Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

Think our fans received a bit of a wake up call, having seen it for weeks on social media Blues fans harping on about how we are going to walk the league, not lose a single game etc. Reading came at us and fought, they pressed really well and in all fairness if they were in the championship they would do well playing like that.

What it did show is that each team this season will bring their A game against us and we need to fight for each point, there were glimpses of good play and when Hansson came on we looked much better, though at other times I felt I was watching one of Southgate's teams with the sideways and backwards passing. The number of shots flattered us and I felt Reading should have walked away with more, I think that's where the quality or lack thereof was noticeable because though they had great chances they just could not finish.

If we are in and around the play off mix for our first season in league 1 I would be happy with that, a season of gelling, getting everything together and then a promotion or title push even next season.

Luseth.png

On 8/11/2024 at 11:46 PM, phil bottle said:

Lee will be fairly pleased too, 6 goals in the Blackburn game.

Personally looking forward to seeing if Solanke can do the business in a Spurs shirt...

After last night's Carabao Cup game, we've scored 10 in 2 games. Unfortunately we've now reached out quota for goals in the entire 24/25 season so hoping for 37 no score draws to get us to 40 points 🤞

Forum Signature Test.png

On 8/16/2024 at 1:13 PM, Lurchzy said:

Szmodics joins Ipswich @GazzaGarratt

Inevitable he was going to leave unfortunately and he deserves his shot in the Premier League. The only slight disappointment is that he went for 10 million which is pretty cheap for an Attacking Midfielder that was the 2nd highest goalscorer from all the English Leagues, with only Haaland beating him. Silly money for young unproven players elsewhere.

Forum Signature Test.png