FG Go Kart & Picnic Day

I've been threatening to do this for a while without any real conviction, but I'm going to now push to get this organised!

I realise we've already got the Wales trip this year so I will try my damned hardest to make this as affordable and accessible for everyone as I can!

What is it?

A day out together for everyone in FG and any family they would like to invite.

Primarily I'm thinking of Milton Keynes for this due to the central location for most, and also because of the available amenities in the local area.

Go karting:

I'd like to organise a go karting race for us all (including family members) so we can enjoy a community GTA races event where someone will probably end up with a broken leg, or rammed up the arse (sorry in advance Phil). We can hire karts which are appropriate for the skill level and age range.

Picnic:

After racing it'd be nice to organise a family picnic with everyone, maybe have a couple of portable BBQs, some football, Frisbee, rounders etc. Essentially a bring your own food and drinks type thing and maybe we can mix and match.

When are we thinking?

Between the months of June and August.

What next?

If you're interested please can you

1. Let me know which month suits bets

2. If you'd like to bring family with an idea of numbers

3. If you'd prefer just to do racing whilst others do picnic afterwards that would be fine too.

4. If you can make Milton Keynes

Once I've got an idea of numbers etc on the above I'll start organising!

This is super, @Mikepjbell , well overdue a little ol meet up!

I'm asking Hayley what 2-3 dates are best to meet up because I think that will also help us narrow it down for us all. Otherwise we'll never get a date in! August may be a struggle just because of family holidays and I personally have Hayley's birthday in June but there should be a good few dates to choose from. I'll also see if we want to bring the family too as we've never had a catch up with everyone.

@jordie1892 , as you live around in the area, is there a place like a campsite near the Go Kart place that we could maybe congregate and possibly stay one night camping so its a bit easier perhaps? That way it could be cheaper for some to travel to one place i'm thinking.

Milton Keynes is fairly central so i'm comfortable to do it here. We can always do more at different venues at different times - the thing with these is to just get one in the diary and organised, so on that note cheers for getting the ball rolling Mike!

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I would very much be up for this especially as I have just bought a new crash helmet for a potential return to my racing past 😄

Whilton Mill near Daventry is another possibility if you are looking at other venues. Brilliant circuit well maintained and great on-site facilities (restaurant etc) and are open to group events like the one I am participating in this Easter Sunday for charity(70+ entries). 

BF9E5576-36C2-4DF9-B51E-DE0AF12D57FB.jpeg

APmVvKG.gif