Sony increases price of PS5.

MrBiron

e912ef0ad7c46b9a44339d1978b3ef7d7ec6f942
BLOG.PLAYSTATION.COM

New recommended retail price coming to select markets in the EMEA, APAC, and LATAM regions, plus Canada. 

Because, well, Sony gonna be Sony.

• PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – £479.99
  • PS5 Digital Edition – £389.99

They're already in short supply and Sony think this is a good move.

fart.gif

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

They have people by the balls so why not. It’s insane how many people are desperately trying to get one when there’s really nothing worth buying for it. May as well milk your own customers for as much as possible in this case. 

Totally agree. I've said quite a few times recently that Sony are just fuckers for taking the piss. They increased the prices of games, increased the price of ps+ and now this. People just seem to defend them. 

fart.gif

3 hours ago, phil bottle said:

It's just a corporation maximising it's profits, its what they're supposed to do as far as I'm aware.

🙈

Fair enough Sony, but the energy companies are taking the piss imo. 

1 hour ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Fair enough Sony, but the energy companies are taking the piss imo. 

The whole system is rotten mate, this country and most of the planet is on its arse, with all sorts of shit on the horizon and I don't see anything getting better.

Happy thoughts😅

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

The whole system is rotten mate, this country and most of the planet is on its arse, with all sorts of shit on the horizon and I don't see anything getting better.

Happy thoughts😅

Yea its scary how many things have gone to shit in such a short time.. we are barely feeling effect of the horrendous drought yet. Half of Europe is a desert

cba

19 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Happy thoughts😅

Sadly the planet is only heading one way. I tend to shy away from the conversations as they are incredibly depressing. I have taken steps to make my potential future better i.e. we have an AC unit in the house to keep one room cool where we can hide if need's be, I have an allotment for veg (and next year will also be using half our garden), have put in a water butt recently for watering and with the allotment I'm also learning skills where it comes to growing our own food just in case things really go to shit in the coming few years. 

Food will be much more expensive next year because of the drought, there will be less of it and it won't be all the pristine / uniform veg we see in the shops today.

Sony's price rise isn't really shocking when you consider the value of the other currencies against the US dollar, almost everywhere linked to Europe and the UK has seen a fall but I do get people's frustrations with Sony, how come they are increasing prices whilst Nintendo and Microsoft do not feel the need to?

Luseth.png

41 minutes ago, Luseth said:

I do get people's frustrations with Sony, how come they are increasing prices whilst Nintendo and Microsoft do not feel the need to?

Big sticking point for me is that they've failed to meet demand for 18 months straight by a ridiculous margin and now stock is miraculously flowing, the price has gone up to they are really maximising income on people that have been waiting since almost day one. Quest 2 has gone up by £100 yet it's on devices that have been in retail circulation for over 12 months so the inflation excuse on already produced units does not wash and that's the card Sony are playing right now. 

Soon they will use the line 'it's gone up but at least it's not as expensive as what the scalpers have been charging'🤣