Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

Lallana wants out of Southampton, no surprise there then!

I think Southampton could be in deep shit next year. 

Lambert gone, Lallana going, Shaw likely to go and now Gaston Ramirez possibly off to Torino. The only one who isn't off at this present time is Jay Rodriguez as he's got a broken leg.

Oh and they don't have a manager! Kinda feel sorry for them as they have a fantastic bunch of players and now they're on the verge of losing the lot in just a few weeks.  

It is sad, but all the big clubs act like vultures during the transfer windows and the smaller clubs have little to no option but to sell their prized assets just to keep afloat. What Southampton can boast more than many other clubs is a great academy. Let's face it they have produced Bale and Walcott in recent times. I think they'll survive, but will find it more difficult than last season.

It is sad, but all the big clubs act like vultures during the transfer windows and the smaller clubs have little to no option but to sell their prized assets just to keep afloat. What Southampton can boast more than many other clubs is a great academy. Let's face it they have produced Bale and Walcott in recent times. I think they'll survive, but will find it more difficult than last season.

West Ham won the World Cup in 1966 and I wonder if Southampton will do it in 2014 :lol:

Yeah, it's pretty crappy for Southampton.

Mind you being Spurs, every time someone has a good game we get Real Madrid come sniffing like a dog on heat.

My number one theme in all footie related threads is my hatred of Madrid. The Arse don't even come close.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Yeah, it's pretty crappy for Southampton.

Mind you being Spurs, every time someone has a good game we get Real Madrid come sniffing like a dog on heat.

My number one theme in all footie related threads is my hatred of Madrid. The Arse don't even come close.

Well for some odd reason, Spurs and Real actually have an agreement when it comes to this I think. Like Spurs kind of being a farming club for Real. I feel the same way about Barca being an Arsenal fan though. Henry, Cesc, Song, Hleb and Sylvinho....

There was supposed to be a special relationship of commercial bullshit, the farming thing would be quite ridiculous for a premier league club of our standing, but they came for Luka and for Bale and while they had to work for both of them, they got them. Madrid did that to Barcelona back in the day with De Stefano.

You guys also have Manchester cherry picking your best players, it's crappy and lessens the game for me. Testimonials these days (10 years at a club) are a rarity and that's a shame.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Only player at the top of my head coming the other way (from Real to Spurs) would be Van der Vaart. Have to admit I miss having him in the BPL.

In other news, Cazorla has told Wenger to resign Fabregas... And Brede Hangeland has been released from Fulham. A year ago I'd have easily told Wenger to sign Hangeland but, he's been wank this season. And it wont be long until he drops out completely like Nesta.

Beckham says he might be open for a comeback (lol). If Wenger does sign Fabregas again, great, probably my 2nd favourite Arsenal player of all times. But we do also need another midfielder like Gilberto Silva. A beast that can dominate in front of our defence and also set up key passes forward.

There was supposed to be a special relationship of commercial bullshit, the farming thing would be quite ridiculous for a premier league club of our standing, but they came for Luka and for Bale and while they had to work for both of them, they got them. Madrid did that to Barcelona back in the day with De Stefano.

You guys also have Manchester cherry picking your best players, it's crappy and lessens the game for me. Testimonials these days (10 years at a club) are a rarity and that's a shame.

I remember Modric being a bit of a cock. He moaned for months about wanting a new deal; signed a six year contract despite having two years still to run, then wanted to leave Spurs 6 months later!

With the money mentality of the modern footballer; if you want to do business with a club, it has to be hushed now else teams like Man City and Chelsea just hijack potential deals. Wilian was a prime example. I think there should also be a limit on the amount of transfers between clubs in a fixed period of time or something.

Too many players heads get turned these days by the big money clubs.  

Yep, it's ridiculous. We have a league full of wonderful talented footballers and half of them spend their time warming benches. 

It's nuts when you think about it.

Except in financial terms and that's the problem. Profit trumps everything in this world of ours.

I'm sure the money men are missing a trick not having Gareth Bale at the World Cup, maybe they'll introduce a 'soccer wildcard' that allows players to play for other countries... :blink:  

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Arsenal have officially turned down the opportunity to resign Cesc Fabregas for £30m which paves the way for them getting Kimberley Kallstrom on a free transfer :lol:

I think this is another silly move by Wenger and gives the likes of Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd and Chesterfield the chance of nabbing him at a reduced price than the first refusal linked to his contract. 

I think they may live to regret that. 

Diego Costa passes medical at Chelsea ahead of £32m move.

Brentford lining up a deal for Fernando Torres for £32.50

Funnily enough, other than last season, Costa has been about as prolific as Torres. Ricky Lambert, now that's a striker. Not joking, I think he's class. Even if he plays for the bin dippers now.

Costa's a gamble in my opinion. Plus we (Tottenham) were chasing after him a year or so ago... that's not a good omen for any footballer.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

:lol: I love your names for other teams Phil!

It's mad to think that Costa scored about 10 goals more than Torres, Ba and Eto'o combined. One good season? i'm sure he'll have another one.....lets hope he doesnt though :D

I'm pretty sure Torres, Ba and Eto-o only scored 3 goals last year between them so does that mean Costa only scored 13? :lol:  B)

Either way his name will be ripe for some chanting on the 'terraces'. 

Costa Costa you are an ugly thug

We drink tea in a cup 

Not coffee in a mug

Or something like that only more offensive and funny

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'm pretty sure Torres, Ba and Eto-o only scored 3 goals last year between them so does that mean Costa only scored 13? :lol:  B)

Really, i thought i read they'd scored 19.....maybe it was 9  :lol:

Well Costa bagged 29 or something ridiculous like that.

Looks like Shaw wanted to go to UTD a while ago

Luke Shaw told Southampton he wanted Man Utd move last monthBy Ben SmithBBC Sport

England full-back Luke Shaw told Southampton on the final day of the Premier League season that he wanted to join Manchester United.

The 18-year-old defender spoke to the Saints hierarchy at an event held at a hotel following the 1-1 home draw with United on 11 May.

By that time, United had already made a £27m offer for the left-back.

Southampton will not consider allowing any more of their players to leave until a new manager is appointed.

England striker Rickie Lambert has already been sold to Liverpool,while club captain Adam Lallana has been the subject of multiple bidsfrom the Anfield club.

Saints hope to appoint a successor to manager Mauricio Pochettino, who joined Tottenham in late May, within the next 10 days, with former Dutch international Ronald Koeman a leading candidate for the post.

Shaw, though, has made his intentions clear.

The youngster had been asked to clarify his future quickly, with England manager Roy Hodgson making it clear he wanted squad members to sort out proposed transfers before the World Cup begins on 12 June.

Southampton, however, will only sell if the circumstances are right.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27758163