Dead Island 2

This game has been in development since the early PS4 days. Cannot believe they are still persisting with it especially after the original devs moved on to Dying Light and this game must be on its third developer by now.  At least it looks like it will release this time but whether it was worth the effort or expense remains to be seen. Original game was great but that was Techland. 

On 8/25/2022 at 12:02 PM, Antpool84 said:

I've been waiting for this game for a long time now as I love a good zombie game, but with how good Dying Light was this has a lot to live up to

It has, in fact I have dying light 2 still to play yet, it has been sat on the shelf for a little while as I am trying to get through some of my backlog (which as you can imagine could take forever!)

Luseth.png

Just now, Luseth said:

It has, in fact I have dying light 2 still to play yet, it has been sat on the shelf for a little while as I am trying to get through some of my backlog (which as you can imagine could take forever!)

Same here dude, i'm trying to catch up on so much gaming but finding the time is so difficult sometimes

So Dead Island 2 launches in 2 days, here's the trailer

So its clear its not the absolute graphical game that some peop[le may want, but Ithink Skill Up has a good review from a positive angle below. Tldr, it doesn't have to be deep, high graphics, and complex in game mechanics. The game just seems pure simplistic fun with and crazy ways to kills zombies. I think the key here will be how much is it worth to buy the game. It opens on Amazon at £50 for the Day One edition. Thats 20 less than usual AAA games on launch. I suspect it will drop in a few months but i'd be keen for a co-op play, similar to Dying Light. It can handle 3 player co-op so if a few like the idea of it i'll keep it on my 'likely' list and see who else could dip for this.

Forum Signature Test.png

My only concern is how long this was in development the amount of times it was stopped started stopped started ect ect but how broken it would be on day 1 and if they'll keep up to date with bug fixes and updates. 

slamminbones.png

9 hours ago, slamminbones said:

My only concern is how long this was in development the amount of times it was stopped started stopped started ect ect but how broken it would be on day 1 and if they'll keep up to date with bug fixes and updates. 

I think it's had about 3 different developers but the final release and attempt by the new devs was pretty much started from scratch so any woes before then are thankfully taken out of the equation.