Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

Cracking crowd at Portman Road last night but quite a tough task for Ipswich in the end. It was extremely tight (and boring :ph34r: ) until Shane Long scored (great finish) but the hosts just couldn't get anything going in the final third. Southampton really pressed Ipswich on the ball which made it hard for them to get comfortable on the ball and create any solid chances. McGoldrick should have passed instead of shooting towards the end of the first half as that was a rare and very decent opportunity and the only other clear chance was the header just after half time. The Saints didn't really threaten much either but they looked solid and not in any real danger to concede.

Southampton have looked incredible all year and there is a real possibility of them getting a CL place. Ipswich also have a real chance of getting back into the Prem from what I've seen of them on the box this season. 

Poor old Millwall fans last night :D Great win for Spurs too after being 2-0 down after 8 minutes!

@phil

You still going to the Sheffield United match Wednesday? 

My fellow yids couldn't make it, so I didn't bother getting a ticket. I occasionally get a call the day before games from a mate with a spare, so you never know...

It sold out a lot quicker than I thought it would too. 

What about yourself?

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

My fellow yids couldn't make it, so I didn't bother getting a ticket. I occasionally get a call the day before games from a mate with a spare, so you never know...

It sold out a lot quicker than I thought it would too. 

What about yourself?

Managed to get one in the end! Only North upper right at the very top sadly but there were only about 9 tickets in the whole ground left :lol: Can't wait to get back down there for the first time in years B)

Managed to get one in the end! Only North upper right at the very top sadly but there were only about 9 tickets in the whole ground left :lol: Can't wait to get back down there for the first time in years B)

Ah north east upper, crap view but at least you get the singing between park lane and shelf side ;)

My offer of a place to stay stands by the way, can meet you for a pint after the game and then it's ten minutes on the train to hackney downs. I imagine it's cheaper for you to get a return ticket but you're welcome any time dude :)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Ah north east upper, crap view but at least you get the singing between park lane and shelf side ;)

My offer of a place to stay stands by the way, can meet you for a pint after the game and then it's ten minutes on the train to hackney downs. I imagine it's cheaper for you to get a return ticket but you're welcome any time dude :)

Yep! It was either there or a restricted view in the shelf side - I sat behind the pole in the lower tier years and years back for the Arsenal game and it still cost something like £68 for the ticket :lol: I could see probably 30% of the pitch and 100% of the Arsehole fans :ph34r:

That's much appreciated Phil - I have the day off but I don't know the crack work-wise next day but I'll keep you posted. If I have the Thursday off; I may take you up on your kind offer but if I don't; I'll have to race back to Oxford; get back at 2am and start getting ready for work :D Will let you know though :)

My plan for Wednesday is taking shape.

- Wake up 10.30

- Brunch 11.15

- Bus 12.15

- Pub 12.30

- Coach to London 13.00

- Pub 14:30

- Another pub 15:30

- Tube to Seven Sisters 16:00

- Walk 16:25

- Pub 16:45

- Another pub 17:30

- Takeaway 18:15

- Pub 18:45

- Game 19:45

- Walk 21:35

- Tube 22:00

- Last orders 22:30

- Bus to Oxford 23:15

- Taxi 1.00am 

- Breakfast 1.30am

- Work 2.30am

Like a boss B)

He decided to go after all, so no ticket for me :rolleyes:  Wrap up warm tomorrow, it's freezing this week :)

Ah no worries Phil - I'm sure I'll be down again this season and hopefully an afternoon game without work the next day! 

I've got my old Spurs coat from 2008 that is incredibly warm and I even wear it to some Oxford games too :lol: I've dug out a scarf from the 2009 Carling Cup Final which I don't remember buying but I will wear that too. All I gotta worry about now is what skirt to wear :ph34r:  B)

Chelsea 

What really fucks me off is that I grew up with Cheatski being a second division club, then in the late 90s Ken Bates almost put them out of business buying flashy name players. Fulham had as many fans as them.

A few days before the russian mafia bought the club, it was about to go bust, they were going to be wound up. 

As for tonight, Jose used to complain about teams parking the bus, oh the irony.

At least we (Spurs) put 5 past the smug twats this month :)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

What really fucks me off is that I grew up with Cheatski being a second division club, then in the late 90s Ken Bates almost put them out of business buying flashy name players. Fulham had as many fans as them.

A few days before the russian mafia bought the club, it was about to go bust, they were going to be wound up. 

As for tonight, Jose used to complain about teams parking the bus, oh the irony.

At least we (Spurs) put 5 past the smug twats this month :)

My grandad grew up a few minutes away from the stadium back in the 50's so naturally has supported them his whole life. Even he hates what the money has done to the club.

As for the thrashing, it put a huge smile on my face  :lol:  :lol: