I also need to look at new Achievements for the new game but also need to look at what to do about keeping stats. I don't want it to be a huge overhead for me to do but equally its fun if we do it for each session. When inconsistency of record keping and CBA thoughts to it are creeping in, then it just devalues why we do it. I'd like to spin up the Game Hub page once again properly and also get quite a few Guides out - people still probably don't realise @jordie1892 's guides on builds for FIFA 21 are sitting there with way over 10k hits on each so it shows it helps us and new people coming to FG.

FInal ask would be I'd love for us to have a huge squad and now I think subs can work, it means we can have more than 11 sometimes and multiple nights for us all to play together.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

1 hour ago, Luseth said:

@GazzaGarrattare you able to allow someone else to upload stats to the site for clubs? I don't mind helping record them if so

Yeah absolutely you can help! I think the challenge is finding an easier way to capture them and then upload them. I just need to find a place for us to do it which works well showing them off on FG. Lets search for some ways to do it outside the spreadsheet I do currently and if all else fails we'll do it the same way but i'll do a simplistic template for people to help me 😄

On 10/28/2022 at 4:24 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

Yeah absolutely you can help! I think the challenge is finding an easier way to capture them and then upload them. I just need to find a place for us to do it which works well showing them off on FG. Lets search for some ways to do it outside the spreadsheet I do currently and if all else fails we'll do it the same way but i'll do a simplistic template for people to help me 😄

Can we not utilise a website like Pro Clubs Head? Might make keeping track slightly easier..

On 11/25/2022 at 4:30 PM, James5497 said:

Can we not utilise a website like Pro Clubs Head? Might make keeping track slightly easier..

Not checked it lately but it has helepd in the past. Main issue though is more that EA only seem to keep available for the last 5-10 games in the API. So once its gone, its gone. Its definitely been reduced over the past year from 10 to about 6 I think. I've also noticed some stats don't track exactly to how it pans out when playing, which is very weird. Huge area for EA to capitilise on but I just think they CBA. 🤷‍♂️

If we have simplistic template that anyone can use and then somewhere to post or send it in, it would be pretty easy to keep up with.

On 11/25/2022 at 5:29 PM, Spacedeck said:

I wish Pro Clubs was cross play. I just bought FIFA on PC. 😞

Me too! EA don't even let us play cross-gen which is even more annoying. Miss you on the PlayStation mate! ❤️

42 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

If we have simplistic template that anyone can use and then somewhere to post or send it in, it would be pretty easy to keep up with.

one can use and then somewhere to post or send it in, it would be pretty easy to keep up with.

That'd work I suppose. Shame EA haven't released a decent Stat API like destiny and other games have that you can implement in a website..

Hi guys! 

Just a thought but I'm thinking we have a week off FIFA next week, just to refresh things a bit, feeling like clubs has just got a bit stale and a tiny but frustrating for some people.

Maybe we can focus on playing some different games, Rocket League maybe? 🤣

1 minute ago, Macca89 said:

Hi guys! 

Just a thought but I'm thinking we have a week off FIFA next week, just to refresh things a bit, feeling like clubs has just got a bit stale and a tiny but frustrating for some people.

I'm always happy to play something else on a Monday. If I stick up an event and if you're not interested you can always put 'Not going'.

Rocket League?

2 hours ago, Macca89 said:

Hi guys! 

You mean more COD instead? 😜

If you follow me on Twitter you would've already known I've been moving into my new flat the past two weeks. And now that most of it is sorted and I'm getting the broadband installed on Thursday, hopefully I should be back for MNF this coming Monday!

Undecided whether I want to start a new career mode or not on FIFA 23. I've always wanted to record one of my career modes on here as I enjoy playing them so much. But should I wait for EA FC to start one or do one anyway on FIFA 23?