Bored at work today :D

Luseth

Thought i'd post on here!

So work's gone eerily quiet, I work in a design and build company and for the first time in my 6 and a half years at the company I have nothing to do. Jobs are being installed and built on site but we have no new work currently which means there is nothing to design.

Fortunately today I'm working from home so could get away with doing other things so yeah does anyone have any suggestions 😄

Luseth.png

Sounds like bliss if you ask me @Luseth 😅

On a sunny day you'd pick gaming? Of course! 😄 How are you with setting yourself some lists to do stuff or certain goals you wanna do? I'm not talking aspirational huge long term goals. More so mini simplistic ones to start with. Could just be completing on the latest game you bought (MW Camos perhaps? 😄) or could be stuff to share on FG too...do your worst!! 😎

Some good TV binge also doesn't go a miss. Stranger Things being a good one lately.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Sounds like bliss if you ask me @Luseth 😅

On a sunny day you'd pick gaming? Of course! 😄 How are you with setting yourself some lists to do stuff or certain goals you wanna do? I'm not talking aspirational huge long term goals. More so mini simplistic ones to start with. Could just be completing on the latest game you bought (MW Camos perhaps? 😄) or could be stuff to share on FG too...do your worst!! 😎

Some good TV binge also doesn't go a miss. Stranger Things being a good one lately.

Haha I struggle when I have downtime, I think because I get so little of it I never know what to do with it!

I had a brief go on modern warfare this morning, man it's so far away from Battlefield. I did ok but certainly don't feel I will reach the heights of yesteryear! I sorted out a bit of my garage and after lunch I'm going to try and sit down and play fallout 76 and maybe produce a couple of drawings for work just so I have something to show for today ^_^ (I have literally sent out 3 e-mails today).

Luseth.png

Sounds like a great day tbh already!

Ah, I wouldn't be too concerned about not much work. When it has been busy, i'm sure you've bust a nut to help them whenever needed so it all swings in roundabout ways.

I now keep all my actions or stuff to do for work AND life on the same list. We sometimes focus too much time on work and get that balance wrong when really important stuff happens to yourself that you need that time to do those things. I feel far better about work/life balance. You've still had a busy day getting those bits done in the garage....time for more games I think!

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Sounds like a great day tbh already!

Ah, I wouldn't be too concerned about not much work. When it has been busy, i'm sure you've bust a nut to help them whenever needed so it all swings in roundabout ways.

I now keep all my actions or stuff to do for work AND life on the same list. We sometimes focus too much time on work and get that balance wrong when really important stuff happens to yourself that you need that time to do those things. I feel far better about work/life balance. You've still had a busy day getting those bits done in the garage....time for more games I think!

Ah the lack of work doesn't worry me too much, my wife's on maternity at the moment so I did have a nose online the other day and it looks like there is quite the demand for what I do at the moment (I can do 3d modelling which makes me even more valueable) and most of them pay more than I'm on now! (I do like it where I am currently though).

I have pottered about in FO76 this afternoon and levelled up a fair bit which has been good 😄 My wife is also round her parents this evening with the kids so house to myself too, bonus!

Luseth.png

3D modelling eh? @Greboth would i'm sure very much like some of your best efforts to be shared with his here 😎 its in the Hobbies section I think, or could be Cars as he's pretty good at that too. Job wise, happiness is the ultimate goal. Need to get the balance of not just always chasing the money so totally understand staying put if its great...and clearly nice chill days like today.

FO76 is a game I wanted to get into but struggled. The idea that we could have a server was more interesting as I couldn't keep my self interest there on Single Player. Assuming you played the previous Fallouts then, which one would you say ranks highly?

@GazzaGarratt I do like the series but it's not without it's flaws! Fallout New Vegas is probably the best of the series but I enjoyed Fallout 4 and Fallout 76. It's very much a love it / hate it series of games though so if you don't enjoy them you never will 🙂

Luseth.png